People are getting rocked by scourge. Stop.

mistsim.2748

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@mistsim.2748 said:because they keep eating all the aoe condi bombs. i really dont get it. it's an easy spec to destroy, it's squishy AF. just stay at 900-1200, kite it, and kill it. im losing a ton of games because my teammates keep feeding enemy scourges. they dont bring condi cleanse, they dont kite, they over-commit. if enemy team has 2x scourge and we have less or none, game is over. pretty frustrating, especially when people see it as "OP" and are spamming it. at least 3-4 scourge in every game.

the biggest annoyance by far though for me is that I literally have to play my glassbow ranger to melt these guys, otherwise people will just feed forever. and i really didnt wanna go back to the glassbow.So you are saying all melee builds have no longer a place in pvp?

uh nope, there are melee builds that can go toe-to-toe with Scourge. I'm mostly saying that hard counterpicks (like longbow rangers) will become more important.

@miriforst.1290 said:because they keep eating all the rockets. i really dont get it. it's an easy spec to destroy, it's a sitting duck. just stay at 900-1200, use LOS, and kill it.

the issue back then actually was that we didn't have the tools to deal with this build. for example, we didn't have unblockable projectiles. we HAVE the tools to deal with the Scourge.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@mistsim.2748 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@mistsim.2748 said:because they keep eating all the aoe condi bombs. i really dont get it. it's an easy spec to destroy, it's squishy AF. just stay at 900-1200, kite it, and kill it. im losing a ton of games because my teammates keep feeding enemy scourges. they dont bring condi cleanse, they dont kite, they over-commit. if enemy team has 2x scourge and we have less or none, game is over. pretty frustrating, especially when people see it as "OP" and are spamming it. at least 3-4 scourge in every game.

the biggest annoyance by far though for me is that I literally have to play my glassbow ranger to melt these guys, otherwise people will just feed forever. and i really didnt wanna go back to the glassbow.So you are saying all melee builds have no longer a place in pvp?

uh nope, there are melee builds that can go toe-to-toe with Scourge. I'm mostly saying that hard counterpicks (like longbow rangers) will become more important.

@miriforst.1290 said:because they keep eating all the rockets. i really dont get it. it's an easy spec to destroy, it's a sitting duck. just stay at 900-1200, use LOS, and kill it.

the issue back then actually was that we didn't have the tools to deal with this build. for example, we didn't have unblockable projectiles. we HAVE the tools to deal with the Scourge.

But the build everyone was complaining about was using turrets off point in odd places if i remember it right so melee couldn't cleave all of them down at the same time? And that build used increased damage and range instead of the reflect trait (there's a reason the deploy-able turrets, auto heal and range traits are gone but the reflect trait remains). I mean i'd agree that the bubble build was stronger and more useful but it wasn't what i was seeing everywhere, and in that build placing, overcharging and picking up was much better anyhow than letting them remain for pitiful damage (rocket turret needed to remain as the turret have a far longer recharge than its overcharge making it non ideal for bubble builds). If anything rolling healing turret with the trait was a good way to troll the turreteers.

Wow this has taken me way back.

Although I'm only a gold 3 ranger, I was able to easily kill a scourge with.. a staff of all things on my bunker druid. I switched back to shoutbow the next match, and melted another scourge even faster.

Someone earlier said that an obstacle to the "stand off node and kill the Scourge" logic was an inability to land kills quickly at range due to evades, LOS, etc. I can't think of a map that would allow a scourge to both keep node and efficiently LOS at the same time. I think any competent ranger can force a response - either a fast scourge kill, or pressure them off the node. Until I get consistently facerolled by them, I don't see the need to nerf the spec. Even then, my opinion will probably be non-objective, it'll mostly be purely my own salt about losing.

@Crinn.7864 said:As a scourge player, the biggest mistake that I see enemy teams doing is that they are afraid to engage me. Allowing a scourge breathing room results in the exact same outcome that giving a glass staff ele breathing room does - your team gets murdered.

Scourge squishy, the best way to handle it is to simply tunnel it down. DH, Holosmith, Daredevil, and most warrior specs can easily just bull through scourge's melee hate and burn the scourge down before the scourge can nuke anything. And of course ranged classes, like LB ranger and Deadeye can just kill a scourge with relative ease.

Scourge is the necromancer equivalent of a glass staff ele, and you handle it the same way you handle a staff ele.

Now granted scourge + support tempest is a monster, but nobody plays support tempest in solo queue anymore so.

Youv'e made the comparison between scourge and staff ele before and it isnt quite accurate. Staff ele is direct damage so if you get hit over a space of 1 second by staff ele, its not the end of the world, you can keep pressuring as long as you evade the next few attacks. While you are evading you arent taking anymore damage.

With scourge if you get hit over one second, for some builds its pretty much over. Even if you aren't dead you now have enough stacks of conditions to kill you twice over plus conditions that affect your heal, your damage and your evades. If you choose to evade any more incoming attacks you are still taking huge amounts of damage. If you dont evade and choose to cleanse, once you cleanse you take more conditions immediately after and then forced to either evade or cleanse again which is probably on cooldown.

The fact that scourge doesnt have much in defense is no excuse for building a glass canon condi spec. If everyone minus thief had easy access to resistance and they gave scourge proper sustain, only then would the condi damage make sense.

the biggest annoyance by far though for me is that I literally have to play my glassbow ranger to melt these guys, otherwise people will just feed forever. and i really didnt wanna go back to the glassbow.

Obviously it's not an easy spec to destroy if you're losing games to it?

@miriforst.1290 said:because they keep eating all the rockets. i really dont get it. it's an easy spec to destroy, it's a sitting duck. just stay at 900-1200, use LOS, and kill it.> @Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:

the biggest annoyance by far though for me is that I literally have to play my glassbow ranger to melt these guys, otherwise people will just feed forever. and i really didnt wanna go back to the glassbow.

oh it is now, i just had to counterpick. Even without running my glassbow, I wasn't having too many issues with other ranger specs. there are quite a few specs that do kill it with ease, but people havent yet figured out how to fight the Scourge. some people take longer than others to learn, and just feed instead.

@MethaneGas.8357 said:Scourges are squishy... so their damage is warranted. If you took away their damage and left them as squishy as they are right now, it would be utter kitten.

This is exactly why i created this thread (and to vent). I don't want ANet to do another kneejerk nerf that nullifies an entire spec, as they tend to. I dont even play necro.

@mistsim.2748 said:

@miriforst.1290 said:because they keep eating all the rockets. i really dont get it. it's an easy spec to destroy, it's a sitting duck. just stay at 900-1200, use LOS, and kill it.> @Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:

oh it is now, i just had to counterpick. Even without running my glassbow, I wasn't having too many issues with other ranger specs. there are quite a few specs that do kill it with ease, but people havent yet figured out how to fight the Scourge. some people take longer than others to learn, and just feed instead.

@MethaneGas.8357 said:Scourges are squishy... so their damage is warranted. If you took away their damage and left them as squishy as they are right now, it would be utter kitten.

This is exactly why i created this thread (and to vent). I don't want ANet to do another kneejerk nerf that nullifies an entire spec, as they tend to. I dont even play necro.

Mmm... it may change when people figure out that Scourge is not intended to fight alone, They are really strong at area control... so in sPvP they are better off if people fight around them. They are pretty ridiculous in WvW if you don't have a deadeye or a ranger to shut them down quickly.

Archived