New Marked! debuff

Bezerker.2379

@Bezerker.2379 said:

@"XECOR.2814" said:So much salt here while people are having no problem in wvw and overall gameplay quality has increased as you can escape perma stealth deadeye now. No matter how much thief players cry, this was needed and anet did the right thing introducing this. Stealth needed counter and it got the right one. Now maybe its time thief players will start thinking instead of stacking stealth against players who are using 120% of their brain to avoid burst from stealth and escape a deadeye.

Stealth needed a counter, hands down, but I can't even go near sentries if there are groups there.

Last night I was hunting someone in desert BL. (Collecting bounties). He just started standing near a sentry. If I got too close, I wound up getting marked and destealthed before I even got close enough to fire a shot. (Mark range > rifle range?)

You are right. We needed a counter. And though I wish it was more of an active method than mark (It's really dumb not being able to restealth up for 28s after killing a sentry because of the debuff even though I two shot the sentry... which is actually harder to do now because of reveal spam), I am ok with this being "the way". It does provide an interesting counter and make sentries actually decent and worth having. I DO take issue with the 2s duration though. If it's meant to stop perma stealth, 6 or 8 seconds makes sense. I have an entire trait line dedicated to "every x seconds, do something in stealth". I have no ability that gives me less than 3s stealth. It's just too short.

first world Problems. other classes also cant go near sentries
when there are Groups
because they also would die because These classes never had invis. in that case you have to find another target if the Group is too great for you. what do you think? that killing 1 Person inside of a Group should be easy? what you have to handle now is the game experience for all others since 6 years. and there are still non thiefes in game, so i think its possible to do that.

and the new marked on for example with 3 seconds would due to that you can again perma Stealthing. using 1 Stealth ability and exactly when it runs out you press the next. if you time it properly you are Maybe visible for 0,1 sec. your opponents would still be not able to cast skills that Need a target and would still not be able to fight thiefes that are not stacking but chaining their invis for perma invis.

the Animation of target painter trap is the same like siege disabler. and since People are able to use bubbles against that you should also be able to see the Animation if someone throughs it to you and dodge it by using your infinity numbers of teleports. this target painter has 40 sec cd. so if you teleport fast enough to not get the hit from it you can easily fight.

? First world problems. Other classes can indeed go near sentries when there are groups around. On my warrior, I ignore the mark, go into the group of 2 or 3, and just go ham. Sustain + full counters, balanced endure pains, and kiting gives me everything I need. I don't lose any ability by being marked, other than being detected.

On my thief, I don't have that sustain. I mean, I do, it's an entire trait line called "Shadow Arts". Oh. Wait. I can't use that. :)

Again, it's workable, but it's pretty extreme in comparison to some other classes counters. It needs some tuning. 6 or 8 seconds does exactly what it planned to do (Stop permastealthing inside keeps) and that's that.

6-8 seconds are way too much, current System is better. you still have enough time to Stealth and start your Stealth attack WHEN you are marked. it is still easy for thiefes to not get marked.

i roam since years as necro and i also cant get where i want. if i am able to do that i am very sure everyone of you is also.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Zero.3871 said:

@"XECOR.2814" said:So much salt here while people are having no problem in wvw and overall gameplay quality has increased as you can escape perma stealth deadeye now. No matter how much thief players cry, this was needed and anet did the right thing introducing this. Stealth needed counter and it got the right one. Now maybe its time thief players will start thinking instead of stacking stealth against players who are using 120% of their brain to avoid burst from stealth and escape a deadeye.

Stealth needed a counter, hands down, but I can't even go near sentries if there are groups there.

Last night I was hunting someone in desert BL. (Collecting bounties). He just started standing near a sentry. If I got too close, I wound up getting marked and destealthed before I even got close enough to fire a shot. (Mark range > rifle range?)

You are right. We needed a counter. And though I wish it was more of an active method than mark (It's really dumb not being able to restealth up for 28s after killing a sentry because of the debuff even though I two shot the sentry... which is actually harder to do now because of reveal spam), I am ok with this being "the way". It does provide an interesting counter and make sentries actually decent and worth having. I DO take issue with the 2s duration though. If it's meant to stop perma stealth, 6 or 8 seconds makes sense. I have an entire trait line dedicated to "every x seconds, do something in stealth". I have no ability that gives me less than 3s stealth. It's just too short.

when there are Groups
because they also would die because These classes never had invis. in that case you have to find another target if the Group is too great for you. what do you think? that killing 1 Person inside of a Group should be easy? what you have to handle now is the game experience for all others since 6 years. and there are still non thiefes in game, so i think its possible to do that.

and the new marked on for example with 3 seconds would due to that you can again perma Stealthing. using 1 Stealth ability and exactly when it runs out you press the next. if you time it properly you are Maybe visible for 0,1 sec. your opponents would still be not able to cast skills that Need a target and would still not be able to fight thiefes that are not stacking but chaining their invis for perma invis.

the Animation of target painter trap is the same like siege disabler. and since People are able to use bubbles against that you should also be able to see the Animation if someone throughs it to you and dodge it by using your infinity numbers of teleports. this target painter has 40 sec cd. so if you teleport fast enough to not get the hit from it you can easily fight.

? First world problems. Other classes can indeed go near sentries when there are groups around. On my warrior, I ignore the mark, go into the group of 2 or 3, and just go ham. Sustain + full counters, balanced endure pains, and kiting gives me everything I need. I don't lose any ability by being marked, other than being detected.

On my thief, I don't have that sustain. I mean, I do, it's an entire trait line called "Shadow Arts". Oh. Wait. I can't use that. :)

Again, it's workable, but it's pretty extreme in comparison to some other classes counters. It needs some tuning. 6 or 8 seconds does exactly what it planned to do (Stop permastealthing inside keeps) and that's that.

6-8 seconds are way too much, current System is better. you still have enough time to Stealth and start your Stealth attack WHEN you are marked. it is still easy for thiefes to not get marked.

i roam since years as necro and i also cant get where i want. if i am able to do that i am very sure everyone of you is also.

2 seconds is definitely not enough, as so far, at least in testing, it's possible to run without swiftness away from the direction i stealth in and avoid me long enough to avoid the backstab. Outside of marked, its insanely broken.

That said, let's not forget too, i have an entire traitline built around "every 3 seconds in stealth do foo" ....

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:Welcome to the world of every other class.

You must be very, very bad with all classes to reach this conclusion.Of course I am bad at most of them, I only pick the one I'm good with that can assault a tower without stealthing. You?

My case does not concern you.You admit to being bad, so please stop distilling your advice.

@Bezerker.2379 said:

when there are Groups

2 seconds is definitely not enough, as so far, at least in testing, it's possible to run without swiftness away from the direction i stealth in and avoid me long enough to avoid the backstab. Outside of marked, its insanely broken.

That said, let's not forget too, i have an entire traitline built around "every 3 seconds in stealth do foo" ....

i think it is not easy to find the optimal timer for that. zero has a good point here because when the timer is a little too long, then this change would be a BUFF to permastealth deadeye instead of a nerf. the old traps allways applied instant 30s reveal, sure you could cleanse it but as the opponent knew where you appear, it was easier interrupted. you also run into trouble when your out of elite charges and trigger a trap, that 30s was insane compared to the now 5s. so imagine they make it like some asked every 10s. that means i trigger the trap and by the time i get visible i am so far away that till my opponents reach me, i can restealth - no elite needed. and i can trigger as many traps as i want.but yeah 2s make it very hard to apply a backstab without teleport.

Just another thief nerf, thief is one of the classes that cant be played in zerg vs zerg, but it was good for solo roaming, and for spawn camping and now we lost this ability too, after a 2 months break i came back to play a little bit after like 5 hours this game proved to me again that its not worth playing, people here cry about sentries, and what about watchtowers?, i was fighting good 5vs2 but but oh w8 i got too close to tower well your bad, u know this buff could be reasonable but gw2 is not eso you step out of a keep/tower and after like 6 seconds you are in another.....

Great change, has been needed for far too long. Stealth is an absolute BS gimmick that doesn't belong in competitive gaming. It has been unbalanced and broken for too long, and there has never been reliable counterplay, and it has always been heavily abused and used as a crutch for lazy players.

@"kop.8724" said:To ANET:How can you create this "marked" thing, this is ruining the thief gameplay...

I am going to play BFV very soon. Allways nerfing stealth, at the end it is too much.... And I am tired!

What? Can you not play both games? Would a FPS like BFV really entertain you for the same length of gaming sessions as an MMO like GW2? Why is there always some sudden mindset of "I can only play one game this month" every time X gets changed or Y gets nerfed? I'm currently playing GW2 as well as: BFV, Echo Combat, Bloodborne, and Ni No Kuni 2 (highly recommend this one if you liked FFXV)

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Bern.9613" said:Now that revealed for 30 secs has been introduced, can we have a trap and a trcik that stops all regens for 30 secs as well?

How about a trap that stops all range attacks for 30 sec as well?or a trap that stops all AoE fields?or just make a trap truce for 30 sec so nobody does anything.....You know its not 30s right? Its 5. And coincidently, there are
tons
of skills that block, evade, invouln, reflect, immune to condi etc for that long time. And yes, even reduce the effectivness of regen. Its called poison.

I find that kind of argument quite hilarious thieves seem to argue "well what if you had this" with things that we have "suffered" since launch.

Sentry debuff is 30 sec.The surveillance balloons, it's infinite when we are in the area, disappears instantly when we leave.With the debuff, your invisibility can't be more than 2 sec, and you have 5 sec after that to get another 2 sec.

It is not possible to fight in DE with this debuff.... So? It takes a DE less than 5s to be 10,000 units away and clear of the area. If you are forced to fight under the balloon and loose because you cant permastealth, you're either in the wrong place or you brought the wrong class to assault a tower.

Welcome to the world of every other class.

Dear Dawdler,SS+2xDR+4s of running stealthed = 3620 units traveled.Sincerely,Anti-Hyperbole Brigade:D

@Menyus.4610 said:Just another thief nerf, thief is one of the classes that cant be played in zerg vs zerg, but it was good for solo roaming, and for spawn camping and now we lost this ability too, after a 2 months break i came back to play a little bit after like 5 hours this game proved to me again that its not worth playing, people here cry about sentries, and what about watchtowers?, i was fighting good 5vs2 but but oh w8 i got too close to tower well your bad, u know this buff could be reasonable but gw2 is not eso you step out of a keep/tower and after like 6 seconds you are in another.....

dunno what you're talking about, still can do all of the above. and yes the acro/daredevil staff thief is used in a lot of zergs/guild grps.

@Turk.5460 said:

@"Bern.9613" said:Now that revealed for 30 secs has been introduced, can we have a trap and a trcik that stops all regens for 30 secs as well?

How about a trap that stops all range attacks for 30 sec as well?or a trap that stops all AoE fields?or just make a trap truce for 30 sec so nobody does anything.....You know its not 30s right? Its 5. And coincidently, there are
tons
of skills that block, evade, invouln, reflect, immune to condi etc for that long time. And yes, even reduce the effectivness of regen. Its called poison.

I find that kind of argument quite hilarious thieves seem to argue "well what if you had this" with things that we have "suffered" since launch.

Sentry debuff is 30 sec.The surveillance balloons, it's infinite when we are in the area, disappears instantly when we leave.With the debuff, your invisibility can't be more than 2 sec, and you have 5 sec after that to get another 2 sec.

It is not possible to fight in DE with this debuff.... So? It takes a DE less than 5s to be 10,000 units away and clear of the area. If you are forced to fight under the balloon and loose because you cant permastealth, you're either in the wrong place or you brought the wrong class to assault a tower.

Dear Dawdler,SS+2xDR+4s of running stealthed = 3620 units traveled.Sincerely,Anti-Hyperbole Brigade:D

one 'lucky' shadow trap = 10k range :3but guess yours is more realistic..

@Duckota.4769 said:If you played a real spec like core s/d you'd be > @XECOR.2814 said:They put counter to stealth in wvw and thieves are mad. What a surprise.

Considering our only defense is stealth and evades yeah kinda frustrated. Now essentially you gotta play s/d which is just as much cheese as deadeye, but people dont realize that cause they can see you.

Dont get me wrong perma stealth is bad for the game, but two seconds is a little short, that second can be the difference from hitting a critical backstab from the back or wasting it on the front and hitting for less that an auto cause dagger hits like a wet noodle anyway.

@MUDse.7623 said:

tons

one 'lucky' shadow trap = 10k range :3but guess yours is more realistic..

I'm here to escape realism.

@myboybuzzy.5809 said:

@Duckota.4769 said:If you played a real spec like core s/d you'd be > @XECOR.2814 said:They put counter to stealth in wvw and thieves are mad. What a surprise.

Considering our only defense is stealth and evades yeah kinda frustrated. Now essentially you gotta play s/d which is just as much cheese as deadeye, but people dont realize that cause they can see you.

Dont get me wrong perma stealth is bad for the game, but two seconds is a little short, that second can be the difference from hitting a critical backstab from the back or wasting it on the front and hitting for less that an auto cause dagger hits like a wet noodle anyway.

2secs near sentry and towers only. You can still stack perma stealth everywhere else. Thief gameplay have changed a lot in wvw with this but you dont understand you were in easy mode before and now youre in normal mode wvw atleast. Btw dagger hits for a lot. Not everyone can play s/d and its much less cheese because people can see them and most importantly target them thus having counterplay. I too think they should make it 3secs because many skills give 3 sec stealth which are useless right now. But nothing more than that.

@XECOR.2814 said:

2secs near sentry and towers only. You can still stack perma stealth everywhere else. Thief gameplay have changed a lot in wvw with this but you dont understand you were in easy mode before and now youre in normal mode wvw atleast. Btw dagger hits for a lot. Not everyone can play s/d and its much less cheese because people can see them and most importantly target them thus having counterplay. I too think they should make it 3secs because many skills give 3 sec stealth which are useless right now. But nothing more than that.

getting carried by IR is not cheese at all :3

@MUDse.7623 said:

Some of us who play s/d do not use either IR or DS.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

did i say that EVERY s/d thief does that? are you going to deny that most acro thieves in WvW run IR and run away when it triggers to come back only when its ready?

@MUDse.7623 said:

did i say that EVERY s/d thief does that? are you going to deny that most acro thieves in WvW run IR and run away when it triggers to come back only when its ready?

Yes, because they also use ds first before running off

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

Yes, because they also use ds first before running off

right because that makes it better :3

Here the thing is devs are giving a big benefit to those players without fingers to play, all the other classes have counter skills, invulnerability, aoe skills, block skills, big regeneration, inifinite boons builds, stealth, and many other good utilities.Skilled players can take down DE without any game help like this 30 sec debuff.So im waiting on my DE / thief builds for a big annet rework.No one of those who complain about stealth mechanics is talking about run on a power build with 11.5 -13k hp, without any toughness.Their are sitting in ministrel 30k hp builds crying for a Tag at any hour leaving real fighters waiting out of wvw EBG system.

Using a nuke to fix a pothole.Target painter broke the game Instead of fixing a small problem that needed a small fix. A simple reduction to stealth time or increasing the reveal between stealth time and removing the negation of reveal on Shadow Meld is all that was needed.

@Mokk.2397 said:Using a nuke to fix a pothole.Target painter broke the game Instead of fixing a small problem that needed a small fix. A simple reduction to stealth time or increasing the reveal between stealth time and removing the negation of reveal on Shadow Meld is all that was needed.

I would have been fine with that but they just had to fire off that nuke to make sure anyone who thought about roaming would either die more often or just not play anymore.

Archived