mastery points in Crystal Desert expansion

RustyShadow.1720

went thru Heart of Thorns - no problem getting mastery points.went thru Living Worlds - no problem getting mastery points.Path of FIre. cant get anywhere. quests are waste of time. killing legendaries - waste of time. group quests - waste of time. dont earn any mastery points from anything as far as I can tell. went to a popular website and in the Crystal Oasis there are 6 masteries. you need a skimmer for one and springer high jump for two others. I have a springer - I need high jump to get masteries. cant advance story - need springer high jump mastery.

so after 3 days, I have a raptor with canyon jump and a basic springer and I am stuck in the story at The Sacrifice.I cant advance the story without springer high jump mastery and I cant get mastery points becauseI dont have springer high jump mastery. is everyone buying points from a vendor somewhere?

Why do you only talk about Crystal Oasis Mastery points? There are plenti easy accessible in: Desert Highlands, Elon Riverlands, The Desolation and Vabby, and many of those require nothing aside of the basic mount. If limit that by the Sacrifice Story step, you still have Desert Highland Mastery points.

Still, why do you need high jump in the sacrifice story part? It is not needed until much later.

It's the same principle as HoT locking the story behind gliding/bouncy mushrooms/etc. You may not NEED that skill in the story instance itself, but the game content was designed for you to progress your masteries to that point. Like other people have posted, there's nothing saying that you HAVE to stay in Crystal Oasis. There's easy MPs to get in the other maps.

Just to point out, legendary bounties are needed for a few things, such as currency it gives to buy stuff from the npc in the tomb of primeval kings after unlocking them via achievement and corrupted facet is needed for a mount collection, so not a total waste of time. I never had any issues with mastery points in PoF, between grabbing the few available at the beginning, and getting them via story quests by trying to do as many of the achievements as possible the first time through.

In my experience the mastery points are just handed out like candy. There are more than enough mastery insights in the maps to get your masteries. Check your achievements as other people have said.

I still have plenty of insights to get in the last 2 maps and have maxed my masteries out already. It really isn't as hard as everyone is making it out to be. It only requires some exploration and gameplay. Explore the new maps, you don't have to stay in the starting one.

Yeah I've already given up on Mastery Points in PoF. There is a fine line between Challenging and flat out mind numbing Frustration (See Sous Chef Mastery Point). Good news is one and only one toon on your account can get a Mastery Point for doing story until you get to The Sacrifice that is bugged. Other toons can't earn a Mastery Point for the same story or is that another bug? Anyways Mastery Points are for mount abilities... so get your Raptor and reach level 2 in Mastery then go back to HoT and Classic GW2 and enjoy the game.

If you get out and explore you shouldn't have any problem. Check the achievements panel and see what can be done easily. Between those and story points I was able to get Raptor to lvl 4 and Springer to lvl 3 and I just got to the Elon Riverlands portion of the MSQ.

Remember that PoF plays more like a Zelda game, you need to get off the beaten path and do a bit of exploring if you want all the shinnies. Some things are meant for you to come back to at a later point.

@Evolseed.9104 said:Other toons can't earn a Mastery Point for the same story or is that another bug? Anyways Mastery Points are for mount abilities... so get your Raptor and reach level 2 in Mastery then go back to HoT and Classic GW2 and enjoy the game.

Mastery Points are account wide, so another character cannot unlock the (same) Mastery Point again.It is recommended to lvl each Mount mastery track to lvl 3 before leveling them to lvl 4

Archived