Why are there so few condi amulets but so many power combos

TallBarr.2184

@Aktium.9506 said:

@"Stallic.2397" said:Too bad there isn't aPowerCondition DamageVitalityToughnessThe closest option is sage which replaces toughness for healing power, but just not good enough. No wonder all the Weavers are healing bunkers.

Yes! That would be perfect for scepter weaver.

Dev's please bring that back to sPvP

@Stallic.2397 said:

@Stallic.2397 said:Too bad there isn't aPowerCondition DamageVitalityToughnessThe closest option is sage which replaces toughness for healing power, but just not good enough. No wonder all the Weavers are healing bunkers.

They took it away for a reason. It was way too strong.

@Spartacus.3192 said:

@Stallic.2397 said:Too bad there isn't aPowerCondition DamageVitalityToughnessThe closest option is sage which replaces toughness for healing power, but just not good enough. No wonder all the Weavers are healing bunkers.

They took it away for a reason. It was way too strong.

I wonder if it still would be though. The meta around HoT launch and Merc Ammie had a lot less burst than we have now.

This entire thread with a few exceptions like Trevor Boyer.6524 post and a few others makes me sick.You got to be kidding about wanting trailblazers in pvp. The people who want trailblazer stats are people that cant play the game so they need the crutch of overpowered broken stats combination to make up for there lack of Dodge and counter skill abilities. Ill admit right now things are very bursty and diffacult to deal with but adding trailblazers or any other tankyish stat combination is not the answer. What needs to happen is skills nerfing accross the board.

Also i dont see how Mercenary's Amulet will help scepter weaver when scepter is a power weapon mostly to my understanding anyway.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:This entire thread with a few exceptions like Trevor Boyer.6524 post and a few others makes me sick.You got to be kidding about wanting trailblazers in pvp. The people who want trailblazer stats are people that cant play the game so they need the crutch of overpowered broken stats combination to make up for there lack of Dodge and counter skill abilities. Ill admit right now things are very bursty and diffacult to deal with but adding trailblazers or any other tankyish stat combination is not the answer. What needs to happen is skills nerfing accross the board.

Also i dont see how Mercenary's Amulet will help scepter weaver when scepter is a power weapon mostly to my understanding anyway.

Fire is both power and condi (burning) and Earth has bleeding, so running condi or hybrid on scepter isn't too bad with the extra toughness and vit. I used to run a hybrid scepter build that worked pretty well.

@Kako.1930 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:This entire thread with a few exceptions like Trevor Boyer.6524 post and a few others makes me sick.You got to be kidding about wanting trailblazers in pvp. The people who want trailblazer stats are people that cant play the game so they need the crutch of overpowered broken stats combination to make up for there lack of Dodge and counter skill abilities. Ill admit right now things are very bursty and diffacult to deal with but adding trailblazers or any other tankyish stat combination is not the answer. What needs to happen is skills nerfing accross the board.

Fire is both power and condi (burning) and Earth has bleeding, so running condi or hybrid on scepter isn't too bad with the extra toughness and vit. I used to run a hybrid scepter build that worked pretty well.

^ Weaver works pretty well when you're using Condi's from Fire and Earth Attunement. Scepter can be power based off fresh air build, but it's not the only build available.

Duel attacks on Fire/Earth has a much lower cooldown compared to any Air duel skills, and it hits hard. Rather than relying on fresh air (power), swapping through Earth and Fire for condi's is easier- therefore, merc stats.

@Stallic.2397 said:

^ Weaver works pretty well when you're using Condi's from Fire and Earth Attunement. Scepter can be power based off fresh air build, but it's not the only build available.

Duel attacks on Fire/Earth has a much lower cooldown compared to any Air duel skills, and it hits hard. Rather than relying on fresh air (power), swapping through Earth and Fire for condi's is easier- therefore, merc stats.

Mm i have never tried condi scepter weaver. All the skills dont seem to be able to put out enough pressure when compaired to the amount of clearing/resistance (firebrand support) that is around now. Im a check it out tonight but when u got scourge that can do all the condis or a mesmer that can keep 10-20 stacks of confusion and tourment it doesnt seem viable in plat1+ at all.

And this is a skillset problem not an ammulet problem.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Mm i have never tried condi scepter weaver. All the skills dont seem to be able to put out enough pressure when compaired to the amount of clearing/resistance (firebrand support) that is around now. Im a check it out tonight but when u got scourge that can do all the condis or a mesmer that can keep 10-20 stacks of confusion and tourment it doesnt seem viable in plat1+ at all.

And this is a skillset problem not an ammulet problem.

I didn't have a problem with pressure/dps. Used Sage amulet and traited in Fire since it has the new condi clears, plus the might build up when attuned to fire.

The problem was like any ele scepter build: defense. If you find a build that survives pressure, lmk.

plebs are bad vs condi damage cus they can't get condi removal and they cry super loud in the forum so arena net is afraid of buffing condi (cause its too weak currently) or adding more options for condi cause all the bad players will cry even harder if you do that instead of actually putting a condi removal in their build

condi is much weaker than power in PVP currently and that's for many reasons, lack of options being one

if anything i think its time they start adding amulets with 1 big stat and 4 small oneslike1050 condition damage560 power560 precision560 vitality560 toughness / healing power / concentration/expertise/ whatever

swap any of those stats around

will bring diversity and so many potential new builds and hybrids

can also go like1050 power560 precision560 vitality560 toughness560 concentration/ferocity/whatever

altho then some traits would have to be looked up, like guard's radiance trait line (which already needs a nerf but for some reason isnt getting it cus apparently 50% crit rate and might procs and ferocity for having an already op buff up is "okay")

The list for power is larger because most stat combinations that have power as one of the main stats go in the Power category, even if the accompanying stats work better with a different stat, Viper being one of the few exceptions.

Mender, harrier, sage and wizard are clearly not power amulets. But they are still categorized as Power.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@TallBarr.2184 said:Give us some more options

I thought there were plenty Condi amulet stats combination since all you need to deal Condi dmg is the Condi dmg stat...

there are no amulets with concentration for example

I thought you wanted Condi dmg, not Boons.

Might is a boon. It gives condition damage. More concentration means longer might. Longer might means longer bonus condition damage.

So a stat combination that was Condition Damage, Healing, expertise, concentration could still work with a condition damage build.

@TallBarr.2184 said:

I thought there were plenty Condi amulet stats combination since all you need to deal Condi dmg is the Condi dmg stat...

there are no condi amulets with concentration but amulets with power and concentration

Seraph and Plague Doctor both have Condi damage major and Concentration minor stats.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

there are no condi amulets with concentration but amulets with power and concentration

Seraph and Plague Doctor both have Condi damage major and Concentration minor stats.

We are talking PvP here though.

@Alatar.7364 said:

We are talking PvP here though.

Indeed, didn't realize these hadn't been added to the pvp choices, with pvp being junk and the balance appalling i haven't touched that dredge in almost a year, but yeah, carry on, i stand corrected.

Archived