please stop duelling in WvW!!

Ayakaru.6583

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ansau.7326 said:We don't own anything to our server, nothing to its players. Our behavior is a consequence of the circumstances. You interrupt a duel of strangers, they will behave so you get screwed as you are just a stranger taking advantage this game doesn't allow to attack green names.

You're wrong about server pride though, or at least I want to think that still in this day - for me it's like this: you can't change your parents, your home country, the football team you support. It's with you the whole way, like your home server. I've always frowned upon server bandwagoners.

But soon all that will be gone when ANet will do away with the servers on WvW.

Really? You can’t respect a 1v1? That’s sad. Even if it’s not a duel I like to let solo combat situations shake out.

Duelers can fight wherever. If they get interrupted, fine. But don’t complain if you’re interrupting and get killed. You didn’t need to interrupt.

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:no one on EU used term "havoc group" at least deep into 2016. I've got informed that apparently group higher than 5 but still not zerg is called havoc group somewhere in 2017, but in between I had a break so can't quarantee lack of widespread use in between. if your guild was using term havoc group before 2016 then gz for precursoring the terminology progression ;)

"No one"...

Does a search in the archive on myself and havoc
- oh I mentioned it 2014 the first time. I really didnt post much in the early days I think.
Does a search on havoc in general
- oh EU people mentioning it 2013 and even 2012.

"No one"...

You checked the
old
archived forums right?

I think Your point about HoT kinda struck a nerve.

then you think wrong it was actually funny since I'm in here since 2012.... (not exacly since launch itself tho got slightly late for that)

Yeah.. I couldn't understand what he meant about Havoc being new.. then it became about the 'word'.

I meant term havoc group as I explained above used common community to describe groups in size between 5-20 focused on taking usually undefended structures

@Strider Pj.2193 said:It wasn't just 'my group'. Roaming with a party of 5 was never roaming.

except it was in 2013....

We called it Havoc ing as it caused.... you know.., havoc. Maybe it was a language barrier. Who knows.

and ironically term havocing is not same as term havoc group, but mkay maybe in your server/guild/area/whatever people were using it long before all the rest of EU WvW communities....

But call it whatever the young cats you choose to call it: Havoc was a 'thing' from very early in the game whether you saw that or not.

"young cats" lol

(on a note I just noticed I have quoted twice the same person in reverse order of posts being made, this was not exacly intended I just pickedthe point from response fro mnotifs to respond and after that decided to scroll up and adress few others since I was making a post anyway, also note that I did mentioned "not having time at hand" and I meant it - this was a kinda busy days over here so I couldn't respond sooner to those posts, and as for digging up old archived forum - if I had time to be digging that one out I'd also give you much older reference points than a song from YT to back up that roaming and blobs were established in broader community long before HoT - but since I don't have that much of spare time at hand in this month I'm basing most of what I say in here not on digging throught archived things, but based on personal memories from that time)

@"sephiroth.4217" said:Like I said, around that area...

considering oldest build dedicated to roaming I remember dating to 2013 (beastmaster hybrid if you were curious, was very energetic ranger main myself back then) and some of first forum complaints about servers "blobbing" in wvw (mentioning specifically 80+ blobs) - yeah totally a thing that started being a thing "around HoT area"..... >.>

Theres no arguement here... havok has always been a thing.

The world doesnt revolve around you, just because you learnt about it on a specific day doesnt mean it was invented that day.

There is nothing to argue here, havok has always been a thing wether you like it or not and nothing you say will change those facts.

Im sorry to be blunt but put it this way, when I was 6 I learnt that the sun could burn me, the difference between you and me is that I dont claim the sun to be burning people as something new or something that only started when it happened to me when I was 6.

i remember when we used to bring a big zerg to the ''private dueling places'' just to mess, then we kinda hide and wait until they come again for prepare and we run over them again, we even lost some towers and a keep in other borderlands but we didnt care, we were giving the message because we can retake towers and keeps like np but making mad people is priceless interrupting these yugioh duelers is priceless

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Tom.5914 said:@> @Ayakaru.6583 said:

I constantly run into fights in wvw, I see people from my server fighting people from other servers.So I join in, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT YOU DO IN SERVER vs SERVER.The result is always; the people from my server stop fighting, and watch as I get slaughtered by the enemy.

you are the typical honorless supernoob, unable to win 1vs1, so you play the outnumbering game in order to feel better. I hope self-deception works for you...

No? In wvw you fight enemies, so when i see an enemy, i fight. Sometimes i win, sometimes i lose. If i see someone else fight an enemy, i help them kill the enemy. But many times the guy i help suddenly stops fighting.

It has nothing to do with being honorless because you're supposed to kill the enemies. 2v1 makes out easier, so you have a higher chance at winning and continuing to the next enemy.

There's something about duellers and duelling that make them forget they are in wvw, and that when people play wvw on
their duel zones
they are suddenly honorless noobs

Are you really so delusional that you think you absolutely have to fight the “enemies” in a video game? Dude just chill, it’s a game, people can do whatever they want. Your concept of an “enemy” is as real as the goals of the wvw game mode - people don’t have to follow either of them. Move on accept that if you can interrupt a duel, people can back off and watch you getting killed. Don’t want that? Get good.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:no one on EU used term "havoc group" at least deep into 2016. I've got informed that apparently group higher than 5 but still not zerg is called havoc group somewhere in 2017, but in between I had a break so can't quarantee lack of widespread use in between. if your guild was using term havoc group before 2016 then gz for precursoring the terminology progression ;)

"No one"...

Does a search in the archive on myself and havoc
- oh I mentioned it 2014 the first time. I really didnt post much in the early days I think.
Does a search on havoc in general
- oh EU people mentioning it 2013 and even 2012.

"No one"...

You checked the
old
archived forums right?

I think Your point about HoT kinda struck a nerve.

then you think wrong it was actually funny since I'm in here since 2012.... (not exacly since launch itself tho got slightly late for that)

Yeah.. I couldn't understand what he meant about Havoc being new.. then it became about the 'word'.

I meant term havoc group as I explained above used common community to describe groups in size between 5-20 focused on taking usually undefended structures

@Strider Pj.2193 said:It wasn't just 'my group'. Roaming with a party of 5 was never roaming.

except it was in 2013....

We called it Havoc ing as it caused.... you know.., havoc. Maybe it was a language barrier. Who knows.

and ironically term havocing is not same as term havoc group, but mkay maybe in your server/guild/area/whatever people were using it long before all the rest of EU WvW communities....

But call it whatever the young cats you choose to call it: Havoc was a 'thing' from very early in the game whether you saw that or not.

"young cats" lol

(on a note I just noticed I have quoted twice the same person in reverse order of posts being made, this was not exacly intended I just pickedthe point from response fro mnotifs to respond and after that decided to scroll up and adress few others since I was making a post anyway, also note that I did mentioned "not having time at hand" and I meant it - this was a kinda busy days over here so I couldn't respond sooner to those posts, and as for digging up old archived forum - if I had time to be digging that one out I'd also give you much older reference points than a song from YT to back up that roaming and blobs were established in broader community long before HoT - but since I don't have that much of spare time at hand in this month I'm basing most of what I say in here not on digging throught archived things, but based on personal memories from that time)

@sephiroth.4217 said:Like I said, around that area...

considering oldest build dedicated to roaming I remember dating to 2013 (beastmaster hybrid if you were curious, was very energetic ranger main myself back then) and some of first forum complaints about servers "blobbing" in wvw (mentioning specifically 80+ blobs) - yeah totally a thing that started being a thing "around HoT area"..... >.>

Theres no arguement here... havok has always been a thing.

The world doesnt revolve around you, just because you learnt about it on a specific day doesnt mean it was invented that day.

There is nothing to argue here, havok has always been a thing wether you like it or not and nothing you say will change those facts.

Im sorry to be blunt but put it this way, when I was 6 I learnt that the sun could burn me, the difference between you and me is that I dont claim the sun to be burning people as something new or something that only started when it happened to me when I was 6.

Well said.

I know I'm late to the thread but omggg this OP is the funniest thing I've seen on gw2 forums for a loong time.

WATCH OUT GUYS! THIS GUY DOES NOT GIVE A KITTEN. HE WILL INTERRUPT THE DUELS, HE WILL ATTACK THE ENEMY, AND HE WILL CONTINUE TO

@Ayakaru.6583 said:get slaughtered by the enemy.

XDDD

the thing about this thread is this:

duelers don't expect everybody to follow the same rules and don't want everyone to play the game exactly like them. but people like OP and those who defend him want everyone to play wvw only the same way they do. very hypocritical. duelers aren't mad. they don't go cry on forums.

@Safandula.8723 said:90‰of duels are in the same dueling spot, so stop whining and start to learn. For me dueling is a break from roaming and zerging, give 1 reason why i should t do that :p

Yes, duels usually take place in the same locations. On Alpine Borderlands map it is usually north of the bridge near south camp and in EBG it is usually around the fringes of SMC. I am not sure where the typical location for duels in DBL, so I can't help you there.

there is no reason to restrict it. I would be nice to set up some type of arena/amphitheater area in each map where ppl could migrate to for duels or guild battles. I do like to stop and watch from time to time, as I feel I can learn from them. I think it can only help new players learn mechanics, and usually (not always) the enemy doesn't stomp you so you can revive and try again.

• 2 weeks later...

When I first started I ran into this and felt the 'betrayal' mentioned in the first post. I thought I was helping a guy in the middle of the desert map only to have him back off and watch me get killed.Eventually I learned some of the more popular duel spots. Some duelists are great about making their dueling intentions obvious, others (more the kids or jerks in general) seem more opportunistic. Ie.. they look like they are there duel, in the right spot but really seem to enjoy just ganking solo players who look like easy kills.Overall it's WvW and if a duelist gets killed on a pass by of a group I'm in or a duel gets interrupted I honestly have no sympathy. You take your chances dueling in the WvW mode. If, however, I can be sure it's a duel or the duelist isn't an opportunistic ganker I'll move past them. But again.. it's w/e, you step into WvW then you are a target.

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:I constantly run into fights in wvw, I see people from my server fighting people from other servers.So I join in, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT YOU DO IN SERVER vs SERVER.The result is always; the people from my server stop fighting, and watch as I get slaughtered by the enemy.

I tell them to help me kill the enemy server's players, but they refuse, because apparantly 'i've interrupted a private fight'.In every sense of the word, that is treason, or betrayal, or whatever word you want to give it.I will attempt to help them kill the enemies.

Oh my god this is such a good laugh. I have tears coming out of my eyes, thank you so much OP!

soVV2d4.png

@"Felipe.1807" said:I honestly believe that if this game were a little more serious, WvW dueling should be bannable offence just like Match manipulation on sPvP...but I dont even bother trying to fight people dueling anymore, cause I know my "allies" will just watch as the enemy players 1v5 me...from my experiece 60% or more of the "duelers" will kill solo players(roamers) as they pass by, 100% will happen if you try to take the sentry that they are near...this kind of behavior dont bother me anymore, but if I see in map chat that they are doing this to more players I just tag up and spawn camp them till they rage quit to other map.

I was gonna ask what's the logic behind on your post but then i noticed you are the guy that said "healers don't need nerfs because they can't kill anyone" some time ago. :lol:

@Traveller.7496 said:

You're wrong about server pride though, or at least I want to think that still in this day - for me it's like this: you can't change your parents, your home country, the football team you support.

The football team you support is permanent? I live roughly equidistant to Detroit, Chicago and Green Bay. Tell me, which is my home team?Answer: None. I hit puberty late, no sportsball for this guy \o/

It's with you the whole way, like your home server. I've always frowned upon server bandwagoners.

I have no home server, I had a starting server.But I do have a home team, it's my guild. See, it's not really your server, it's anyone who ponies up the dough to transfers' server. I like to be a bit more selective about my teammates... And for that matter also my opponents. The whole point of sPvP, GvG and duelling is to remove a few variables and have a controlled, somewhat even matchup. A clash of skill rather than a chance encounter. The appeal should be evident to any sports fan, sometimes it's fun to just mash whoever together.. But then sometimes you want a championship playoff. Both things have value and variety is the spice of life.

@Alehin.3746 said:

@"Felipe.1807" said:I honestly believe that if this game were a little more serious, WvW dueling should be bannable offence just like Match manipulation on sPvP...but I dont even bother trying to fight people dueling anymore, cause I know my "allies" will just watch as the enemy players 1v5 me...from my experiece 60% or more of the "duelers" will kill solo players(roamers) as they pass by, 100% will happen if you try to take the sentry that they are near...this kind of behavior dont bother me anymore, but if I see in map chat that they are doing this to more players I just tag up and spawn camp them till they rage quit to other map.

I was gonna ask what's the logic behind on your post but then i noticed you are the guy that said "healers don't need nerfs because they can't kill anyone" some time ago. :lol:

Yeah sure, healers/support specs need more nerfs cause they are dominating soloQ sPvP right now right? Is all about those Firebrands and Druids, Core Guards and Soulbeasts are no existent at all....and this on sPvP, WvW is way worse, how can you possible try to justify a nerf to a support spec when is really common to see 20K+ damage flying around? You probably dont see logic behind what I said cause you crearly dont know what you talking about.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@geist.4126 said:New popular dueling spot: Spawntower Alpine borderland.

What's wrong with people. You have two spots in alpine that are mostly okay, do not establish new ones and whine when someone interrupts your duels.

So? Kill them or move on.

The problem is I hate killing duelers. And I get all the whispers after it happens.

@geist.4126 said:

@geist.4126 said:New popular dueling spot: Spawntower Alpine borderland.

What's wrong with people. You have two spots in alpine that are mostly okay, do not establish new ones and whine when someone interrupts your duels.

So? Kill them or move on.

The problem is I hate killing duelers. And I get all the whispers after it happens.

Then they need to move.

I don’t try to intervene in duels either. But that is by choice. If I see my team member pull back and disengage, I will too, but otherwise, if you are in the well traveled path, you have to expect to be attacked.

@XECOR.2814 said:I always kill downed thief and rangers if i find them healing themselves up for another duel with someone, just because i hate these specific classes for pewpew my necro and jumping on my body thinking they are better than me. Hmph.

Or when you focus one person, and 4 more come and wipe you and next think you know, the one you focused is jumping on your body, teabagging it as if they accomplished something,lol. As braindead and moronic as a zerg chasing 1 roamer across a map.

Archived