My impressions so far.

Khyras.8021

@Shadow Order.7258 said:

@Rizigmar.2681 said:I'd say get friends, this game isn't for solo loner players. If the matchmaker tosses soloers against full premades, they deserve to lose and get farmed against superior opponents. All is right in the world. :EleGiggle:

This attitude is what got rid of most solo que players leading to our pop problems.

Those people just didn't have what it takes (or friends for that matter) to get where they thought they belong and RQ. Match quality at the top divisions has skyrocketed since DuoQ reintroduction as said by our wonderful forum goers here. I see no issue.

Here let me teach you the evolution of pvp in all games mmorpg I've played including GW2.

PVP introduced. Solos and premades forced together.Solos leave because a pug should never be put into a premade game.Population is in shambles. Devs decide to remove premades as it caused the pug exodus. Premades cry "but me friends!" and "you know what MMO means???"Most former premade players get stomped when by themselves. Premades begin synch queing (not possible in all games).Devs remove synch queing. Premades quit because can't handle pick up games. (can't be carried by discord etc.)No more population.Devs add pve rewards. More players come back for rewards. Yay pugs

Now GW2 made the mistake that all make in the beginning by not separating pugs and premades. We'll forgive them for that. But they do something different. The reintroduce duos. Now all those pugs who started playing later are leaving. But hey you get "quality" matches. Good for you.

In all honesty they should make a solo que and a premade 2, 3, or 5 man que for ranked. Us pugs will be happy and you premades can sit in 20 minute queues waiting to play against other premades. The good premades that can handle group content will thrive and the majority who just wanted an edge over pugs can split.It'll be a win/win for quality matches for everyone. YAY!

Unfortunately they can't. Not enough players so we get dead pvp

A very generalized, but oddly correct representation of the PvP history in GW2.Give this man/lady a cookie.

Archived