Help with roaming build

whoknocks.4935

Hey guys,

I have a full trailblazer mirage, I know hybrid right now is more competitive than pure condi, but I would like some opinions on this build I am currently running:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAsa3fnELDlphFMDWoBMMjlXDzv/VAPgoBgcyzpsC8biGA

Full trailblazer.

Sword/pistol + axe/torch, even tho maybe staff + axe/torch might be superior, I feel the disengage of sword and extra evade are good for roaming, but you tell me if better I go for staff instead and if to swap traitlines.

I go for standard Illusion Dueling Mirage traitlines. Someone goes for chaos, but i like the extra burn and short cooldowns on torch provided by Illusions traitline. What you think?

Another thing is in Dueling traitline, almost anyone runs Blinding Dissipation and Ineptitude, I chose Evasive Mirror due to the rangers I find roaming and that helps a lot dealing with them, about Ineptitute... well... I found having way more success running Deceptive Evasion, clone spawned upon dodge, this way I can maintain my clones count pretty high, running Ineptitute I find myself out of clones very often and I am an easier target to pin down.

Take in consideration the constant outnumbering scenarios of wvw, so maybe some expert mirage roamer can help me out.

I can swap all my trinkets and backpack stats as I please if you want maybe provide me a different stat variation.

My worse match up is against daggerbreakers, they can maintain resistance almost permanently, and they are a direct counter, pretty good holos and thieves are tough too, and boonbeasts, but I do not mind having counters of course.

Just looking for the best 1vs1 and possible good 1vsX build to be able to hold up and disengage with relatively ease from nasty situations, I saw some mirage escaping from a 1vs5 without dying, or even holding well in 1vs3 even tho not so smart players, but this is the majority of players in wvw, myself counter as well xD.

Ah, I run rune of the adventurer even tho i'm not hybrid because of the extra dodge provided on healing use, I run double doom and energy sigils in my weapon sets.

I heard someone even go for full celestial or celestial trinkets, but I don't know if I could see an improvement by doing so.

Its a meta trailblazer mirage... dont really know what it is you want help with. If you want more sustain, just swap illusion with inspiration. I dont even know how you can run in WvW without speedboost (either some way of getting permaswiftness or +25) but some people can handle it I guess.

The problem with a trailblazer build has always been that its weak against builds with cleanses and the condis are slow to build against good roamers where power burst rules the roost. The more outmanned it is by decent players and builds, the exponentially worse the condi mirage gets since it rarely gets to exploit its pressure when pushed. Its simply no threat compared to say for example a roaming power mirage that can turn around while in a withdrawal and down someone almost instantly. If you fight 5 people, its unlikely that they are all able to keep up... but if you spend too long fighting the ones that do, you're gonna loose.

@"whoknocks.4935" said:Hey guys,

I have a full trailblazer mirage, I know hybrid right now is more competitive than pure condi, but I would like some opinions on this build I am currently running:

Full trailblazer.

Sword/pistol + axe/torch, even tho maybe staff + axe/torch might be superior, I feel the disengage of sword and extra evade are good for roaming, but you tell me if better I go for staff instead and if to swap traitlines.

I go for standard Illusion Dueling Mirage traitlines. Someone goes for chaos, but i like the extra burn and short cooldowns on torch provided by Illusions traitline. What you think?

Another thing is in Dueling traitline, almost anyone runs Blinding Dissipation and Ineptitude, I chose Evasive Mirror due to the rangers I find roaming and that helps a lot dealing with them, about Ineptitute... well... I found having way more success running Deceptive Evasion, clone spawned upon dodge, this way I can maintain my clones count pretty high, running Ineptitute I find myself out of clones very often and I am an easier target to pin down.

Take in consideration the constant outnumbering scenarios of wvw, so maybe some expert mirage roamer can help me out.

I can swap all my trinkets and backpack stats as I please if you want maybe provide me a different stat variation.

My worse match up is against daggerbreakers, they can maintain resistance almost permanently, and they are a direct counter, pretty good holos and thieves are tough too, and boonbeasts, but I do not mind having counters of course.

Just looking for the best 1vs1 and possible good 1vsX build to be able to hold up and disengage with relatively ease from nasty situations, I saw some mirage escaping from a 1vs5 without dying, or even holding well in 1vs3 even tho not so smart players, but this is the majority of players in wvw, myself counter as well xD.

Ah, I run rune of the adventurer even tho i'm not hybrid because of the extra dodge provided on healing use, I run double doom and energy sigils in my weapon sets.

I heard someone even go for full celestial or celestial trinkets, but I don't know if I could see an improvement by doing so.I'd give a try to scepter. Scepter pistol sword torch for example . The reason is that a range weapon is really important and scepter with full condi hits hard even if i don't like scepter .

@Dawdler.8521 said:Its a meta trailblazer mirage... dont really know what it is you want help with. If you want more sustain, just swap illusion with inspiration. I dont even know how you can run in WvW without speedboost (either some way of getting permaswiftness or +25) but some people can handle it I guess.

The problem with a trailblazer build has always been that its weak against builds with cleanses and the condis are slow to build against good roamers where power burst rules the roost. The more outmanned it is by decent players and builds, the exponentially worse the condi mirage gets since it rarely gets to exploit its pressure when pushed. Its simply no threat compared to say for example a roaming power mirage that can turn around while in a withdrawal and down someone almost instantly. If you fight 5 people, its unlikely that they are all able to keep up... but if you spend too long fighting the ones that do, you're gonna loose.

Well mirage have ambush sword for mobility, and I don't think there is any passive 25% mov speed buff, only Chrono got one... I don't know if running traveler runes over adventure is a good choice, i prefer to have the extra dodge over the 25% speed buff to be honest...

@"whoknocks.4935" said:Hey guys,

Full trailblazer.

I heard someone even go for full celestial or celestial trinkets, but I don't know if I could see an improvement by doing so.

Doesn’t get any more meta than that. Still Meh, compared to hybrid.

Edit: Despite popular belief, succeeding in 1vX scenarios is more about the way you play Mirage rather than the build you play.

@Arlette.9684 said:Doesn’t get any more meta than that. Still Meh, compared to hybrid.

What do you mean?

Except dagger spellbreakers and really good core and dd thieves and some random weaver (1 person out of 100 roam with it and it's good at it) I am holding up against all professions pretty well so far, I find lot of revs around, so I hard counter them no problem, holos are tough, but if they spam photon forge random I force them into passive elixir s in literally 3 seconds.

Deadeyes are not much of problem, I still didn't get oneshot by any of them who tried to gank me, they either run away or ended up dead.

Normal longbow soulbeasts are not a problem too, running the reflect trait helps a lot and sometimes they auto kill with reflects.

What else... power reapers, scourges and power mirages don't give me trouble at all, their burst is easier to dodge than warriors skills.

So far didn't find any hybrid mirage around so I don't know how I do against them.

Going hybrid I feel I lose too much sustain and toughness and I can't survive outnumbers that well, maybe the match up against warriors becomes more fair, but I don't think it's worth it for my playstyle.

@Arlette.9684 said:Then you’re not building right. There’s. Reason why most of us rerolled hybrid, it’s not that we’re not seeing something only you can see, it’s cuz we’re seeing something you don’t :wink:

That's why i asked for an advice and made the post, maybe show me a build template in gw2skill.net??? With the stats and traits and weapon choices.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@Arlette.9684 said:Then you’re not building right. There’s. Reason why most of us rerolled hybrid, it’s not that we’re not seeing something only you can see, it’s cuz we’re seeing something you don’t :wink:

That's why i asked for an advice and made the post, maybe show me a build template in gw2skill.net??? With the stats and traits and weapon choices.

My advise is scrap the build and start over, go for hybrid. Build to your specifications and don't be affraid to mix and match. It's a hybrid for a reason.

@Arlette.9684 said:

My advise is scrap the build and start over, go for hybrid. Build to your specifications and don't be affraid to mix and match. It's a hybrid for a reason.

^^^ This 100% There really isn't a set recipe for "Hybrid" it's what works for you and can be heavily customized based on playstyle. Just because I run a certain build and weapons doesn't mean it'll be effective for everyone. You play around with armor stats until you find one you're happy with ( grieving, marauder, caviler, valkyrie, celestial, etc. ). Some players prefer more power, some more condi, some more tanky, some full glass. Generally "hybrid" is around 1850-2200 power and 650-950 condition damage if you want a place to start, +- your preferences.

This is what it looks like just in case you have any doubts about how effective or survive-able "hybrids" are :D @Osicat.4139 has some more videos of a hybrid build in action as well, his playstyle is different than mine but also very effective. Not sure if @"Arlette.9684" has anything to share as well :D.

Mix Roaming:

Duo:

Solo:

Right now I am trying an hybrid gs/staff build and having tons of fun with it.

yeah you were right hybrid is so much more flexible, especially against warriors being full condi they stay 100% health all the fight due to perma resistance... with this build if they are not careful i kill them more easily, even tho it's more high risk because i don't even have 2k armor.protection from chaos traitline and mirage cloaks helps my sustain quite a bit.

@"whoknocks.4935" said:Right now I am trying an hybrid gs/staff build and having tons of fun with it.

yeah you were right hybrid is so much more flexible, especially against warriors being full condi they stay 100% health all the fight due to perma resistance... with this build if they are not careful i kill them more easily, even tho it's more high risk because i don't even have 2k armor.protection from chaos traitline and mirage cloaks helps my sustain quite a bit.

I run Dueling, Chaos, Mirage when I roam. Chaos is also great for added damage VIA https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chaotic_Transference so you can invest some gear pieces into toughness and still maintain decent condition damage overall. If you're pumping out clones like a boss you might also want to look into https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Illusionary_Defense for added surviveability. IMO META builds have their place but I like the idea of build flexability and it's interesting to see people experimenting and discovering other builds that actually work. I'm all for build diversity, things get boring when everyone is running the same builds.

@Syprus Soulslayer.1640 said:

@"whoknocks.4935" said:Right now I am trying an hybrid gs/staff build and having tons of fun with it.

I run Dueling, Chaos, Mirage when I roam. Chaos is also great for added damage VIA
so you can invest some gear pieces into toughness and still maintain decent condition damage overall. If you're pumping out clones like a boss you might also want to look into
for added surviveability. IMO META builds have their place but I like the idea of build flexability and it's interesting to see people experimenting and discovering other builds that actually work. I'm all for build diversity, things get boring when everyone is running the same builds.

What I found so far is this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deceptive_Evasion is a MUST have in almost any build, especially for outnumbers the spawn clone creation is constant and people don't have an easy way to see where you are.If you run something like Ineptitute most of the times you "run out of steam" and you have zero clones and people just track you down and kill you, I escaped from a 1vs4 using line of sight and that trait, and notice I have only 1997 armor with minor bordelands active xD

Sometimes you can even stand still faking to be a clone yourself and you watch people cleaving around because they don't see you xD

Of course against great opponents it's harder, but still possible to do, mind games plays a crucial role to success with this profession.

Seems like you've already got a load of good advice so not much to add.

Certain traits are better with different weapons/playstyle - eg Ineptitude and BD with IH Sword and Illusions synergises well, so DE isn't really needed there.On the flipside DE + Staff + IH synergises well due to might stacking potential through clones (7 might per dodge with food (3+3+1)).DE does allow easy maximisation of shatters which can be useful. Edit - DE with Staff also has good synergy with Illusionary Ambush - allows easier clone generation to maximise IA not only for damage but also potentially increase the time for being retargeted if standing still momentarily (can buy up to a few seconds depending on terrain and rng IA placement).

GS is very good, but bear in mind no native condi application and lacks the defensive utility/mobility of sword, so if playing this make sure to build for stacking power to make the most of it.

Chaos vs Illusions is a toss up of playstyle - difference in ttk, sustain and therefore how you handle situations. Up to you. Inspiration is also a choice but be aware there are sacrifices in doing so and a more significant playstyle change.

I would advise at least some more condi removal other than Jaunt and torch, whether utility skill like mantra, gear (eg sigils) or trait - because mirror match vs a good condi/hybrid mirage, or outnumbered no amount of defensive stats makes up for running out of condi removal.

For the record my (currently below average) roaming build for the last year is in signature, largely unchanged aside from a few tweaks/tests (used to run Signet of Inspiration for swiftness). I'd not recommend it now though because of EM nerf and also having to deal with lack of native 25% (I've got used to it solo and can still creatively gtfo where necessary) - also the only way I can counteract EM nerf is through energy sigils and adventurer rune, both of which could see heavy nerfs on tuesday, maybe to match the pvp versions, so this build could become dysfunctional entirely by then.

Also final advice is do not neglect underwater. IMO hybrid mirage is disgustingly strong underwater and most players don't plan to fight against this, or get disoriented with the extra dimension of movement (edit - tbh it is 5dof due to no roll, only pitch and yaw) together with detargeting, ports and ridiculous stunlock on trident. Master it underwater and when kitten hits the fan always aim to pull fights there where you've got the advantage.Edit - should add, DE helps a lot underwater to always have 3 clones out, as well as traiting staff for traited trident. IA is godlike underwater because if opponents struggle with retargeting on land they really suffer underwater, not to mention instant spear clone teleport into shatter burst, or trident stunlock confusion bomb with the ambush and phantasms.

@Curunen.8729 said:Also final advice is do not neglect underwater. IMO hybrid mirage is disgustingly strong underwater and most players don't plan to fight against this, or get disoriented with the extra dimension of movement (edit - tbh it is 5dof due to no roll, only pitch and yaw) together with detargeting, ports and ridiculous stunlock on trident. Master it underwater and when kitten hits the fan always aim to pull fights there where you've got the advantage.Fun fact: Underwater skills still work above water. So you got a 1200 range AoE knockdown to use against people above water, lol. Pretty much only usable in bay, but still.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Curunen.8729 said:Also final advice is do not neglect underwater. IMO hybrid mirage is disgustingly strong underwater and most players don't plan to fight against this, or get disoriented with the extra dimension of movement (edit - tbh it is 5dof due to no roll, only pitch and yaw) together with detargeting, ports and ridiculous stunlock on trident. Master it underwater and when kitten hits the fan always aim to pull fights there where you've got the advantage.Fun fact: Underwater skills still work above water. So you got a 1200 range AoE knockdown to use against people above water, lol. Pretty much only usable in bay, but still.

Oh yeah I love using trident 5 on people on land. Spear 5 is more difficult due to pbaoe but can be used to cc immediately on transition if being chased. Also handy around SC and ruins (nice juking potential in the waterways) as well as SEC in abl. Other places to pull fights are lake near red keep in eb, moat around green keep in eb and even the small tunnel area near durios, oh and once or twice I've had some fights in the... puddle north of the oasis in desert.

Reminds me of a pvp match years ago on spiritwatch - got broken out of the map and stuck under it which is all water so was trolling people around the orb with trident and spear. xD

@Arlette.9684 said:@Curunen.8729 This is the definition of a wall of text. :lol:It looked smaller when typing lol

@whoknocks.4935 said:Deadeyes are not much of problem, I still didn't get oneshot by any of them who tried to gank me, they either run away or ended up dead.we got to change that, guess i need to transfer back to the upper tiers with an account..one day you will join our ranks, i saw you playin dh, then rev, now mirage.. that clearly looks like you will end up beside me in the shadows :3

with all the hybrid mirages here, i got a question tho. i mean obviously its better than fullcondi as condi can be counterd too easily, but why do you choose to play hybrid over power? the condi part does on paper more damage to high thoughness targets but rather tankier build opponents also run enough condi hate therefor the condi part of the hybrid is mostly negated. so you would again fair better on power. you also dont get a sustain advantage aside from maybe little longer soft CC with expertise. so whats really the reason to play it?

This is the build template I am currently using, I know it's not the usual hybrid with celestial stats, so far it is working pretty nicely, it's not the usual meta with axe or scepter, but combine both elements of power shatter and clone condi generation with staff.

It's more high risk high reward build, as you can see you run with under 2k armor, so protection plays a vital role, and good timed dodges and evade frames.

Kiting with this set is number 1 priority, you almost never wanna melee range with anyone, except probably rangers running longbow, other than that you should be always far at range to your opponent, and since it's not a "pure" oneshot shatter build you don't rely as much into the greatsword2 into blink to your target into shatter F1 into greatsword3.It's better save blink as a defensive tool or when you need to chase down a target, and not as aggressive as in a full zerk build, staff obviously is the condi pressure weapon but also the defensive set which gives you quite a bit of protection and clone generation to stale with your opponent, the main condi burst comes from having 3 clones and use staff ambush, usually the enemy start to panic and random dodge and use lot of resources, you switch to greatsword as a finisher.

I am using false oasis as heal, but i think ether feast is a valid choice too, probably even the manipulation heal traited at 12 seconds cd if you face many projectile opponents.

Here's the build, what u guys think? Traits, stats, etc.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQJARWnELDlphFMDWoBMMjFcjyf9j/6vMAatfx8CChKA-j1RHQBBV9nes/AAeCAQVJoAuEALV53N1F8OIA4zD8/3+//XGgqxA-w> @MUDse.7623 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:Deadeyes are not much of problem, I still didn't get oneshot by any of them who tried to gank me,
they either run away or ended up dead.
we got to change that, guess i need to transfer back to the upper tiers with an account..one day you will join our ranks, i saw you playin dh, then rev, now mirage.. that clearly looks like you will end up beside me in the shadows :3

with all the hybrid mirages here, i got a question tho. i mean obviously its better than fullcondi as condi can be counterd too easily, but why do you choose to play hybrid over power? the condi part does on paper more damage to high thoughness targets but rather tankier build opponents also run enough condi hate therefor the condi part of the hybrid is mostly negated. so you would again fair better on power. you also dont get a sustain advantage aside from maybe little longer soft CC with expertise. so whats really the reason to play it?

Multiclassing a lot yeah, this way having a knowledge how classes works helps me countering them in pure 1vs1s, I played even soulbeast sic em and boonbeast variant.

I think the choice of hybrid is to have a good matchup against any profession.

For example if you are only full zerk power and meet a revenant, he can destroy you easily because revenant is crazy good against power builds, for example counters warrior pretty well.

If you run hybrid with the condis you can pull out you can easily kill that revenant yourself.

Instead if you run full condi and you find a warrior with resistance uptime you are screwed because your condis are ineffective and if you run hybrid the power component helps you a lot dealing and beating warriors.

Nobody while roaming can run a build both good against power and good against condis as well, that's why hybrid shines.

Even playing hybrid condis are our main threat... no build can save you from power and condi at the same time, i think this is the reason.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:Deadeyes are not much of problem, I still didn't get oneshot by any of them who tried to gank me,
we got to change that, guess i need to transfer back to the upper tiers with an account..one day you will join our ranks, i saw you playin dh, then rev, now mirage.. that clearly looks like you will end up beside me in the shadows :3

Mainly to maximise the skills - eg axe skills have max damage potential in hybrid (eg can land 4k+ axe 3, 6k+ F1 and then whatever high confusion ticks, all on low cooldown with multiple follow up attacks to maintain pressure), F2 can do more than tickle (or whatever traited effect like boonstrip), etc. This allows more flexibility - eg if I miss F1 it's no big deal because there's some other damage bomb incoming. Might stacking has more benefit - eg through staff ambush, BD and lining up clones, can make use of sharper images in duelling, vuln has greater impact.

In terms of weapons, GS is better off in pure power, and Sword also, aside from being a utility tool. Scepter, Staff, Axe, Torch and Pistol benefit from pushing both damage types. As a side note this also benefits trident underwater for condi, as well as vuln stacking on spear followed by F1/F2.

Glass power mesmers are almost never an issue in 1v1 vs hybrid - most of the time they miss their bomb, then get put straight on the back foot and run or die. The only time glass power mesmer is really a threat is in groups or outnumbered, where they can freecast - but in that case I usually aim to focus them first.

Difficulties arise in say opponents with pet firebrands, or some extremely defensive bunker builds - where yes on rare occasions it's a case of walking away. But on the flipside they can't do anything to you either.

The bottom line is the opponent is forced to deal with both damage types and can't ignore any potential incoming attack - which while burst is lower, allows for more sustained pressure on lower cooldowns with less significant animation tells (granted any good player should be able to dodge axe 3 by now, for example, unless baited).

@whoknocks.4935 said:This is the build template I am currently using, I know it's not the usual hybrid with celestial stats, so far it is working pretty nicely, it's not the usual meta with axe or scepter, but combine both elements of power shatter and clone condi generation with staff.

It's more high risk high reward build, as you can see you run with under 2k armor, so protection plays a vital role, and good timed dodges and evade frames.

Kiting with this set is number 1 priority, you almost never wanna melee range with anyone, except probably rangers running longbow, other than that you should be always far at range to your opponent, and since it's not a "pure" oneshot shatter build you don't rely as much into the greatsword2 into blink to your target into shatter F1 into greatsword3.It's better save blink as a defensive tool or when you need to chase down a target, and not as aggressive as in a full zerk build, staff obviously is the condi pressure weapon but also the defensive set which gives you quite a bit of protection and clone generation to stale with your opponent, the main condi burst comes from having 3 clones and use staff ambush, usually the enemy start to panic and random dodge and use lot of resources, you switch to greatsword as a finisher.

I am using false oasis as heal, but i think ether feast is a valid choice too, probably even the manipulation heal traited at 12 seconds cd if you face many projectile opponents.

Here's the build, what u guys think? Traits, stats, etc.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQJARWnELDlphFMDWoBMMjFcjyf9j/6vMAatfx8CChKA-j1RHQBBV9nes/AAeCAQVJoAuEALV53N1F8OIA4zD8/3+//XGgqxA-w>

That is a proper yolo glass double ranged hybrid. Not my cup of tea as if you get condi bombed you die, but with proper kiting and aggressive play looks like fast ttk. Do be careful when using signet of midnight if evasive mirror has procced a reflect from evading. Otherwise have fun and let us know how it goes. :)

Edit - for stat maximisation, power infusions with toxic focusing crystals provides more stats vs condi infusions with sharpening stone, assuming having a decent amount of precision. If you've got the currency then worth swapping these out to squeeze out a bit more power and condi damage.

@Curunen.8729 said:

Mainly to maximise the skills - eg axe skills have max damage potential in hybrid (eg can land 4k+ axe 3, 6k+ F1 and then whatever high confusion ticks, all on low cooldown with multiple follow up attacks to maintain pressure), F2 can do more than tickle (or whatever traited effect like boonstrip), etc. This allows more flexibility - eg if I miss F1 it's no big deal because there's some other damage bomb incoming. Might stacking has more benefit - eg through staff ambush, BD and lining up clones, can make use of sharper images in duelling, vuln has greater impact.

In terms of weapons, GS is better off in pure power, and Sword also, aside from being a utility tool. Scepter, Staff, Axe, Torch and Pistol benefit from pushing both damage types. As a side note this also benefits trident underwater for condi, as well as vuln stacking on spear followed by F1/F2.

Glass power mesmers are almost never an issue in 1v1 vs hybrid - most of the time they miss their bomb, then get put straight on the back foot and run or die. The only time glass power mesmer is really a threat is in groups or outnumbered, where they can freecast - but in that case I usually aim to focus them first.

Difficulties arise in say opponents with pet firebrands, or some extremely defensive bunker builds - where yes on rare occasions it's a case of walking away. But on the flipside they can't do anything to you either.

The bottom line is the opponent is forced to deal with both damage types and can't ignore any potential incoming attack - which while burst is lower, allows for more sustained pressure on lower cooldowns with less significant animation tells (granted any good player should be able to dodge axe 3 by now, for example, unless baited).

for me as deadeye fighting hybrid mirages just feels like they are weakest of the 3 options: its as squishy as power and doesnt deal enough damage like condi.while indeed hybrid can maximize their offensive potential, their opponents can aswell use more of theif defensive potential. and considering that it doesnt take too much to recover for most of the roaming builds, i am not sure if sustained pressure is worth trading burst for. i only really see an advantage from hybrid over power against builds with very limited condi cleanse.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@"whoknocks.4935" said:Deadeyes are not much of problem, I still didn't get oneshot by any of them who tried to gank me,

for me as deadeye fighting hybrid mirages just feels like they are weakest of the 3 options: its as squishy as power and doesnt deal enough damage like condi.while indeed hybrid can maximize their offensive potential, their opponents can aswell use more of theif defensive potential. and considering that it doesnt take too much to recover for most of the roaming builds, i am not sure if sustained pressure is worth trading burst for. i only really see an advantage from hybrid over power against builds with very limited condi cleanse.

Well given the only good way to beat high stealth uptime deadeye at the moment is to unload huge burst in a window of opportunity, yes glass power is better in that situation because it has the most up front damage. But a decent jaunt/axe 3 shatter+ etc combo can be sufficiently impactful depending on the situation.In general that's always been the case with thief and mesmer - best way to kill is huge upfront burst (which is the reason why I preferred power in the past).

But aside from game balance issues, hybrid doesn't suffer hugely against most things in 1v1 unless they build ultra defensive, or in the case of deadeye which tbh is a bit of an outlier at the moment. Also bear in mind wvw is full of opponents without enough cleanse - if everyone was ESL level then sure this could be an issue, but most of the time in an outnumbered encounter there will be at least one person unable to handle the damage.

Ultimately "Highlander syndrome" encourages one to build in a way that counters one's own class first, before others, which hybrid does for mesmer. ;)

@Curunen.8729 said:

@"whoknocks.4935" said:Deadeyes are not much of problem, I still didn't get oneshot by any of them who tried to gank me,

Well given the only good way to beat high stealth uptime deadeye at the moment is to unload huge burst in a window of opportunity, yes glass power is better in that situation because it has the most up front damage. But a decent jaunt/axe 3 shatter+ etc combo can be sufficiently impactful depending on the situation.In general that's always been the case with thief and mesmer - best way to kill is huge upfront burst (which is the reason why I preferred power in the past).

But aside from game balance issues, hybrid doesn't suffer hugely against most things in 1v1 unless they build ultra defensive, or in the case of deadeye which tbh is a bit of an outlier at the moment. Also bear in mind wvw is full of opponents without enough cleanse - if everyone was ESL level then sure this could be an issue, but most of the time in an outnumbered encounter there will be at least one person unable to handle the damage.

Ultimately "Highlander syndrome" encourages one to build in a way that counters one's own class first, before others, which hybrid does for mesmer. ;)

What he said, pretty much.I just wanted to add for @MUDse.7623 : On paper was the keynote. As a hybrid you maximize Might for both its power and condition damage.

@MUDse.7623You have less problems dealing with hybrid mirages because they usually give up toughness stats and they are squishier than full condi trailblazers mirages, but a bit more tanky than power shatter zerk mirages.

Overall a deadeye should never die in any scenario against any kind of mesmer, talking of same exactly skill level between the two players.

Like for example S/D thief is the pure counter to mirages.Overall core daredevil and deadeyes deal pretty easily with mesmers.

Full trailblazers cannot be oneshot if they are aware, you will never kill them with rifle, rifle is easy to dodge and almost everyone use the reflect trait, dagger, running shadow arts condis won't be a big deal unless you mess up terribly.

So the choices to go hybrid is to have more favourable matchup, a class good against power, you kill that with condi, a class good against condis you kill that with power, this is my explaination.

@MUDse.7623Edit: i just had a 1vs1 with a pretty good weaver, I opened up with staff and condis and we was able to cleanse them pretty easily, and if i didn't have greatsword and power too I was never able to kill him, if I were only power as well i didn't have any chances or the defensive tools which staffs provided me, he had to cleanse the condis instead of going full on mode with me if i were only power or only condi in this scenario the fight was probably a stalemate or a win for him, thanks to hybrid I won.

Going hybrid you don't have the oneshot power of a full zerk build and you don't have the condi burst or sustain of a trailblazer/dire mirage, but having both you got versatility.

Archived