Can we pretty please add 2v2 to Unranked queue, please?

Nebilim.5127

I believe one of the issues Ben has raised is that he has concerns about splitting the playerbase and something about the ELO or leaderboards, but this should be an easy change for unranked right? Just replace the tickbox with stronghold if that's the case. And let stronghold be the custom arena map.

We need to give another mode a chance to grow and have some popularity. If you delegate to some special every few months AT, and only custom arena, then making these maps and modes are absolutely pointless, just like the previous 2v2 map which i was only raised awareness recently.

"The 2v2 map is unfortunately only for custom arenas and special event tournaments." posted this in another thread, I think they want to and know people want to as well, but either someone higher up isn't letting it fly, or anything along those lines. Maybe I'm reading to much into one word.

@"Spazmataz.7864" said:"The 2v2 map is unfortunately only for custom arenas and special event tournaments." posted this in another thread, I think they want to and know people want to as well, but either someone higher up isn't letting it fly, or anything along those lines. Maybe I'm reading to much into one word.

The right word here is fortunately.Once you take a step back, you see that half meta class are meta because of capture point game mode (+1 roamer, holder and so on...).The game is absolutly not balanced about 2v2.

Here is how it's going to be :

• They release 2v2.
  • Players will be hyped during 2 month because it's new.
  • Players will discover that there is much less tactical interest than in conquest or more numerous encounter. (even in an ideal world, if we have each class with a meta 2v2 build which is actually impossible, there will be mathematically less tactical options during a 2v2 game than during a 5v5 capture point game.)
  • The hype will pass.
  • Then we will move on to something else.

(and again oled players organised 2v2 with a skills/traits banned list as big as the arm isn't representative of the reality.)

@viquing.8254 said:

@"Spazmataz.7864" said:"The 2v2 map is
unfortunately
only for custom arenas and special event tournaments." posted this in another thread, I think they want to and know people want to as well, but either someone higher up isn't letting it fly, or anything along those lines. Maybe I'm reading to much into
one word

The right word here is
fortunately
.Once you take a step back, you see that half meta class are meta
because
of capture point game mode (+1 roamer, holder and so on...).The game is absolutly not balanced about 2v2.

Here is how it's going to be :
  • They release 2v2.
  • Players will be hyped during 2 month because it's new.
  • Players will discover that there is much less tactical interest than in conquest or more numerous encounter. (even in an ideal world, if we have each class with a meta 2v2 build which is actually impossible, there will be mathematically less tactical options during a 2v2 game than during a 5v5 capture point game.)
  • The hype will pass.
  • Then we will move on to something else.

(and again oled players organised 2v2 with a skills/traits banned list as big as the arm isn't representative of the reality.)

I think they both of their place. Conquest is definitely more map awareness oriented and can be executed really well with a 5premade v 5 premade, but it's absolutely an abomination of a game mode where most people are PUGing for unranked AND RANKED, early season you cant even queue with a full 5 man. 2s is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more manageable, yes its less tactical in a map sense but it trades that for more engaging combat since your playing to kill to win. not to jump on points and fights when its tactically necessary, have to AVOID fights (pvp) to jump on a point and afk for 10 seconds is just lame to me, when its a seriously played (5v5 premade) its a lot more engaging but as it stands, having to play with pugs just takes away from conquest and you're playing with pugs more than half the time, almost entirely

@"Spazmataz.7864" said:it trades that for more engaging combat since your playing to kill to win.I highly doubt that once it will be same meta comp vs same meta comp with same skills rorations with the result depending mostly on players's ping it will be engaging on long term when I see that already with 5v5 there is a certain weariness, but we will see, perhaps it will work.

@viquing.8254 said:

@"Spazmataz.7864" said:it trades that for more engaging combat since your playing to kill to win.I highly doubt that once it will be same meta comp vs same meta comp with same skills rorations with the result depending mostly on players's ping it will be engaging on long term when I see that already with 5v5 there is a certain weariness, but we will see, perhaps it will work.

meta vs meta ?? thats already a huge thing in 5v5, in basically ANY pvp game there will always be meta comps, but there will also be counter metas. and just because something isn't 'meta' doesn't mean its unplayable, I mean you can play anything and do good it's called playing a troll comp, yeah you might not beat a team playing their heart out with a meta comp but that's the point, its part of the challenge in pvp to defy the meta when you've reached a certain level of skill and competence in the game.

there aren't enough skills in any kit in gw2 for there to be rotations, maybe there's a combo you might do for certain situations on certain classes, and maybe some of them are damage rotations but a lot of the time these combos are utility, even when it's a damage combo, it's most likely a burst combo which is still considered utility in my book.

ok so on the ping part. you can play most mmos with around 125 and you'll be just as good as someone with 25, my best from is from hawaii and he basically is always around 75+ ping and it is a non factor. BNS has the biggest issue with ping but at the same time as long as you're not playing in a different region it won't matter much.

2v2 maps NEED to get an unranked queue!!I was looking realy forwards to a new 2v2 map, however now that its coming i realised.. I never even played the first 2v2 map.... Why ? Because its in custom arena only.If these 2 maps are going to stay in custom only, most players will not play them. I know i wont 100% even though i have insane interest in actualy playing 2v2.I realy want to play these maps, but i dont think i can be bothered dealing with custom arenas. Due to this, ANet will never learn 2v2s true potential and true interest of the playerbase.

@Glider.5792 said:2v2 maps NEED to get an unranked queue!!I was looking realy forwards to a new 2v2 map, however now that its coming i realised.. I never even played the first 2v2 map.... Why ? Because its in custom arena only.If these 2 maps are going to stay in custom only most players will not play them. I know i wont 100% even though i have insane interest in actualy playing 2v2.I realy want to play these maps, but i dont think i can be bothered dealing with custom arenas. Due to this, ANet will never learn 2v2s true potential and true interest of the playerbase.

I don't understand why Anet makes content and then puts it behind a series of loop holes, just let us enjoy the content. Let us enjoy the fruits of their labor.I play every day but it's been a good 2 years since I bothered with custom arenas or hot joins, haven't even looked that way and probably won't until team queue is a thing again.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Ben and i would like to beg you again to do this. Just replace stronghold in the queue from unranked. I loved the 2v2 AT we been having but they feel so dry, you can only try once a day and losing once already ends the fun. There is so many builds i want to try.... Please ben, PLEASEEEEEE, even if it is temporary, add to unranked.

Archived