Can't send gifts to a friend

if your friend is online when you're trying to gift you have to use the name of the character your friend is logged in on to be able to find them on the list. if they are not logged in you have to use their account name to find them on the list.

this has tripped me up so many times when trying to gift things, so maybe it's that?

• Thanks 1

@nottsgman.8206 said:if your friend is online when you're trying to gift you have to use the name of the character your friend is logged in on to be able to find them on the list. if they are not logged in you have to use their account name to find them on the list.

this has tripped me up so many times when trying to gift things, so maybe it's that?

This is, indeed, the answer. I had OP's problem between my two accounts, and every time I tried to gift something while the other account was in-game, the account display name was not found, but the character name was.

• 2 years later...

@nottsgman.8206 said:if your friend is online when you're trying to gift you have to use the name of the character your friend is logged in on to be able to find them on the list. if they are not logged in you have to use their account name to find them on the list.

Thank you! :D