Any way to change regions?

Spaz.5039

I already have a homeworld and several characters in NA servers, but the people i played with no longer play, and all my new friends are on EU servers. Is there any way for me to make new characters on an EU world without needing to make a new account or spend money? Im not terribly attached to my current characters but i did pay money for my account and would like to make use of it.

@Spaz.5039 I strongly advice against deleting characters! Remember that birthday presents are based on character age, and the birthday achievements also are tied to oldest existing character on the account!

Deleting characters is to get a free transfer. You can move regions simply by transfering servers which normally costs gems. By transfering to a server with Medium population, it only costs 500 gems. That's about 150 gold, so you don't have to spend actual money!

@"dynomite.5834" said:Honestly, birthday presents are meh...if you don't have the gems to transfer, delete and free transfer.

The first few years are meh, sure. The later years are pretty awesome, IMO. Definitely enough for the OP to have a look at and weigh in as a potential cost.I'd say "just sell some stuff to get 150g", while not quite as fast, is still pretty quick.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@"dynomite.5834" said:Honestly, birthday presents are meh...if you don't have the gems to transfer, delete and free transfer.

The first few years are meh, sure. The later years are pretty awesome, IMO. Definitely enough for the OP to have a look at and weigh in as a potential cost.I'd say "just sell some stuff to get 150g", while not quite as fast, is still pretty quick.

Indeed. Birthday presents starting in year three include a free gem shop dye per character, with market prices varying from 10g to 115g (for the 3rd year present). If all of the OP's characters are less than six-months old, then deleting them all will make a small difference in the long run. But if several are older, then I think it's worth paying 500 gems to transfer (maybe 150 gold at current conversion rates).

Meanwhile https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sand_Shark_Dye that you can get from sixth year is 1000g(because it is the only one available) at the moment ... but even the slightly more sane prices are in the 400 to 800g range.

That is arguably less significant than luminous weapon and armor if you are interested in those because time is the only way to obtain that. No matter how expensive a dye might be it can more or less always be bought.

Archived