Enhanced Capacity Storage Unit

Vagrant.7206

It only applies to... what, swords 1-3 and the condition-cleansing trait, right? I'd be happy if they took away the might gain and just tacked on something meaningful to other skills. Prime Light Beam recharging faster, Disk lasting twice as long, etc. As-is, really only taking it because it lets you lose 100 heat without waiting for 15% damage gain after 50 heat (and it makes the sword abilities only awful, and not utterly terrible like when using Photonic Blasting Module).

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:It is my understanding that Enhanced Capacity Storage isn't meant to be an obtuse buff to exceed skills, but to enable more use out of photon forge.

Right, but why even put in "Some skills and traits gain additional heat tiers." when it's clear it only applies to 4 skills at all? Feels like a wonky restriction to me.

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:It is my understanding that Enhanced Capacity Storage isn't meant to be an obtuse buff to exceed skills, but to enable more use out of photon forge.

dodge roll trait increases forge uptime by increasing heat dissipation

ecsu slides forge up a notch to "always over 50 heat" if you dont change the habit of generating 75-99 heat, or decreases the frequency of swapping in and out of forge without changing overall uptime if you let heat fully dissipate

pbm changes your goals

@Rhomulos.2089 said:Tbh it should give passives like 5 stacks of heat therapy, and 5% direct damage buff to everyone around as long as 100+ heat is maintained.

Self sustain and party dmage buffs for good forge rotations would and should be the most iconic trait we have for PvE at least.

Good call. Remove the might and give a unique buff like Grace of the Land.

@Rhomulos.2089 said:Tbh it should give passives like 5 stacks of heat therapy, and 5% direct damage buff to everyone around as long as 100+ heat is maintained.

Self sustain and party dmage buffs for good forge rotations would and should be the most iconic trait we have for PvE at least.

I have been meaning to create a new thread about this all day.

I think the class can be kept exactly as is if heat therapy and laser's edge were made AoE. Maybe at half effectiveness?

Unlike scrapper, this is actually an easy class to fix in PvE.

@lorddarkflare.9186 said:

I have been meaning to create a new thread about this all day.

I think the class can be kept exactly as is if heat therapy and laser's edge were made AoE. Maybe at half effectiveness?

Unlike scrapper, this is actually an easy class to fix in PvE.

Agreed, we definitely need some foot in the door with dps support. That's sort of all that matters right now in the meta, and why druid is so good. If its a higher risk full dps version of GotL it'd be a lot of fun.

Ideally I'd rather us put out like 38k-ish dps realistically but no group support and very high risk/difficult.. But that won't happen. We should at least increase party DPS as power (for once)

Archived