-nopatchui & -autologin does not work

So I'm using LaunchBuddy and now since the most recent patch, none of my accounts will actually login.

I can use the regular GW2 Client and login just fine, but that's a pain to type in each email and password to login. On top of that if I just add -autologin with email and password with -nopatchui then it stops working again.

@Vegeta.2563 said:Tried with several different accounts. None are logging in, but they do without using those parameters.

Anyone else get this?

They work fine for me (at least did yesterday)~~Remember that it can take a while if there's a patch to download, but as the ui isn't active you get no indication anything is happening. ~~

Realising that this of course was regarding after the latest patch (I'm sometimes not terribly sharp) I tested and it seems to stall for me too!

I though -autologin is rather to avoid to fill the info into the patchui, i mean right? but you have to use -email and -passwordOtherwise it mean its not just -nopatchui but instead -email and -password not working? im not sure now it sound confusing, but either way its still quite a huge issue

@arukAdo.2047 said:I though -autologin is rather to avoid to fill the info into the patchui, i mean right? but you have to use -email and -passwordOtherwise it mean its not just -nopatchui but instead -email and -password not working? im not sure now it sound confusing, but either way its still quite a huge issue

I am using those as well, since -autologin requires them. Thought that was obvious?

I imagine you say that because, basicly, you want to start multiple client from the same desktop/user, if what matters to you is to "prefill" the fields from the patchui, you might as well try to use "runas" windows command, it might sound a bit heavy but essentially it mean you create a bunch of local windows accounts, each of them has a unique registry, and in return it mean they will all have their own information "prefill" into the fields of the patchui, the drawback might be that you actually use the same game options for every clients, so you will need to set their options as well the first time, its not longer "shared" but each account get its unique registry entries (that include the patchui info and ingame settings)

@"arukAdo.2047" said:I imagine you say that because, basicly, you want to start multiple client from the same desktop/user, if what matters to you is to "prefill" the fields from the patchui, you might as well try to use "runas" windows command, it might sound a bit heavy but essentially it mean you create a bunch of local windows accounts, each of them has a unique registry, and in return it mean they will all have their own information "prefill" into the fields of the patchui, the drawback might be that you actually use the same game options for every clients, so you will need to set their options as well the first time, its not longer "shared" but each account get its unique registry entries (that include the patchui info and ingame settings)Too complicated for me.I just want two shortcuts, to login into my two accouts without having to reenter my log-in informations (especially the passwords).But having to use -nopatchui also is kind of annoying.

@Khisanth.2948 said:which might be the problem since there is no button when using -nopatchui

-autologin is for automatically logging in on the launcher itself, which can be combined with the auto play check to automatically click play after a 5s delay.

-nopatchui is combined with -email and -password to bypass the launcher entirely and login straight to character select; -autologin isn't used

@"arukAdo.2047" said:I imagine you say that because, basicly, you want to start multiple client from the same desktop/user, if what matters to you is to "prefill" the fields from the patchui, you might as well try to use "runas" windows command, it might sound a bit heavy but essentially it mean you create a bunch of local windows accounts, each of them has a unique registry, and in return it mean they will all have their own information "prefill" into the fields of the patchui, the drawback might be that you actually use the same game options for every clients, so you will need to set their options as well the first time, its not longer "shared" but each account get its unique registry entries (that include the patchui info and ingame settings)

-shareArchive does the exact same thing without the headache

@Healix.5819 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:which might be the problem since there is no button when using -nopatchui

-autologin is for automatically logging in on the launcher itself, which can be combined with the auto play check to automatically click play after a 5s delay.

-nopatchui is combined with -email and -password to bypass the launcher entirely and login straight to character select; -autologin isn't used

Yep, and -nopatchui is the one that's bugged it seems.

erhm, -shareArchive let you run several clients at same time, runas will do so too but you cant use the same .dat wich result in redundant ram and hdd usage for essentially nothing, but in practice to run several client anyway you have to use both runas and -shareArchive, because well, your not gonna like move the windows position on each startup, or set the graphics options, or any stuff like this, you would end up spending 30mins (exagerating a lot) to set all clients right before you actually playlastly but more importantly, in my experience, you dont want to have the same exact setting on every client even if you have the latest and biggest intel cpu, simply because you watch one more than the others, so the main client have max graphic settings but the others dont, and without runas its just not possible to have different settings running along.maybe jsong config file can achieve the same thing anyway, havent had the chance to wrestle with them yet

@arukAdo.2047 said:erhm, -shareArchive let you run several clients at same time, runas will do so too but you cant use the same .dat wich result in redundant ram and hdd usage for essentially nothing, but in practice to run several client anyway you have to use both runas and -shareArchive, because well, your not gonna like move the windows position on each startup, or set the graphics options, or any stuff like this, you would end up spending 30mins (exagerating a lot) to set all clients right before you actually playlastly but more importantly, in my experience, you dont want to have the same exact setting on every client even if you have the latest and biggest intel cpu, simply because you watch one more than the others, so the main client have max graphic settings but the others dont, and without runas its just not possible to have different settings running along.maybe jsong config file can achieve the same thing anyway, havent had the chance to wrestle with them yet

Alongside of -shareArchive you can use something like Process Explorer to kill the mutex to load more clients. They all use the same settings including gfx, controls, etc. I don't have to set any of that each time I play.

Archived