(SPOILER) Hypothetical Line-Ups for the Kralk Fight

Musaroxy.2874

So, that Aurene vision scene in the last episode was heavy, huh? Despite the grim situation, that brought us a lot of theoretical line-ups for how we'd fight Kralkatorrik, from facing him with only Dragon's Watch, to bringing in the Pact. I thought it'd be fun if we could see what hypothetical Dragon-Fighting teams would be most popular, and what everyone else could come up with. (EDIT) I forgot to include an option of "These two or more choices together (Comment Below)" so if you would've picked that one, just go with Option 7 and comment the actual thing.

I mean, I'm in favour of calling in as many people as possible to take Kralk down, seeing as he seems to be the physically largest dragon (at least so far). If I could have my ideal lineup, it'd be something like bringing down Smodur, Jennah, the entire Arcane Eye, Knut Whitebear, and somehow even the Pale Tree with as many troops as each city can spare.

As I know that will never actually happen, I suppose #1 would be the closest to a realistic lineup.

notice that between alternatives of aurenes visions it's always aurene+X people like it is now->everyone dies, with only difference being headcount of "allies" aurene would get.

if I'd be looking for foreshadowing in ls4 the mathod of kralks doom - DERVs - golems that are effective at figthing branded, while powered by branded crystals.

so I'd say the most logical course of action for me from here on would be - yes bring back the pact to the table, but get it onto expanding tech of DERVs - you may be able to bring them "up close and personal" to a shatterer but that does nto seem really an option against kralk. what we need is long range version of same tech distributed over large number of very mobile vehicles that would enter the mists i huge invasion and gun down the dragon - once it's dead aurene can swoop in to absorb released energy.

Now that we've got the Mists to play with? I wouldn't mind seeing the gods moving to contain Kralk, but the scenario I'd be most excited for would be taking this opportunity to have the Forgotten return in a big way. We're missing a lot of information about 'Glint's Legacy' and the last dragonrise still, and that'd be good to have before we ask/make Aurene play the part ordained for her.

(Bonus points if the final confrontation occurs in the Rift and the Hall of Heroes. Beyond making for a great set-piece, the center of the universe, the one place that touches all times and all places, would be the logical endgame for Kralkatorrik.)

While I do think Logan and Zojja will (or at least should damn you) return and reunite with Eir and Snaff in the Mists for a "one last hurrah for Destiny's Edge/payback for their past failure", the visions from Episode 4 pretty much outright tells us that any combination of all past tools used against Elder Dragons - which would include the Pact and Destiny's Edge even with Dragon's Watch - will not succeed.

The solution will be in a brand new mcguffin we'll be learning about in episode 5.

The conclusion of Destiny's Edge is the bare minimum needed to get Kralkatorrik. We likely need more allies to distract the elder Dragon, so take this with a grain of (other), namely elonian forces, ghosts, whatever we can get our hands on, really, as the commander is pressed for both time and allies.Alternatively we could ride Aurene into battle and solo Kralk by landing on his Forehead.

I feel like it'll be a combination of Destiny's Edge, Pact, Dragon's Watch, Sun's Refuge crew, and maybe some of the new S4 allies. I think we'll either just kill Kralk and Aurene absorbs his power or, as others mentioned, use some Mcguffin device to transfer his power to Aurene. I also feel like something will go wrong during the power transfer and either some of his magic will be lost and cause the next threat to rise (either from the Mists or another elder dragon(s)), or Aurene turns against us with her new power, leading into Season 5.

Kralkatorrik will be killed in Season Four. We'll deal with the aftermaths after the battle in Season 5- new minor villain appears. The 2nd part of Season 5 will be leading to our next major villain- one of the Elder Dragons.

We'll most likely see Episode 5 and 6 yet.

Episode 5- we will listen to Caithe, she will want us to see the Pale Tree that will share her wisdom and as usual give us hope- a Light in the Darkness. She will help us to find Aurene, she will make us feel what Aurene feels right now to better understand Aurene and her struggles inside her. Maybe even we will hear Aurene's voice in her mind.Rytlock will tell us the news about the state of the Mists- I think the news will lead to the evacuation from the Mists, because Kralkatorrik won't be stopped- his hunger won't be abated and he will devour most of the Mists. We will reach to Aurene in the end and with understanding fully Aurene's problems and her pain, we will move to kill Kralkatorrik. We will say something like: No matter what the vision showed us, we will fight. But at the same moment we'll get a message- the Gods are coming back.

Episode 6- Kralkatorrik is creating a havoc all over Tyria, the Mists and is approaching the next world. The Gods realized they cannot ignore this, because if Kralkatorrik won't be stopped, he will devour the other worlds too- also the one that the Gods are preparing- this new Garden. So they will save not only the future of Tyria, but also the Universe. The Forgotten will return from the shadows, sharing their wisdom about the Elder Dragon Kralkatorrik, and tell what mistake they made during their attempt to "convert" Kralkatorrik so we won't commit it again.

After an super epic dimensional battle, we will defeat Kralkatorrik, Aurene becomes the Elder Dragon, the Gods leave again, and Aurene will restore the Mists- giving away what Kralkatorrik consumed. The Ghosts will return to their rightful place, except...

One of the ghosts will use this mess for her/his advantage- will this be somebody Ancient like Shiro? Or somebody that we know from Guild Wars 2? I don't know, but I'd not be surprised if the devs would go this way when we see that the Mists are in total mess, so there need to be somebody that will just use this moment to create the problems 2.0. (but it will be a problem for Season 5).

(Gently waving at Scarlet :D )

@Arden.7480 said:

@Dante.1763 said:Im gonna super sad if they go that route @Arden.7480

Why? :O

I was actually really happy that the gods left to create a new home for the human species because it showed they cared enough to want to have a home for their worshipers that was free of the things that could destroy them, having them come back would ruin feeling i think, on top of that im really tired of villians from the first game coming back, i want new villians.

Does only WoW treat their villains in the best possible way? :D I mean even their minor villain are treated with respect, and noone of them was eaten by somebody.

I was joking about Scarlet, though- it would feel very weird if she would return, but Shiro? I'd totally love that! +a reference from Cantha. If they EVEN go such a route I would love somebody powerful to return.

About the Gods- after this pitiful Pof reference about them you just want them to disappear out of the picture? I mean... Fighting alongside the Gods in the biggest battle of the whole Guild Wars that involve even other world (as we found out in A Star to Guide Us), and the Gods won't appear? That would be the most wasted potential in the history. So I am just praying for the Gods to return even for a brief time. Imagine Kasmeer having the eternal hiccups. That'd be phenomenal!

Making this battle look so dry that we just fight with our old allies, what we were doing since forever would be bad, pitifully bad. Also the vision silently foreshadowed that we and our team+the Pact will never win this fight, we need much more than that- we need the Gods more than ever.

The Gods created this problem concerning the Elder Dragons not saying that we cannot defeat the Dragons as we like, so now they need to help us reverse everything what They, Glint and We have done.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@Dante.1763 said:on top of that im really tired of villians from the first game coming back, i want new villians.

Well congrats, they're all dead and they died pitifully and in ways that was far beneath their worth at that.

I guess thats true, depends on what you thought they were worth to begin with, only one i wasnt very happy with was Lazarus.

@Dante.1763 said:

@Dante.1763 said:on top of that im really tired of villians from the first game coming back, i want new villians.

Well congrats, they're all dead and they died pitifully and in ways that was far beneath their worth at that.

I guess thats true, depends on what you thought they were worth to begin with, only one i wasnt very happy with was Lazarus.

TBH, Menzies got the shortest stick. He apparently kicked the bucket off-screen, despite being a major villain in GW1 that never got revealed. But Dhuum also had a rather pathetic display. Joko was... okay, but IMO he deserved more. And Balthazar just shouldn't have been a villain at all (S3 and PoF would have made much more sense if it was Menzies we were fighting).

I've made this prediction/theory in other posts but this is what I think might happen and hope happens.So stop reading if you don't want to know or be spoiled if I happen to be right about a few things.

Living world 4We recover our forces and prepare to fight Kralkatorrik.Dragons Watch and our Elonian allies will be the bulk of our forces and we may recive some support from the Pact, but Aurine will refuse to fight.We decide to challenge Kralkatorrik anyway resulting in a massive defeat, Aurine will either flee to avoid the same fate as her mother causing this defeat or she will swoop in at the last second giving us the chance to cut our losses and escape.Broken and beaten we are left to consider our options.. regroup and launch another attack on the dragon which will likely end the same way or worse, or do the only thing we can accept that right now we are powerless to deal with Kralkatorrik and Aurine simply isn't ready or able to take him down.Given no choice our only option is to protect Aurine until she is old enough and powerful enough to stand against Kralkatorrik, until then we need to get her as far away from him as physically possible thus we decide to leave Tyria to the devastation of Kralkatorrik and escape across the ocean into Cantha.

I have theories on what would then happen in Living world 5 and the next expansion but they are mostly based on my own love for that region, it's lore and how much potential there is for epic moments.In short the main story will be based around protecting and powering up Aurine and attempting to help Cantha deal with it's own problems, namely the sea dragon.Cantha will slowely open up with new maps during living world 5 as the story progresses and then the next expansion will potentially deliver a huge content dump adding several new maps and finishing up the story where we trap and defeat the Sea Dragon in the Jade Sea giving Aurine her final powerup and helping Kuunavang (and maybe Albax too) ascend and become new Elder Dragons.

Living World 6 will then see us return to Tyria to find Kralkatorrik has caused utter devastation in his search for Aurine and the people of Tyria are not happy to see us, blaming us for all the destruction and death that we abandoned them to and calling for us to answer for it.Eventually we'll regain the trust of our allies and finally start organizing our final war on Kralkatorrik.

Expansion 4.. Our Tyrian, Elonian and Canthan allies combine and with Aurine finally ready to overthrow Kralkatorrik and having the support of 2 Elder sea dragons we finally overpower and kill Kralkatorrik, Aurine finally ascends and replaces him and the last two Dragons rise once more.

That's my predictions for what I hope and want content wise for the next few expansions and living world.

Archived