Please sell us Guild Wars 1

Could you guys please revamp the pricing on Guild Wars 1 site?

Trilogy can be $30 US, cool, but could you please sell Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall for $10 US and EOTN for $15 US?

$3 US for a character slot and $5 US for PvP unlocks/Xunlai Storage. $15 US for Mercenary complete unlock.

Pretty sure 1 person could do all this and you guys will benefit.

I strongly advise picking up a Mercenary pack for Gw1 if you plan on playing alone.

Make some PvP only characters at least one of them a Monk and register them as Heros.You'll still need to make your way to Lions Arch with Henchmen or other players before you can unlock and use them on your PvE character though and if you have the game of the year upgrade the Igneous Summoning Stone you get from typing /bonus in chat will really come in handy.

Gw1 is a great game ^^ I'm very much looking forward to playing it again with friends.

@Teratus.2859 said:I strongly advise picking up a Mercenary pack for Gw1 if you plan on playing alone.There are plenty of heroes in the game. Mercenary packs are a great shortcut, so you can start off with custom allies, but I'd say most folks don't need to spend the dollars/euros unless or until they find it too challenging without extra heroes.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:I strongly advise picking up a Mercenary pack for Gw1 if you plan on playing alone.There are plenty of heroes in the game. Mercenary packs are a great shortcut, so you can start off with custom allies, but I'd say most folks don't need to spend the dollars/euros unless or until they find it too challenging without extra heroes.

There are but they don't come into the game until Nightfall and EoTN..Prophecies and Factions have no Heros besides M.O.X and he won't show up unless the player owns all 3 of the main releasse games (Prophecies, Factions & Nightfall)

If you're like me and you want to play the games in chronological order without skipping ahead for spoilers etc (which I strongly advise for first time players) then they won't have access to Heroes until after they beat the first 2 games which is significantly harder to do with the rubbish Henchmen NPC's which you'll be stuck with if you can't find other players.

Grabbing the Mercenary pack is a really good work around to this problem since a single fully customizable Hero is going to be far more useful than any of the Henchmen are.

@Orwyn.6104 said:Thank you Teratus and Illconceived, I had no idea what the mercenary pack was, thanks for the explanation :) Their site didn't explain it well.

No prob ^^ hope you enjoy Gw1 I still love that game to this day.If you happen to see a Necromancer with my name, dressed in black that looks like a devil with black wings and firey horns run up and say hi cuz that's probably me :D

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Each of the campaigns are stand-alone games (with stand-alone stories). I'm not sure there's any real chronological order to the story; at least, not like in Guild Wars 2.

You're right of course. In game, there's no chronological order. However, as a player who's interested in the way games are developed, there's still an order the games came out in that I find makes it interesting to play.

For one thing, the later games have a very different feel from Prophcies and I'd find it hard to go backwards. If you start with Factions and Nightfall, Prophecies is going to seem like a long, slow haul. The game evolved over time as the focus of the development team changed. I'd say starting with Prophecies first gives you the experience of the original Guild Wars when it came out, without heroes. If people are interested in actually playing, it makes you a better player.

Just my opinion of course, but I prefer experiencing things in the chronological order of their release, having nothing to do with the chronology of the story.

• 2 weeks later...

@madamred.1463 said:wait people still play gw1?? if so sign me up i missed out on it and always regretted it

Yes, actually we looking for new, and old players for our alliance. We do everything in game - but really, normal, or HM missions, vanquishing, zaishen stuff, elite zones, Heroes Ascent, speedclears, dungeons, title grinding - and are very helpful. :)We own - atm - Harvest Temple, but of course we'd like to keep our faction points, or maybe even raise it to get back Vasburg Armory.

If you, any of your friend, or anyone you know - or anyone who reads this - would like to join, just add me to friend list in GW1, and of course you can join! :)I am from Europe, so european daytime you can find me by the name Chao RinshenMy guild leader is american, so american daytime you should looking for Leonardo Da Grinchi.

p.s.:I hope it's not a problem to write this in a GW2 forum, but i can't find any gw1 forums anywhere. :\

Archived