Why players insist on a full cap?

Nabbut.7480

Had a game where i decapped close and went back to fighting at mid, but our engi left mid and went to close to do a full cap and as a result our mid died.Having a decapped point brings no advantage to any team while having one more player in the fight does.Please, share your superstitions with me :p

@paShadoWn.5723 said:In my games, far gets crowded and eventually wiped.

People don't know when to peel back. They go balls in on a fight where most times respawns eventually overwhelm.

My games if I see that the team fight is going porr and I'm the one capping home. I'll leave a portal near mid and decap far, maybe troll long enough for my team to recoup. Then come back to the midnight. If I see that the team fight is going poorly and I'm in it initially I will go far, decap and if they push into me I'll troll for a bit drop a portal and go back mid. Now we're at a numbers advantage for the next team fight because they need to leave a portal sitter or if they come to the teamfight I'll portal out.

Now what this does is the duration of portal is a smidge longer than it takes to decap. So if I portal to a point then decap it. I can be back mid before they are even aware I left. Now my team is at a point cap advantage or st worse points are ticking at the same rate for both teams.

That's why I as a mesmer focus on decap more than full.

@"paShadoWn.5723" said:Had a game where i decapped close and went back to fighting at mid, but our engi left mid and went to close to do a full cap and as a result our mid died.Having a decapped point brings no advantage to any team while having one more player in the fight does.Please, share your superstitions with me :p

That depends heavily.It is a Close node and that's generally always Caped, the exception to that is when you can see, according to the HP bars of your team or according to the present team comp vs enemy comp at mid, that the Mid is going to be lost AND you know that you can turn that fight around including the time it takes to run there.Otherwise it usually happens that people who leave uncapped node are having real bad guess on the scenario and will just rotate in to a lost fight or rotate too late to win it.

However, what SHOULD have happened is that you should have stayed and capped close while all your teammates should have disengaged Mid in time when they see it's lost, but that would require all of team-mates knowing what to do and that's highly unlikely.So yeah, sometimes you can resolve to this not-optimal tactic, but you gotta be sure that your Team won't be clever enough to disengage and that you WILL make it in time. (time it takes to run from node to node, etc.)

All of this gets all the way more interesting if you are playing Thief as it is always your fault... Either you full cap close and let mid lose cuz its just lost and everybody goes like "OMG THIEF WHY NO +1" or you +1 without fullcap, you save everyone but everyone thinks it was their alone skill that pulled it off and everybody goes like "OMG THIEF WHY NO CAP!" potentially "OMG THIEF WHY NO DECAP FAR!".

@paShadoWn.5723 said:Had a game where i decapped close and went back to fighting at mid, but our engi left mid and went to close to do a full cap and as a result our mid died.Having a decapped point brings no advantage to any team while having one more player in the fight does.Please, share your superstitions with me :p

They were likely out of cooldowns or about to be, which means if he stayed there would've just been 1 more body at mid. Just guessing though.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@paShadoWn.5723 said:However, what SHOULD have happened is that you should have stayed and capped close while all your teammates should have disengaged Mid in time when they see it's lost, but that would require all of team-mates knowing what to do and that's highly unlikely.So yeah, sometimes you can resolve to this not-optimal tactic, but you gotta be sure that your Team won't be clever enough to disengage and that you WILL make it in time. (time it takes to run from node to node, etc.)Yep. It totally depends. And it's not all on you.

If mid is going to be lost and you're not confident you can save it, cap close and regroup. If mid is going to be lost and you're confident you can save it, leave close and help cap mid. Either way you'll get one of the points.

What you don't want to do is leave close, and still lose mid. Or stay close, watch your team wipe, and then get destroyed alone there undoing all your work.

Archived