Is gw2 launchbuddy an approved third party software

toucan.6358

Its a program that lets u launch more then 1 client of the game if u have more than 1 account. Its been used and promoted by community persona Wooden Potatoes and used by alot of players. Have you encountered problems using gw2 launchbuddy. Also what third party softwares are approved by arena net.

I use it. As far as I understand it does not directly interact with the game code just the way you log into the game. It will be a problem if you chain your commands with multi boxing. Multi boxing itself is ok from anets perspective and they used to have a stickied post about it, may still have one have not checked.

ArenaNet does not approve any 3rd party software for use with the game.

There have been a few that they did mention that at the time they looked at it (i.e. not including any patches since), it wouldn't directly get you banned for using it.

As far as running two instances of the game, as long as if you push a key and it only issues a command to ONE instance, you are ok. If you push forward and both accounts move as a result, you are in bannable territory.

@mtpelion.4562 said:ArenaNet does not approve any 3rd party software for use with the game.

There have been a few that they did mention that at the time they looked at it (i.e. not including any patches since), it wouldn't directly get you banned for using it.

As far as running two instances of the game, as long as if you push a key and it only issues a command to ONE instance, you are ok. If you push forward and both accounts move as a result, you are in bannable territory.

Yes of course. The problem is i dont use any macros at all and i control my accounts using ingame key binded autorun and then point my character to whichever position im goin. Do you think playtime would trigger something on their side. Like if u played alot and used the same class/skills on the accounts.

You should be careful though, as using this program can put you under suspicion of wintrading if you PvP. However, it shouldn't cause any harm other than the usual "too many logins on same ip" issue, but it's essentially the same if your household has 2 or more computers.

Since it doesn't directly break the ToS, you should be fine using it with good intent, but since it can be used to get an advantage I would advice you to be careful.

In case others may have concerns about Launch Buddy:

Dornsinger36 points ·7 hours ago

Launch Buddy does not cause bans.

What causes suspensions is running automated accounts and not reacting when a Game Master joins you in game to investigate the situation; such as farming in the Mad King's labyrinth. If a user does choose to use more than one client, they need to be fully in control of each of them. This includes being responsive and being aware of the surroundings. If the team investigate you, and they find you to not react when we try to catch your attention, then we consider it automation and action an account accordingly.

When the team investigates someone, and we have pages of previous actions, it does count against the account when we find action is needed. It will increase the suspension time of an account, absolutely.

The team member who actioned you tried to interact with all of your accounts. They tried to catch your attention afterward observing you. Without any reaction, your account was suspended.

You will be welcome to return to the game after the suspension has run out; provided that you indeed are fully in control of your game account and able to interact with the game world.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/9rje2l/just_got_banned_for_2160_hours_for_using_gw2/

Archived