The Dagger AA hit-detection feels off...

TwiceDead.1963

It feels like hits are only landing reliably within a 35 degree cone or something. Meanwhile I feel like I can hit my opponents from an 80-90 degree angle on my Thief and Spellbreaker. Compared to them, it feels like we're missing a good 10-20 degrees or so. I'm probably wrong on this, but my point is it feels a lot clunkier to use Dagger on Ranger.

@TwiceDead.1963 said:It feels like hits are only landing reliably within a 35 degree cone or something. Meanwhile I feel like I can hit my opponents from an 80-90 degree angle on my Thief and Spellbreaker. Compared to them, it feels like we're missing a good 10-20 degrees or so. I'm probably wrong on this, but my point is it feels a lot clunkier to use Dagger on Ranger.

That is correct. The melee AoE for the dagger is more similar to the necromacer one which is very narrow

@anduriell.6280 said:

@TwiceDead.1963 said:It feels like hits are only landing reliably within a 35 degree cone or something. Meanwhile I feel like I can hit my opponents from an 80-90 degree angle on my Thief and Spellbreaker. Compared to them, it feels like we're missing a good 10-20 degrees or so. I'm probably wrong on this, but my point is it feels a lot clunkier to use Dagger on Ranger.

That is correct. The melee AoE for the dagger is more similar to the necromacer one which is very narrow

Why though? From what I can tell, no Necromancer in their right mind ever uses a main-hand dagger, so why the additional disadvantage?Granted, the Ranger Dagger is quite good for condi-builds in PvE, but I don't think I ever see a Ranger using MH-Dagger in WvW. Don't know about sPvP.

@TwiceDead.1963 said:

Why though? From what I can tell, no Necromancer in their right mind ever uses a main-hand dagger, so why the additional disadvantage?Granted, the Ranger Dagger is quite good for condi-builds in PvE, but I don't think I ever see a Ranger using MH-Dagger in WvW. Don't know about sPvP.

I would wager a guess its was mostly test focused on Raids, as the all 3 skills seem to assume a low mobility target. That or (a realistic possibility) that dagger auto had a tracking skill at some point in its life.

But thats not the only problem with dagger..... overall it requires too much time on target for the auto chain, and both 2 and 3 have a slow response in how they cast (especially with 3 being the gap closer). As for why you rarely see them in WvW...... Ranger has no good off-hand to pair it with for combat against other players. Consider that the main reason Sword is taking in PvP is for its mobility, while GS is taken for its extreme flexibility. But of Ranger's off hand options, only Dagger has a flexible defense skill, but overall worthless on offense. Ranger as a whole is heavily carried by its weapon choices. While the 2H weapons are all well rounded, the 1h weapons are terribly laid out in terms of function, and don't compliment each other anywhere near as good as other classes.

By far, the best complimenting weapons have got to be Long bow and Greatsword. Switching between them is so fluid, it almost feels like a mistake.

Archived