Any Rune/Sigil Changes Peak Interest?

omgdracula.6345

Excited to test Celerity Sigil in conjunction with Strength Runes on my normal build of DA/Trick/DE. Celerity for the Marks with SoH, Strength runes for the more reliable continuous +5% damage. Other Sigil on Rifle will probably still be Force, though tempted to swap to Strength Sigil - the duration + frequency adds up to a hefty amount of power that I normally wouldn't have. Just have to figure out how much might = 5% damage. May have to adjust armor for more Ferocity to make up for lost stats on Scholar runes.

• Sigil of Air and Fire will give Hidden Killer a good burst damage boost - not sure if this is a good thing given the amount of DE complaints about one-shot kills.

• Sigil of Ice and Nullification are perfect for my S/D build.

• Sigil of Rending might be over tuned. That's just too strong.

• Adventurer and Elementalist rune looks good for my hybrid.

• Dolyak and Guardian runes are toxic. That's a broken amount of toughness, +300, really? They think that Thief is hard to kill then. Now will be impossible. Time to troll WvW.

• Infiltration rune is a good rune for my stealth build. Vigor on stealth so I can extend stealth by dodging. Toxic but I love it.

• Scholar is still best in slot for power build.

• Thorns is still best in slot for condition damage build, but Undead looks good too.

• Trapper just got better for my condition build.

@"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:

• Sigil of Air and Fire will give Hidden Killer a good burst damage boost - not sure if this is a good thing given the amount of DE complaints about one-shot kills.but sigils of air fire and blood cannot critically hit so no synergy with hidden killer, unless the dead eye runs full valkyrie.

Tbh the best rune for thief is still scholar, especially now that it gives 125 ferocity regardless of your hp. Overall it gives more consistent damage than before and more burst damage when the 5% mod is active.

Rune of the mirage is interesting on condi daredevil, especially if you go the rout of sword / pistol and trait for torment on interrupts as well as pi with carion gear: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsaVn8lClOhdOBGmC0PhFYCz7LsoaDzhwTYKULBEAKAA-j1BhAB3u/AA6DWS5HjPAgOU/JWlgTeCACAgAYmzcmzcmzsycmzcmzcmzcmzcmlCwPdaA-wThe only down side is lack of swiftness which is why i slotted in signet of my legs move faster, but this is only a theory craft. also the editor is not updated yet.

@"foste.3098" said:Rune of the mirage is interesting on condi daredevil, especially if you go the rout of sword / pistol and trait for torment on interrupts as well as pi with carion gear: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsaVn8lClOhdOBGmC0PhFYCz7LsoaDzhwTYKULBEAKAA-j1BhAB3u/AA6DWS5HjPAgOU/JWlgTeCACAgAYmzcmzcmzsycmzcmzcmzcmzcmlCwPdaA-wThe only down side is lack of swiftness which is why i slotted in signet of my legs move faster, but this is only a theory craft. also the editor is not updated yet.

I was messing with that earlier, it feels like the mirage runes torment on evade effect has a 10s icd from playing it. I'm not sure if that's worth it over tormenting runes with the new torment sigil for S/P yet, but I'll test it a bit more later.Edit; tormenting runes are significantly better than mirage now, as the heath added on torment is really strong with malicious pistol sneak attacks due to the lack of icd.

Has anyone tried the new runes of speed? I was thinking of possibly using them over durability in some builds for the movement speed buff, if it's significant enough. I can't say I notice much difference yet tho.

@foste.3098 said:

@"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:
  • Sigil of Air and Fire will give Hidden Killer a good burst damage boost - not sure if this is a good thing given the amount of DE complaints about one-shot kills.but sigils of air fire and blood cannot critically hit so no synergy with hidden killer, unless the dead eye runs full valkyrie.

Hidden Killer will simply trigger them 100% of a time compared to before. That is a boost regardless if they crit or not.

If the wiki is to be believe, these sigils' damage will also scale on Malice stacks.

Tbh the best rune for thief is still scholar, especially now that it gives 125 ferocity regardless of your hp. Overall it gives more consistent damage than before and more burst damage when the 5% mod is active.

Yes. Then add the damage from Sigil air and fire, which I believe will scale with the 5% damage increase.

Rune of the mirage is interesting on condi daredevil, especially if you go the rout of sword / pistol and trait for torment on interrupts as well as pi with carion gear: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsaVn8lClOhdOBGmC0PhFYCz7LsoaDzhwTYKULBEAKAA-j1BhAB3u/AA6DWS5HjPAgOU/JWlgTeCACAgAYmzcmzcmzsycmzcmzcmzcmzcmlCwPdaA-w

If you're going for the Condi+Toughness route, Undead is better than Mirage.

The new Runes of the Eagle are very competitive with Runes of the Scholar in a power build. While you lose out on power it made up for with 10 percent more damage after enemy at 50 percent health, and he Ferocity the same. Burst damage should be higher then Scholar when the 6 bonus active.

One question if any know the answer and this on the "when you kill a foe" type rune. Does anyone know if this means that the person wearing such runes must make the kill for the bonus or did that person only have to participate in the kill?

@"babazhook.6805" said:The new Runes of the Eagle are very competitive with Runes of the Scholar in a power build. While you lose out on power it made up for with 10 percent more damage after enemy at 50 percent health, and he Ferocity the same. Burst damage should be higher then Scholar when the 6 bonus active.

One question if any know the answer and this on the "when you kill a foe" type rune. Does anyone know if this means that the person wearing such runes must make the kill for the bonus or did that person only have to participate in the kill?

usually it allways has been about participation, but could test it with the new effects.

Feedback Rune of Tormenting.

Used in my P/d condition build so I did not change out to it. The #6 bonus seems to add around 500 health base. This does not seem to fluctuate with #of stacks so p/d #3 torment add will get you around 500 health as will any other torment add. This translates to around 2000 heal off the venom. In theory if you added to leeching you could get around 900 heal per strike off the venom with no healing. There does not appear to be an ICD.

If traiting stealth with Shadows Rejuv you can build some nice heal sustain between your regular heals.

EDIT; After reading another thread on this I tested further as apparently there a bug that gave me false readings. The base heal is much lower but is being applied to all condition applications. In my tests I tended to have multiple venoms loaded so if I was using p #1 was getting three kickins. If uyou do a SINGULAR load of torment without any other conditions added you get around +150.

I tried the Severance/celerity Combo in my s/p build. This build is DE/acro/tr. Scorpion wire traited.

Try it out it a blast. You can easily trait up M7 now instead of BqoBk. SW is two added interrupts with a pull and cleanse in under 20 seconds. With SOH and the PW there a whole lot of interrupts going on and you get the sweet kickin of INI on Mali 7. Great combo for s/p.

@babazhook.6805 said:I tried the Severance/celerity Combo in my s/p build. This build is DE/acro/tr. Scorpion wire traited.

Try it out it a blast. You can easily trait up M7 now instead of BqoBk. SW is two added interrupts with a pull and cleanse in under 20 seconds. With SOH and the PW there a whole lot of interrupts going on and you get the sweet kickin of INI on Mali 7. Great combo for s/p.

Aww yeah, this does sound fun, will try later.

@"babazhook.6805" said:The new Runes of the Eagle are very competitive with Runes of the Scholar in a power build. While you lose out on power it made up for with 10 percent more damage after enemy at 50 percent health, and he Ferocity the same. Burst damage should be higher then Scholar when the 6 bonus active.

I also think eagle rune could be handy but i think spiking enemy from full health is more important than finishing low health ones. I guess rune of speed can be useful that S/D thief can be able to stick to their target and AA more easily.

@bennypig.6428 said:

I also think eagle rune could be handy but i think spiking enemy from full health is more important than finishing low health ones. I guess rune of speed can be useful that S/D thief can be able to stick to their target and AA more easily.

I think whether scholar used over eagle depends on the way you fight. As example I find if I am building malice for either a big DJ or malicous backstab , the skills I use prior will ensure health <50 percent meaning by time you get malice full you get the Eagle 10 percent kickin. It also a bit easier to get followup attacks if that initial misses for some reason while getting that 10 percent bonus IE he at 50 percent or less dodges the dj you followup with another DJ. Mid fight I would also prefer to pressure an enemy into using a heal to get back over 50 percent then to use my own heal to get back over 90. 5 percent on the scholar is tied to having 90 percent health and while it true this should be there when you open an engagement it not always there after the fight starts.

@babazhook.6805 said:I tried the Severance/celerity Combo in my s/p build. This build is DE/acro/tr. Scorpion wire traited.

I've been using Scorpion Wire for awhile now anyway since I have a lot of fun with it on my underwater build, it's nice when a patch throws you a bone once in awhile. I like that combo also, Severance had been nice already but the synergy now with with new slot items and gear/traits/stats frees up a few builds, some of the sustain options are crazy though.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@Mavec.7469 said:Speed for the 66% swiftnessThis bonus doesn't work. I tried it with someone that just has the normal 33%. Ran with autowalk on a straight path. Same speed

It does work,especially noticable in combat.

Do have to add im not running any passive speed boosts.

its still confusing tho. when using the rune the tooltips of your skills applying swiftness will state 99%, the buff itself will state 33%. i used it a bit on my ranger earlier, pretty easy to stay at range with that. got to try it on reaper too.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@Mavec.7469 said:Speed for the 66% swiftnessThis bonus doesn't work. I tried it with someone that just has the normal 33%. Ran with autowalk on a straight path. Same speed

It does work,especially noticable in combat.

Do have to add im not running any passive speed boosts.

its still confusing tho. when using the rune the tooltips of your skills applying swiftness will state 99%, the buff itself will state 33%. i used it a bit on my ranger earlier, pretty easy to stay at range with that. got to try it on reaper too.

I was chasing a Ranger last night and he just made me eat dust. I was suspecting this rune.

@kash.9213 said:

I've been using Scorpion Wire for awhile now anyway since I have a lot of fun with it on my underwater build, it's nice when a patch throws you a bone once in awhile. I like that combo also, Severance had been nice already but the synergy now with with new slot items and gear/traits/stats frees up a few builds, some of the sustain options are crazy though.

I've ended up using celerity on rifle to set up a quickness spike with binding shadows tbh, seems to work well in longer fights once you've used bqobk spikes to waste a few cd's with S/P and starting the fight with 10s+ of quickness just from mark is excellent. I like the extra precision from bqobk and severance sigil tho, pretty sure the extra 20% crit chance from that outdamages M7 over time with more frequent 12-15k pistol whips.

Archived