Unlimited unbound magic gathering tools - amount magic received

Clyan.1593

I just put the new set of Volatile Magic tools on a level 50- character that I am doing a map completion with and in my experience these tools give much less yield then the Unbound tools do on my level 80 Main. Is the yield character-level dependant? Or dependant on level of map?

I think I will do a test with both tools on both characters.

@Tyncale.1629 said:I just put the new set of Volatile Magic tools on a level 50- character that I am doing a map completion with and in my experience these tools give much less yield then the Unbound tools do on my level 80 Main. Is the yield character-level dependant? Or dependant on level of map?

I think I will do a test with both tools on both characters.

I don't know about that.But in my case I am using ONE lvl80 hero and then compare the gain of both gathering tools.

I did a test with my level 80 using both Unbound and Volatile tools, in 2 different zones (level 50 and level 80). Level of the zone did not matter. But I am getting a lot more Unbound magic when Mining then Volatile, so opposite to what you are reporting.Results:Volatile tool:3,1,22,1,21,3,31,2,32,2,13,1,12,1,12,3,11,1,3Unbound tool:3,3,45,5,53,3,44,3,33,3,54,3,45,5,43,4,35,4,3

Range for Volatile: between 1-3Range for Unbound tool: between 3-5Very odd.

Yes this is very odd. Did you use any magic find buffs?I will test this evening too, however I could swear that unbound has always been lower - for me.

EDIT: btw, only test on normal nodes, not on season 3 or 4 nodes, because they will give additional magic based on their zone / the season they belong to.

I tested in Fields of Ruin and Frostgorge Sound. I now have 199% native Magic Find and did not have any buffs on me. I had bought the Unbound Tools way back, before I recently bought the Volatile Tools. Maybe the first set you buy has the better results? :) I know this absolutely does not make sense, but I have to agree with you that I was disappointed when I bought the second set: in my case the Volatile set. :)

I don't actually think it's that strange. Season 3 maps have a lot more to spend that currency on, particularly due to the trinkets and such. Season 4 maps have less use of it by comparison so it doesn't surprise me it's tuned down for the volatile currency.

I mean you get a lot more winterberries on a run than blood rubies. So not all currencies are equal is what I'm saying.

@"Tyncale.1629" said:I tested in Fields of Ruin and Frostgorge Sound. I now have 199% native Magic Find and did not have any buffs on me. I had bought the Unbound Tools way back, before I recently bought the Volatile Tools. Maybe the first set you buy has the better results? :) I know this absolutely does not make sense, but I have to agree with you that I was disappointed when I bought the second set: in my case the Volatile set. :)

Is your Unbound set still the "original" or are they exchanged into the glyph-version? I'm thinking this might affect things...

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@"Tyncale.1629" said:I tested in Fields of Ruin and Frostgorge Sound. I now have 199% native Magic Find and did not have any buffs on me. I had bought the Unbound Tools way back, before I recently bought the Volatile Tools. Maybe the first set you buy has the better results? :) I know this absolutely does not make sense, but I have to agree with you that I was disappointed when I bought the second set: in my case the Volatile set. :)

Is your Unbound set still the "original" or are they exchanged into the glyph-version? I'm thinking this might affect things...

They are both the glyph version now.

@Khisanth.2948 said:Also make sure you are comparing the same type of nodes. Sickle gives more than axe and pick per strike.

I only tested on Mining nodes. It is really odd that I get such consistent results that are the exact opposite of what the OP and Hasberry are reporting. I get almost twice as much Unbound then I get Volatile. Also there seems to be a hard limit for both these tools. I have never gotten more then 3 Volatile per hit, and never less then 3 Unbound per hit. Volatile 1-3 range, Unbound 3-5 range per hit. I wonder if the OP and Hashberry have the exact same numbers but the other way around?

I didnt have time to test it myself yet. However I may understand now where the difference is:Using the UM gathering tools for plants gives only 1-3 UM for me, however if I use VM on plant nodes it's way higher, like 5-7 or so.

Maybe different nodes give different results for both VM and UM tools - but in total it might have the same average count of magic received.

Archived