Phantasmal Swordsman

Lincolnbeard.1735

To catch EineD attention you should had written : Phantasmal swordsman is op! And describe problem as : Its walk 1 year to his enemies , doing very slow telegraphed leap and blurred frenzy that can be easly interrupted and cleaved thus old phantasm that actually did same (if not more) damage with single leap could be returned to make it less op! /s

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Hot Boy.7138 said:I always use sword offhand, I prefer the current animation. It's great because it will remove aegis and still do damage.

Your opponents prefer the current animation too. Why waste a dodge when you can simply walk two steps and avoid all damage?!

It's fair. It hits very hard, they should have a chance to avoid the damage. You have to set up for it. iswordsman as it is now is a good example for how hard hitting skills should be. They should offer counter play and not act as a heat seeking missile.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:

@Hot Boy.7138 said:I always use sword offhand, I prefer the current animation. It's great because it will remove aegis and still do damage.

Your opponents prefer the current animation too. Why waste a dodge when you can simply walk two steps and avoid all damage?!

It's fair. It hits very hard, they should have a chance to avoid the damage. You have to set up for it. iswordsman as it is now is a good example for how hard hitting skills should be. They should offer counter play and not act as a heat seeking missile.

Old phantasm with berserk amulet/phantams traits and ~12 might quickly leap for like 10-12k and didnt self destruct on top . Now you have to cast this BS entire second,this sht spawn near you,walk towards enemy,doing a leap and only then slowly trying to do something . Very fair /sJust what we need, unreliable phantasms to do damage , but then ppl crying an oceans why everyone play condi builds .And you dont even need put any effort to evade it, walk ...away ... They even nerfed CD from 16 to 20 seconds on this phantasm IIRC .

@"viquing.8254" said:Change swordsman to sometthing like this : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ray_of_Judgment in effectiveness ?

I dont even know dude. Which [insert any insult] made this skill must be fired alongside with who reworked daggerstorm . I bet it was same person.Side note : sword offhand have riposte with actually too much damage and block->evade . Can be can-cough-cerous cough with scepter .

I have never changed dual swords out of my build. So I been through all its versions. This version is the best. It hits up to 3 targets and with a good immobilize, can get all 3 hit with it at the same time. I don't want to see it changed, but it would be nice if there was an option to choose which iswordsman you want, cause I understand why some people prefer the original. More options is good for everyone.

Original had much less functionality, I very much enjoy the extended hurt boxes, and still rewards set ups as it always has, and now it offers chip cleave dmg when whiffed.

I prefer this over the “all or nothing” version, especially since it doesn’t remain on the board anymore.

It’s subtle utility in how you pressure, but utilizing little things like that are important.

I’ll always use offhand sword. Regardless of OP or UP, I just like how it looks :b

Cast time is dumb long , spawned next to you , not next to enemy . I have feeling if phantasm had at least 0.5s immob if its leap lands ,then it would be a tiny bit better . Just block->evade risposte does too much damage and coupled with scepter/mirage/dodge utility can be very hard to kill . Thankfully not many play it

@tinyreborn.1938 said:Cast time is dumb long , spawned next to you , not next to enemy . I have feeling if phantasm had at least 0.5s immob if its leap lands ,then it would be a tiny bit better . Just block->evade risposte does too much damage and coupled with scepter/mirage/dodge utility can be very hard to kill . Thankfully not many play it

Phantasm spawning next to the opponent and the 0.5 immobilize would fix it, but I just asked for the lazy approach which is revert it.Or give some sort of cc to sword 4 and shorten the cast time of phantasm, like the synergy focus had with pull + spawning the phantasm on top of the opponent. B)

Archived