Need Solo PvE Scourge Help

Ouija.1684

I'm just a casual, part-time player. I pretty much stick to solo PvE content. Having only played power reaper -- not condi -- I have no idea how to approach scourge. Now that I have the required 250 hero points to do so, what I really need help with is:

Build suggestion with specific trait linesGear & runesWeapons & sigilsBest skills for solo PvE survivability

Thanks in advance for any and all information. It's much appreciated.

I've been running with this for open world stuff:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNArfWnE9Cl2gl9CW9Cs9ilgBT/u2XDsUXhtwvKaAEAKXA-jxRUABC+EAiW5HA7PcuSwAPFABr+Ts6DAA-e

Curses, Soul Reaping, and Scourge. Weapons are scepter / torch and staff. Stats are Viper pretty much across the board, with Runes of the Necromancer as the runes and Malice and Bursting as the sigils (although there may be better - or cheaper - options).

With Curses, I went with Terrifying Descent and Terror. Drop a Sand Shade on your enemy, use the F4 skill, and watch as they get torment, burning, and damage from the Fear. Follow it up with a Feast of Corruption from your scepter to get back most of that life force to boot. I also took Parasitic Contagion because that health regen is pretty nice, although Lingering Curse is hard to go wrong with either. (Despite what the tooltip suggests, Weakening Shroud does not add bleeding to your Sand Shade.)

Soul Reaping is pretty straightforward: Soul Marks so your staff gives better life force gain, Vital Persistence for faster Shroud skill recharge, and Dhuumfire so they add burning.

In Scourge, Fell Beacon and Sadistic Searing are pretty straightforward. The real question in the build is whether you want Sand Savant or Demonic Lore, which is kinda the ongoing Scourge debate at the moment. Demonic Lore looks better on paper, but our default Sand Shades are so damn small that Sand Savant can be more practical in actual use. On the other hand, Demonic Lore works better with that Fear trick I mentioned above. So, y'know, try them both out and see which one you like best.

Skill-wise, I went with Sand Flare as the heal for the low cooldown, the barrier, the added conditions, and the Sadistic Searing trait. For the 7-0 skills, I went with Signet of Undeath (for Life Force generation); Serpent Siphon for the AoE and the barrier; Dessicate for the Life Force regen; and Ghastly Breach because it's a decent AoE skill with a shorter cooldown than Plaguelands.

Hope this is enough to get you started!

As already suggested in your other post, here is what I ran for PoF:

Build:Curses: 2, 2, 1Spite: 1, 1, 2 (in which case you main Wand/Torch) or Soul Reaping: 2, 2, 3 (in which case you main Staff)Scourge: 2, 2, 2

Gear:

• full Viper's armor set with Superior Runes of the Berserker (although you might want to go with Superior Runes of the Scourge instead, I still had the Berserker ones left over from my previous non-Reaper build, so I can't really say whether other Runes might be more efficient for this build)
  • full Viper's weapon set: (1) Wand (Superior Sigil of Geomancy) + Torch (Superior Sigil of Force), (2) Staff (Superior Sigil of Malice, Superior Sigil of Force)

Skills:6: Sand Flair7: Dessicate8: Serpent Siphon9: Trail of Anguish10: Ghastly Breach

Viper's gear and weapons are out of my reach at the moment, so what would you suggest instead? Also, what kind of non-ascended trinkets should I get? My current trinkets have berserker stats. Do you think they and my berserker spear and trident with force and air sigils are still usable?

Carrion, Rabid, Shaman's or a mix will give enough sustain and condition damage for solo roaming in the Crystal Desert and should be inexpensive. You will not need ascended gear. Vitality and healing are the main stat's to invest in for sustain. Check out other posts in the Necro sub-forum for builds.Curses, Soul Reaping, and Scourge are your trait lines. Run scepter/dagger and scepter/torch. Use off-hand dagger to transfer conditions, otherwise, focus on condition bursts with your shades.

@Vitali.5039 said:

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:It's worth noting that Blood Magic is a strong traitline for Scourge as well. If Curses/Soul Reaping isn't cutting it for you, try swapping one for Blood Magic.

^thisBlood Magic line is a must for PvE power Scourges

I keep hearing power scourge but no one seems to be able to get back to me. are you running one?

@Davi.4920 said:

@Vitali.5039 said:

@"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:It's worth noting that Blood Magic is a strong traitline for Scourge as well. If Curses/Soul Reaping isn't cutting it for you, try swapping one for Blood Magic.

^thisBlood Magic line is a must for PvE power Scourges

I keep hearing power scourge but no one seems to be able to get back to me. are you running one?

Actually no, but I've tried to run it for Champion soloing and was like this

Archived