Unable to open Sunken Treasure chests

Killjoy.9213

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I've missed something, but I just attempted opening some of the chests for the Sunken Treasure achievement, which I already got. I'm mainly going for the chests for the +10 Swim-Speed Boosts. I opened the chests earlier today BEFORE reset and just recently AFTER reset.

My question though, is this: Are the chest still buggy? or is the chest reset timer set differently?

The only thing I can think is check your cheeve to confirm it is reset with none of the chests checked off. If that's the case and one is showing already open then I suppose the bug may have returned. Afaik they never really told us what triggered that bug so I don't know anything else to check . . .

The only other thing I can say is I open chests occasionally as the keys drop and I haven't had any trouble since they cleared the bug the first time, but even on its initial appearance it did not affect everyone and those that it did affect were not affected at the same time so my experience is likely of no use to you . . .

I just logged back on and checked and it's showing that I have Gendarran Fields checked, which I can confirm I was able to open before posting this, and just tried opening the Kessex Hills one with the message: "You are unable to open the chest." despite it NOT being checked.

In addition to what you've tried, consider:

• visiting on a different character
  • waiting til after reset
  • if you use the same toon and don't wait until after reset, make sure your character leaves the instance (not just [f12], but visit Obsidian Sanctum or Mistlock Sanctuary)

The game has always been a little wonky with chest resets. None of these things should matter, but occasionally, they do. The vast majority of the time, it works fine. As @Khisanth.2948 says, one can easily open the chests 3, 4, 5 or more times in the same say and usually, there's no issue. (I think the most I've managed is 3, but only because I got bored).

Archived