Dagger buff/rework ideas

DEATHsCLAW.1978

@RisenHowl.2419 said:-Drop the on bleed effects and self bleed

-have each AA grant LF

-Let dagger2 grant 1% LF per tick or allow it to heal around the necro 240 radius

-speed the animation up on 5, it takes so long to hit that it's impossible to land on a moving target reliably

Or at least put a blast finisher on it.

Any or all of those. No one has used dagger MH or OH seriously in years because it's slow and low damage that is easily kited

In wvw I use oh dagger for maximum group corrupts

to sum up:

dagger (main hand) is only usable on power builds, has less single target and cleave damage than its close range compeditor greatsword (if on Reaper) and is not bursty at all.

so it has no role in pvp or pve which is sad an should be changed..

@Anchoku.8142 said:MH dagger needs some sort of purpose. It has been losing importance. It should have dps higher than greatsword because of its lower cleave count and, as a short range weapon, sustain and control effects are crucial.

^this and in my opinion you missed mobility

so dagger needscontroldamagemobilitysustain

I Personaly have more problem with offhand dagger then with MH Dagger. MH is support weapon for LF generation and in PvP you can heal yourself(I've met some really great players with MH dagger builds(Core mainly)) For Offhand my problem is delay after long casttimes. In current game where everything is fast, so keep long casttime but effect will be quicker or give short casttime and keep effect duration.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:I'm very confused how dagger has no sustain when #2 is one of the strongest healing abilities we have.

Dagger really doesn't need much to be what they are trying to make it. The sustain bruiser weapon. It's tied to blood magic..

OH dagger is a different story though.

its a ~5k heal with a cast time of 2s. 2.5k healin/second is nothing compared to the damage per second dealt in <600 range these days so I wouldnt really call it a great sustain option. its okish at best.

the problem on dagger is mainly the lack of burst or counterpressure in melee range.

and OH dagger is not really the focus here in my original post I was referring to mainhand dagger only!

@DEATHsCLAW.1978 said:to sum up:

dagger (main hand) is only usable on power builds, has less single target and cleave damage than its close range compeditor greatsword (if on Reaper) and is not bursty at all.

so it has no role in pvp or pve which is sad an should be changed..

@Anchoku.8142 said:MH dagger needs
some
sort of purpose. It has been losing importance. It
should
have dps higher than greatsword because of its lower cleave count and, as a short range weapon, sustain and control effects are crucial.

^this and in my opinion you missed mobility

so dagger needscontroldamagemobilitysustain

Mainhand dagger is the weapon for support scourge for PvE

I think daggers are fine for damage. I think they need a different identity. Greatsword is the best melee cleave, axe/focus is the best single target burst. I do not see which weapon is best for lifesteal. I think Daggers fit there. I think Dagger mainhand should be shroud charge and lifesteal oriented, while offhand dagger should be condition reflection and lifesteal oriented. It would not take much and the skill could stay the same in name/animation.

It would just be something like adding in the vampiric trait to the auto attack chain, adding "Up to 10% of Shroud" to the Dagger 2, a huge life gain and shroud charge off Dagger 3, Dagger 4 gaining life for each condition transferred, and Dagger 5 granting us (not the party: Us) Resistance for each enemy hit. Then Dag/Dag becomes an amazing spec for dueling players, a great self sustain spec if you wanted to tank in raids, and just a generally more fun build to play around with.

As it is now, I tried D/X and it really just felt like "Why not greatsword?" and I have an ascend Dag vs my Exotic Gs. Gs parses higher damage always.

@"StabbersTheThird.6053" said:...It would just be something like adding in the vampiric trait to the auto attack chain, adding "Up to 10% of Shroud" to the Dagger 2, a huge life gain and shroud charge off Dagger 3, Dagger 4 gaining life for each condition transferred, and Dagger 5 granting us (not the party: Us) Resistance for each enemy hit. Then Dag/Dag becomes an amazing spec for dueling players, a great self sustain spec if you wanted to tank in raids, and just a generally more fun build to play around with.

As it is now, I tried D/X and it really just felt like "Why not greatsword?" and I have an ascend Dag vs my Exotic Gs. Gs parses higher damage always.

DD set would still severely lack damage and controleffects and it still wouldnt be able to counterpressure enemies in melee range so how could it even be a good duelist??the 5k healing every 10s aint gonna make up for this

(edited spelling mistakes)

Archived