End of the year patch predictions

MyPuppy.8970

I hope they make it so like water traits (all the element trait lines) or whatever effect more than just water skills. Like add some support to my whole build not just in 1/4th of my skills. The skills are watered down (no pun intended) already because of having twice as many weapon skills, we don't need the trait boosts being less effective than they are for other classes. Let me deal damage or have some kind of offensive support within water if I build for it, instead of giving me traits that say shit like "deal 10% more damage when attuned to water, while they have vulnerability". Like what the heck is with that. Its not like a straight 10% increase of damage for water skills is going to break the game. Take the whole vulnerability pre-condition away. Let my fire traits add burning to skills that aren't fire magic, like If I can wield all the elements at once and I have weaver as an elite spec, and ur telling me I can't burn people with rocks or lightening, get the heck out of here.

@"ScottBroChill.3254" said:I hope they make it so like water traits (all the element trait lines) or whatever effect more than just water skills. Like add some support to my whole build not just in 1/4th of my skills. The skills are watered down (no pun intended) already because of having twice as many weapon skills, we don't need the trait boosts being less effective than they are for other classes. Let me deal damage or have some kind of offensive support within water if I build for it, instead of giving me traits that say kitten like "deal 10% more damage when attuned to water, while they have vulnerability". Like what the heck is with that. Its not like a straight 10% increase of damage for water skills is going to break the game. Take the whole vulnerability pre-condition away. Let my fire traits add burning to skills that aren't fire magic, like If I can wield all the elements at once and I have weaver as an elite spec, and ur telling me I can't burn people with rocks or lightening, get the heck out of here.

:+1:

All specs are too focused on the respectives attunements and weapons skills, not on utility skills or "general". It seems obvious "fire spec" "water spec" But you don't have in Warrior "hammer spec, and if you swap weapon all your skills and traits become weak or ineffective"

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

@"ScottBroChill.3254" said:I hope they make it so like water traits (all the element trait lines) or whatever effect more than just water skills. Like add some support to my whole build not just in 1/4th of my skills. The skills are watered down (no pun intended) already because of having twice as many weapon skills, we don't need the trait boosts being less effective than they are for other classes. Let me deal damage or have some kind of offensive support within water if I build for it, instead of giving me traits that say kitten like "deal 10% more damage when attuned to water, while they have vulnerability". Like what the heck is with that. Its not like a straight 10% increase of damage for water skills is going to break the game. Take the whole vulnerability pre-condition away. Let my fire traits add burning to skills that aren't fire magic, like If I can wield all the elements at once and I have weaver as an elite spec, and ur telling me I can't burn people with rocks or lightening, get the heck out of here.

:+1:

All specs are too focused on the respectives attunements and weapons skills, not on utility skills or "general". It seems obvious "fire spec" "water spec" But you don't have in Warrior "hammer spec, and if you swap weapon all your skills and traits become weak or ineffective"

My sentiment also, and i think many of us share the same, that has been pointed out several times in the ele concerns thread. Traits need a rework to fit the build's purpose, which is more weapon dependant than attunement dependant. Taking all support traits and gear doesn't make camping water more viable.

@Jski.6180 said:A real wish of mine is to have diamond skin become the same as eng purity of purpose where the ele's clears conveit condis. There by giving ele all the boons in the game with out braking boons for the ele class.

Less of a prediction more of a want and need.

Yes! Could really use access to boons like quickness, aegis, or resistance. Also, diamond skin needs to be slightly changed. Ele's are more heal bots than tanks- so their health fluctuates dramatically. Instead of keeping above 75%, diamond skin should cleanse based on time, just like how signet of water used to be.

Want:

• Weaver attunement global cool down removed, attunements given 2 ammo with 4s recharge.
  • Unravel changed to steal one boon and transfer one condi per target per second for ~4-5s. 2 ammo, 40s recharge. ICD and duration changeable until not OP.
  • Ride the lightning cool down penalty removed, evade frames added.
  • Lingering elements returned as a baseline.
  • delay times on abilities like dragon tooth and ice spike etc halved
  • baseline active defence buffs on all weapons except sword, which instead gets a big mobility buff and 300 range.
  • Healing skills and traits have their baseline values increased but their healing power scaling halved, over all matching the old values with full healing power.
  • Don’t even get me started on tempest.

What I expect:

• PvE dps nerfs
  • PvP survivability nerfs

@GoodWithGravy.8019 said:

• Weaver attunement global cool down removed, attunements given 2 ammo with 4s recharge.

This would be hell of an incredible cool change, I never thought of this but that's so insanely good and easy to implement and fix so many issues with some potential offmeta specs, and I don't even play PvP/WvW! And it wouldn't really break any traits or stuff. You could change unravel to instantly refresh 2 stacks and give some faster recharge while active or something like that. Ah fuck now I will forever feel bad for the current solution as this would make it so much better :(

I believe Tempest is going to have a rebound at some point when they decide to look at the class some more. They've indirectly affected Tempest, let's see when they actually affect the profession. Weaver is probably going to stay about the same and core might get a little more love here and there up-til the year's end.

• 3 weeks later...

There will be a grand and glorious nothing, or a significant amount of lengthy patch notes that in fact have from 0 to maybe a lil bit of a proper alteration to the game, and next year spring-ish the forums will probably get a 2nd merged mega thread (if even) while half of the fed-up people will have been forum-banned from ele topics due to hating their investment going to the underworld :3

Add 1 or 2sec ICD on Cleansing water, because of rune of evasion too Op against pure condi builds.Nerf boons duration in arcane spec.Nerf all traits on attunement swap to single attunement, like Elemental Attunement; because we all know how powerful are fire spec and air spec in wvw/pvp.Nerf base healing/factor of Cleansing Wave, because arcane is too op.

And finaly, delete elementalist.

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:Add 1 or 2sec ICD on Cleansing water, because of rune of evasion too Op against pure condi builds.Nerf boons duration in arcane spec.Nerf all traits on attunement swap to single attunement, like Elemental Attunement; because we all know how powerful are fire spec and air spec in wvw/pvp.Nerf base healing/factor of Cleansing Wave, because arcane is too op.

you forgot one important thing - they will increase 15% damage from shatterstone ...

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:Add 1 or 2sec ICD on Cleansing water, because of rune of evasion too Op against pure condi builds.Nerf boons duration in arcane spec.Nerf all traits on attunement swap to single attunement, like Elemental Attunement; because we all know how powerful are fire spec and air spec in wvw/pvp.Nerf base healing/factor of Cleansing Wave, because arcane is too op.

Nerfing cleansing water would be enough to erase ele from pvp. But it could be fun having only kamikaze unviable builds remaining, and everyone complaining as soon as they see an ele in their team.

@Mbelch.9028 said:What really killed this class for me was how easy it is to interrupt. Every skill, it feels, has a long wind-up and cast time, even as a D/D ele player. This allowed thieves with a pistol to just interrupt every single thing, leading me to quit it around the same time damage on interrupt became big.

Want to make Ele better in an easy way that doesn't involve modifying every skill (which is what needs to happen)? They should remove the cooldowns on attunement changes, but keep bonuses from the attunement changes under an ICD. This allows for a bunch of new play, but might not fix everything.

There will always be issues with condis so long as there is no way for condi builds to survive.MIrage? Reason its so successful, is because it has the evades and tons of condi builds, making them the gods of condis.

No other class has the kind of combo mesmers have with survivability and condi.Its either you insta burs people down, or you die from a power meta burst instantly, because you lack the tools to outplay them. Condis would have to be like in wow which have good damage but the class would need some survivability or instant cast to not be stunned and then people would cry about how condis cannot be evaded.Im not even sure that condis should be evaded all the time, unless forcing LOS.

• 2 weeks later...

@AlexPlay.8436 said:My prediction: another NERF is coming ...

More specific: they will nerf rune of evasion (Arenanet will do it just in case),rest will remain without significant changes.

unfortunately I was 100% right in my predictions

it was a fun to play against condy-mirage, no fun anymore...going to stop play gw2 until ele buff

Has ele been competitive in spvp with staff, sceptre, dagger/dagger, dagger focus, warhorn in the last year (or more) - no.Is it widely accepted by the customer base & expert players alike that ele is not competitive in spvp - yes.How many opportunities has the balance team had in the last year to make simple and effective changes to ele to improve its lot - over 20 patches in the last year.

What changes do they make? * raid orientated again.

incompetent in American(ɪnˈkɑmpətənt ; inkämˈpətənt)adjective

1. without adequate ability, knowledge, fitness, etc.; failing to meet requirements; incapable; unskillful.

Pretty Scathing, but pretty accurate. If dev teams in my company failed to fix stuff that was easily implemented and had the potential for huge impact they would be getting questioned hard, its bobby basic sprint planning. (e.g give extra ele 4k hp)

Archived