[BUG] Domain of Istan is still bugged - Akili & Books No Champions

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I'm not sure Jeffrey has stated he has found the solution to the bug, so until then a fix may not be expected to be released no matter the upcoming patch.

No matter what, we are still waiting. Gotta keep this alive! Because Istan does have nice community there, until the champions got nerfed. -.- Oops I mean bugged.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Istan farming has always been alive and well, independent of the Akili event. If you're with a good commander, you should only ever need to partially do Akili for the purpose of breaking the MCF bar. Once it's close to breaking, you drop the event and flock to the gate, do the GH meta, then migrate to another instance of the map.

As an Istan Commander myself, I can assure you that your profits should not be suffering because Akili isn't spawning as many champs sometimes. It's not as essential to the current meta strat (even when he wasn't bugged), especially since you usually shouldn't send the entire squad to Akili anyways. Other places that need simultaneous attention by farming participants include clearing the awakened mobs inside GH and Neighborhood Cow Watch.

TL;DR: Breaking the bar for GH meta then changing maps immediately to do another bar >>>>>>>> Akili.

@SpinDashMaster.5680 said:Istan farming has always been alive and well, independent of the Akili event. If you're with a good commander, you should only ever need to partially do Akili for the purpose of breaking the MCF bar. Once it's close to breaking, you drop the event and flock to the gate, do the GH meta, then migrate to another instance of the map.

As an Istan Commander myself, I can assure you that your profits should not be suffering because Akili isn't spawning as many champs sometimes. It's not as essential to the current meta strat (even when he wasn't bugged), especially since you usually shouldn't send the entire squad to Akili anyways. Other places that need simultaneous attention by farming participants include clearing the awakened mobs inside GH and Neighborhood Cow Watch.

TL;DR: Breaking the bar for GH meta then changing maps immediately to do another bar >>>>>>>> Akili.

I farm with a highly popular Commander in Istan almost daily and hours sometimes since that guy runs it for long hours almost daily and he times all the events very well, everything is back to back with no waiting time. And yes, he is known for his efficiency in Istan farming.

We never need to change any maps and that's how things have been running at where I am, even before the bug, even with other commanders. Changing maps seems like something that was practiced when Istan was first released, and then nerfed (correct me if I'm wrong cause I didn't play back at that time) and that should be a year ago?

Anyways, at the moment, without the champions from Akili and Books, the profit rate easily drops by almost 30%.

Also, based on your methods, can you imagine how much more you can gain from those 'filler' events before the meta when these filler events were spawning champions? Sometimes you do about 2-3 Akili before GH and you can easily get 20-30 champions from Akili even before the GH. So please tell me why and how we are not suffering from this 'bug'?

That sentiment is cute, but it's sentiment nonetheless. You're basically saying "I've only ever done it this way so any other way must be inefficient." without actually showing g/hr numbers or anything of the sort. You made up a 30% figure, but 30% of what, Akili bugged vs Akili non-bugged g/hr? You're not making sense, especially since that event is not where the money is for this map anyway, even if Akili wasn't bugged.

And yes, you're wrong about the nerfs. They don't affect changing maps to trigger GH multiple times.

What you're missing is that the real money lies within GH itself. If you only get 2-3 GH events per pala cycle, (And you definitely aren't hitting more than 3 because you told me yourself you don't change maps, so the cooldown on the map makes it impossible to do more than 3.) then you're sorely missing out on the profit you would be getting from hitting 5-8 GH per cycle by changing maps. The profit is orders of magnitude higher than your attempt to use akili as filler.

Which would you prefer, 9-10 champ bags or 24 champ bags and 10 VM caches? Change maps, go break another bar, and only use akili as a means to breaking the bar. Watch your "30% profit rate" soar.

@"SpinDashMaster.5680" said:That sentiment is cute, but it's sentiment nonetheless. You're basically saying "I've only ever done it this way so any other way must be inefficient." without actually showing g/hr numbers or anything of the sort. You made up a 30% figure, but 30% of what, Akili bugged vs Akili non-bugged g/hr? You're not making sense, especially since that event is not where the money is for this map anyway, even if Akili wasn't bugged.

And yes, you're wrong about the nerfs. They don't affect changing maps to trigger GH multiple times.

What you're missing is that the real money lies within GH itself. If you only get 2-3 GH events per pala cycle, (And you definitely aren't hitting more than 3 because you told me yourself you don't change maps, so the cooldown on the map makes it impossible to do more than 3.) then you're sorely missing out on the profit you would be getting from hitting 5-8 GH per cycle by changing maps. The profit is orders of magnitude higher than your attempt to use akili as filler.

Which would you prefer, 9-10 champ bags or 24 champ bags and 10 VM caches? Change maps, go break another bar, and only use akili as a means to breaking the bar. Watch your "30% profit rate" soar.

Your sentiment is also cute. Unless one of us actually produces a proper experiment with all the necessary documentation to prove either one of our theories is faster or correct, with and without champions or 'nerf' or without 'nerf', changing or without changing maps,YOUR words and mine will remain as cute sentiments. ? We will just have to agree to disagree.

But I'm not here to do experiments, I am just here to report the bug. No one here talked about profit rate before. And judging from other comments here, we do want this 'bug' fixed. Or a proper announcement if it's a 'nerf'.

I did more than prove it, I spelled it out for you. I'm sorry you came in here confused about what is "correct," (Not even sure what you mean by that because that didn't sound contextually close to English, and it also comes across as if you didn't even understand a word I wrote) but it's common knowledge that GH yields more rewards than Akili. If you don't understand that, try looking into why you don't understand how 10 <24 and flame others less. Thanks in advance.

At any rate, you're derailing the thread. The point is that people shouldn't be worried about Akili because it's not nearly as profitable as rotating maps for GH (and it never was), for reasons I've already explained in great detail above. The fuss about lost profits is moot because if you're farming this zone properly, you don't need Akili for anything other than the sheer number of mobs it spawns to break the bar for GH.

Whether you realize that or not despite failing to comprehend the presented data is a topic for another thread. In fact there's several guides on commanding Istan you might want to consider reading -- as they pretty heavily line up with what I told you three times.

Which part of 'agree to disagree' do you not understand? I have said it three times. Any further argument is pointless unless one of us actually conducts the experiments thoroughly, with hypothesis, all the variables, timing down to the seconds, different classes, methods to collect data, ways to compare the data and etc. And release the results to the public. After all, our real world is built upon these datas and experiments. Scientists come up with conclusions because they have already run enough experiments to prove their points, and no, they don't just use Google search to help their own cases.

Then we will have answers. All other guides right now are done before the 'nerf/bug', so yet again, we have no concrete proofs. It's very easy to say this number is greater than that, or that value is lesser. But we can only have real results when real tests/research is conducted, with all the real scenarios, variables factor into it, then only the efficiency can be measured. And then we can see answers.

I'm not saying that I'm right, and that you are wrong. Or that I'm wrong, you are right. I have already agreed to disagree (4th time) and I rest my case. I have mentioned way before that I don't want to conduct the experiments, and I settle on agreeing to disagree. Therefore all we have right now are just cute sentiments. :)

@Tom.9516 said:It's besides the point if Istan farm suffers from it profit wise. The event is bugged and needs to be fixed .Every day full squads wait in anticipation for champs to spawn, its sad :(

You are right. When I created this thread, it was meant to report that there's a bug since Arena Net said we should point out if there's a bug because they wouldn't change anything without any announcements. And according to many people in this thread, there is a bug, where Akili and Books no longer spawn champions. No one was fussing about the profit rate.

Besides, I do miss the community, back then it was easy to just drop into any random Istan map and there would be a Commander with full squad. Everyone would be just chit chatting and having fun. It wasn't competitive, no one was rushing anyone to do things.

Nowadays you will mostly drop into empty maps, and even on LFG, it's mostly empty until the Pala meta with one LFG if you are lucky. As far as I know, there's only one Commander that still does it faithfully every day for hours, other than that Istan feels a lot like another dead map soon, unfortunately. :astonished:

In any case, hopefully it gets fixed soon, somehow, somewhat. Happy holidays and Happy New Year!

• ArenaNet Staff

We weren't able to find any specific change that might have caused this, but I made some other minor adjustments to the event that I think fixed it. At least, in my testing, I was consistently getting multiple champions each run of the event, though it's not intended to scale as much as world boss/meta events.

@Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 said:We weren't able to find any specific change that might have caused this, but I made some other minor adjustments to the event that I think fixed it. At least, in my testing, I was consistently getting multiple champions each run of the event, though it's not intended to scale as much as world boss/meta events.

Wow thank you! When can we see this in effect? Then we can see it out. The next patch?

@Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 said:We weren't able to find any specific change that might have caused this, but I made some other minor adjustments to the event that I think fixed it. At least, in my testing, I was consistently getting multiple champions each run of the event, though it's not intended to scale as much as world boss/meta events.

That last sentence kinda says..... we dropped the champs down purposely but as players are not happy and Istan is becoming a ghost town we have upped it a little but it wont be lucrative like it was before.

@Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 said:

@tinyasian.8941 said:Wow thank you! When can we see this in effect? Then we can see it out. The next patch?

Yes, I believe it'll be in the next content update.

Is this also going to fix issues like champions not spawning in events like Tequatl based on population? Its been weeks since we've seen any where before they'd spawn with enough people.

@Ryan.2758 said:

@tinyasian.8941 said:Wow thank you! When can we see this in effect? Then we can see it out. The next patch?

Yes, I believe it'll be in the next content update.

Is this also going to fix issues like champions not spawning in events like Tequatl based on population? Its been weeks since we've seen any where before they'd spawn with enough people.

Maybe you could see open another thread and report about it? This is kinda unrelated.

@The Last Hobbit.6492 said:Can we also get a nerf to Istan so it stops being the only in-game farm worth doing?

It was already nerfed compared to the first time it was released, no need for more. And it's not the ONLY farm worth doing, we have Silverwastes, T4 Fractals, HoT metas on rotation. Is Istan the best Gold/hour? Probably, but what's the point of nerfing it? Then something else would be the best Gold/hour and there will always be people who cry about it.

@Mea.5491 said:

@The Last Hobbit.6492 said:Can we also get a nerf to Istan so it stops being the only in-game farm worth doing?

It was already nerfed compared to the first time it was released, no need for more. And it's not the ONLY farm worth doing, we have Silverwastes, T4 Fractals, HoT metas on rotation. Is Istan the best Gold/hour? Probably, but what's the point of nerfing it? Then something else would be the best Gold/hour and there will always be people who cry about it.

The people who cry about it are always those who are already super rich, and they don't want others to get the gold.There are people botting in PVP and getting more gold than ever, they should cry more about that. Or maybe they won't because ......... you know.

Good news, champions are spawning already. Though I feel like they are lesser than pre-halloween, but at least there are champions now. :)

Also, I can't help to notice that there are a lot of people who come to the maps and demand the commanders to do the map jumping, kinda makes me wonder if it's so good then why not do it themselves instead of disrupting the peace?

Archived