What spec would you like thief to have next?

TorQ.7041

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

@Artyport.2084 said:Mist Dancer.A dancer spec that can buff allies with the power of the mist.Dancing through the mist to attack enemies while pulling out boons to inspire allies and heal.Weilding an offhand Sword that slices open portals as he dances through the sky.

sounds pretty much like something Revenant could have i mean they are dealing with mists all the time

dancer can not be a heavy armor class. and with the fact that we are going to the mist all the time all the characters might get some mist magic.

@caerulean.4837 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Got control firstThan DPSNext is support.

This is pretty much what I was thinking! I know most people do/would see it as more of a mesmer thing, but turning the thief into a rogueish bard by giving them OH focus and shouts would be SO cool.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Got control firstThan DPSNext is support.

This is pretty much what I was thinking! I know most people do/would see it as more of a mesmer thing, but turning the thief into a rogueish bard by giving them OH focus and shouts would be SO cool.

Id vote for group utility/mobility.Weapon maybe sword OH.More AoE focussed weapon and skills.Group teleports, condi removal and maybe just maybe heals via lifesteal.

At this point id rather have no new elite spec instead of something like DE again causing panic nerfs all over the rest of the class. Sniper with alot of stealth on a class where everyone already complains about stealth, good idea. In general the high damage - high risk thing doesnt work when everyone just whines about the high damage and chooses to ignore the paper defense, so id hope the balance devs would factor in reddit or the pvp forums abit less or just finally do a complete skill split so their pvp experiments can stay contained.

But to be somewhat OT, something pirate/swashbuckler themed maybe with sword and shield? Or ninja-ish with just a mainhand sword/dagger where offhand gets some other stuff based on traits you select?

I think another great idea for thief would be adding a spec that revolves around counterattacks. So the majority of the weapons skills would be based around the idea that if you say block an attack you get access to a new skill for a short period of time or if you interrupt your foe you can knock them down or something like this. This is not something that is new to the game but to my knowledge there are no specs or classes that are entirely based around counterattacking and I think thief would be the ideal candidate.

As of the weapon I'm still leaning toward greatsword. :)

@"TreK.3794" said:I think another great idea for thief would be adding a spec that revolves around counterattacks. So the majority of the weapons skills would be based around the idea that if you say block an attack you get access to a new skill for a short period of time or if you interrupt your foe you can knock them down or something like this. This is not something that is new to the game but to my knowledge there are no specs or classes that are entirely based around counterattacking and I think thief would be the ideal candidate.

that's not even something new to thief (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bandit%27s_Defense) and i don't see how you could expand it into an entire espec

@TreK.3794 said:I think another great idea for thief would be adding a spec that revolves around counterattacks. So the majority of the weapons skills would be based around the idea that if you say block an attack you get access to a new skill for a short period of time or if you interrupt your foe you can knock them down or something like this. This is not something that is new to the game but to my knowledge there are no specs or classes that are entirely based around counterattacking and I think thief would be the ideal candidate.

The idea that your weapon skills will consist of defensive skills swapping to offensive skills sounds great to me. Sounds perfect with a greatsword too.

I vote a dual mace, cc and mobility spec. A mid range melee fighter that uses short range tele's for positioning and cc to set up strikes for one's teammates. Thinking those times in WvW or Pvp where a well timed stun or immob gets an opponent torn to pieces. :)
Put in some boonshare or whatever to help make it a true offensive support spec, but with a thief twist based on opportunistic attacks.

I vote for a bard, that buffs and heals their allies, utilising song and an offhand appropriate to that role.So in essence a support spec. We already have 2 very strong damaging elites, as it stands now. The only thing the class does not have yet is a healing and, or boon support spec. So i vote for that.It also fits the thiefs role quite nicely, cause bards in other games are usually rogue characters as well.

@"Salshazar.7023" said:I vote for a bard, that buffs and heals their allies, utilising song and an offhand appropriate to that role.So in essence a support spec. We already have 2 very strong damaging elites, as it stands now. The only thing the class does not have yet is a healing and, or boon support spec. So i vote for that.It also fits the thiefs role quite nicely, cause bards in other games are usually rogue characters as well.

Please god no. I hate bards with a passion. Not even Dandelion escapes that feeling.Besides, you can't make a silent bard which would mean that the ESpec would include a lot of audio-based stuff, in other words, noise. We would need a "Silence Bards" option in the game settings xD

My suggestion for the topic is some kind of Shadowdancer-like spec dual-wielding Axes. Give the OH a cheap, short range shadowstep that can replace shortbow.

I'd like:A hammer, support oriented Elite. (I created a nice prototype some time ago)As OP says, a shadow based, dual sword wielder AoE Elite.

EDIT: Re-post here because why not.

The Chief Bandit

Class Role:Tank and support through self-administered ally healing.

Weapon:Hammer.

Profession Mechanic:Chief Bandit Presence: You become revealed instead of gaining stealth. When you are revealed gain flip-over skills.
(All abilities that work while stealth, now work while revealed).

Minor Traits:Chief Bandit Presence: You become revealed instead of gaining stealth. When you are revealed gain flip-over skills. Gain alacrity when revealed. Alacrity also affects your traits. Gain access to shouts.Quick tongue: Gain quickness when you Shout while revealed. Shouts have increased range under these effects.Bandit’s Endurance: Gain 1 stack of Bandit’s Endurance every 3 seconds after you been hit. Max stack: 5. Restart the stacks at count 6.Bandit’s Endurance: +70 toughness.

Adept:1. Leader not Boss: Copy all your boons to 3 random allies within the threshold. CD: Pulse every 10 secs.2. Clear Orders: Allies heal for a set amount when they abandon the threshold. 400 units. CD: 10secs per ally.3. The Best Defense: Become revealed when your initiative is below 2. If you have revitalization when this occurs, consume the boon for it's total healing.

Master:1. Fierce Leader:Gain: 1/2 sec of protection for each ally within 300 units. (Up to 5).1/2 sec of retaliation for every foe within 300 units. (up to 5).CD:15 secs.2. Bringer of Havoc: Allies within the threshold heal for 15% of their critical hits. Exactly in between 400-500 units. Max: 5.3. Advanced Bandit’s Defense:Gain a block when your endurance is below 30. If you block an attack, gain back some endurance.

Grandmaster:1. Render to Caesar: Copy all boons of a random ally within the threshold to yourself. CD: 15 secs. Exactly in between 400 to 500 units.2. Blood of a Martyr: Allies around you heal for 50% of the damage you receive. Exactly in between 300 to 400 units. Max count: 5, CD: 7secs.3. Bandit’s Reprisal: Gain retaliation at max stack of Bandit’s Endurance.

Weapon skills:1. Melee-Aoe attack chain. 3rd one steals a boon from one target.2. Headblow: Swing your hammer in an arc, inflicting vulnerability and interrupting foes.3. Hammer Spin: Spin in place along with your hammer, destroying projectiles and damaging foes.4. Battlefield Presence: Stow your hammer for 3 seconds, becoming unable to attack. Become revealed. Downed allies in an area gain 2sec of stealth.5. Disrupting Hammer: Strike your hammer with force in front of you, knocking back enemies. Blast combo.

Utilities:6. Never surrender!: Heal for x. The healing skill cooldown of nearby allies is reduced by x%.Flip-over: Heal for less. This skill CD is halved.7. Pillage!: The next two critical hits of you and your allies heals for 100% of damage. Ammunition: 3. CD: 40secs.Flip-over: Self-heal for every ally affected.8. Arm yourselves!: Grant two explosive kits to up to 5 allies. Their next two attacks deal more damage and burn.Flip-over: When an ally does any combo, they also do a blast finisher.9. Together we stand!: You and up to 5 people heal x for every ally around you. Also gain some protection for every foe in the threshold. Breaks stun.Flip-over: Allies around you breaks stun.10. Ambush: You and allies around you gain stealth. Their next attack copies two boons from the target.Flip-over: Lose a condition for every boon copied.Elite- Assault!: Allies affected by this shout cannot have their boons stripped or corrupted. Boons already on them last 50% more. Duration: 5 secs.Flip-over: Lose all damaging conditions.CD: 30secs.

All 1, boonshare.All 2, healing.all 3, tank.

There's two things I'd like to see.

The First one is probably Bard. For Pathfinder, and DnD 3.5 and below... bard has always been a rogue like class with support functionality. And Thief is in desperate need of tools to actually support his allies. So rather than replacing his steal mechanic, we take away the thief's weapon swap and give him additional utilities that are weaponized instruments in similar effect to engineer.

The thief would get a combination of songs and effects based on what he had traited for and the instrument he's holding.While the instrument is out, the thief can do certain combos to pull out effects. Buttons 1-4 is treated as a simple attack while producing note.

You line notes up into a song. And songs into compositions.

Example... on a drum 4121 creates an AOE knock back.11 is always a self buff.And 2131 would be something like mass might or alacrity.

When lining up songs into a composition, the thief can use the trailing note of the previous song as the first note of the next.So We take the previous two mentioned, and it'd look like. 21311

The new weapon the thief will get would be the hunting horn.

The second one is an arcane trickster.

I will just coment on these two sentences since they smacked my eyes the most.

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497And Thief is in desperate need of tools to actually support his allies.

Thief is not in desperaye need of tools that would help him to support allies. Thief always was, it is, and will be primary DPS class. Like everywhere else. Small health, big burst like dps. Besides it would not fit thief. Have you ever seen a burglar robbing a house with a flute?

Thief has nothing to do with magic. Stop this nonsense already. Thx.

@Jack Redline.5379 said:I will just coment on these two sentences since they smacked my eyes the most.

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497And Thief is in desperate need of tools to actually support his allies.

Thief is not in desperaye need of tools that would help him to support allies. Thief always was, it is, and will be primary DPS class. Like everywhere else. Small health, big burst like dps. Besides it would not fit thief. Have you ever seen a burglar robbing a house with a flute?

Ooooook?

You realize that Deadeye uses magic.... They specifically called it shadow magic, anf if you look at thr tool tips for their utilities, they are called cantrips.

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:

@Jack Redline.5379 said:I will just coment on these two sentences since they smacked my eyes the most.

Ooooook?

You realize that Deadeye uses magic.... They specifically called it shadow magic, anf if you look at thr tool tips for their utilities, they are called cantrips.

Besides. The point of elite specs is to provide different play styles. Deadeye did that well. Daredevil not so much.

why are you replying to yourself?

@derd.6413 said:

Ooooook?

Besides. The point of elite specs is to provide different play styles. Deadeye did that well. Daredevil not so much.

why are you replying to yourself?

It was a glitch on my phone.