Any Rune/Sigil Changes Peak Interest?

omgdracula.6345

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@babazhook.6805 said:I tried the Severance/celerity Combo in my s/p build. This build is DE/acro/tr. Scorpion wire traited.

Try it out it a blast. You can easily trait up M7 now instead of BqoBk. SW is two added interrupts with a pull and cleanse in under 20 seconds. With SOH and the PW there a whole lot of interrupts going on and you get the sweet kickin of INI on Mali 7. Great combo for s/p.

I've been using Scorpion Wire for awhile now anyway since I have a lot of fun with it on my underwater build, it's nice when a patch throws you a bone once in awhile. I like that combo also, Severance had been nice already but the synergy now with with new slot items and gear/traits/stats frees up a few builds, some of the sustain options are crazy though.

I've ended up using celerity on rifle to set up a quickness spike with binding shadows tbh, seems to work well in longer fights once you've used bqobk spikes to waste a few cd's with S/P and starting the fight with 10s+ of quickness just from mark is excellent. I like the extra precision from bqobk and severance sigil tho, pretty sure the extra 20% crit chance from that outdamages M7 over time with more frequent 12-15k pistol whips.

I'm likely to take Celerity sigil and BQoBK together because that sounds like not as much work as other choices maybe, along with Severance that's a tight combo of stats and effects.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@babazhook.6805 said:I tried the Severance/celerity Combo in my s/p build. This build is DE/acro/tr. Scorpion wire traited.

Try it out it a blast. You can easily trait up M7 now instead of BqoBk. SW is two added interrupts with a pull and cleanse in under 20 seconds. With SOH and the PW there a whole lot of interrupts going on and you get the sweet kickin of INI on Mali 7. Great combo for s/p.

I've been using Scorpion Wire for awhile now anyway since I have a lot of fun with it on my underwater build, it's nice when a patch throws you a bone once in awhile. I like that combo also, Severance had been nice already but the synergy now with with new slot items and gear/traits/stats frees up a few builds, some of the sustain options are crazy though.

I've ended up using celerity on rifle to set up a quickness spike with binding shadows tbh, seems to work well in longer fights once you've used bqobk spikes to waste a few cd's with S/P and starting the fight with 10s+ of quickness just from mark is excellent. I like the extra precision from bqobk and severance sigil tho, pretty sure the extra 20% crit chance from that outdamages M7 over time with more frequent 12-15k pistol whips.

Given I have a High Boon duration build I am not so concerned about the quickness oof Bqobk. The boon load from Mali 7 includes fury/swiftness along with 10 migh stacks which last long onto the next mali 7 load. While I do use rifle as the second weapon I am not using stealth on dodge trait prefering premed as I sually have 6+ boons. The power of the Might from mali 7 is better than the power add off the Bqobk and my precision already pushes 90 percent. (with always on fury pluse severance kick in)

I do dump Malice and that +7 INI from a mali 7 kick in puts it over the top.

My quickness sources are celerity , Burst of agility and Haste which doubles as condition cleanse and stunbreak giving me 9secs plus 11secs plus 11 secs every 24 seconds so BqoBk becomes redundant.

@babazhook.6805 said:

Given I have a High Boon duration build I am not so concerned about the quickness oof Bqobk. The boon load from Mali 7 includes fury/swiftness along with 10 migh stacks which last long onto the next mali 7 load. While I do use rifle as the second weapon I am not using stealth on dodge trait prefering premed as I sually have 6+ boons. The power of the Might from mali 7 is better than the power add off the Bqobk and my precision already pushes 90 percent. (with always on fury pluse severance kick in)

My quickness sources are celerity , Burst of agility and Haste which doubles as condition cleanse and stunbreak giving me 9secs plus 11secs plus 11 secs every 24 seconds so BqoBk becomes redundant.

That's a pretty good point actually, I was using thrill of the crime still as I prefer how the boons from that and bqobk are more deliberate than burst of agility so it's easier to time with when I try to burst something. I'll try it your way later today.

I'm using mercy over haste, gives me up to 10 ini back which I find great for following up a knockdown and DJ with multiple three round burst uses at range and a second quickness spike which is pretty strong combined with swindler's equilibrium. I like that with the new scholar runes and absorption sigil which really pack a punch for this build, the amount of boonsteal between absorption sigil with S/P, bountiful theft (reset by swindlers equilibrium and mercy) and binding shadow is pretty absurd at the moment and really messes up a few builds I would otherwise struggle with. I guess we get similar things from our builds just in different ways.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

That's a pretty good point actually, I was using thrill of the crime still as I prefer how the boons from that and bqobk are more deliberate than burst of agility so it's easier to time with when I try to burst something. I'll try it your way later today.

I'm using mercy over haste, gives me up to 10 ini back which I find great for following up a knockdown and DJ with multiple three round burst uses at range and a second quickness spike which is pretty strong combined with swindler's equilibrium. I like that with the new scholar runes and absorption sigil which really pack a punch for this build, the amount of boonsteal between absorption sigil with S/P, bountiful theft (reset by swindlers equilibrium and mercy) and binding shadow is pretty absurd at the moment and really messes up a few builds I would otherwise struggle with. I guess we get similar things from our builds just in different ways.

A lot depends on how long you spend in each weapon. Rifle in my build is purely support and I am in it rarely. I find a port to woth quickness on and a followup PW while the guy stunned and still immobbed just more effective then a DJ which so many can dodge. When I want a mali dump I want it on the S#1 attack rather then the DJ as while the DJ mali dump only allows extra damage (all of which can be dodged with a single key) the sword Mali dump gives blind/daze vuln add and ENdurance all at once and is much harder to dodge. It true that the enemy can block or dodge that attack from stealth but I find they do not do that as much as they dodge a DJ and given I am running quickness near full time their timing has to be very good to avoid such an attack.

@babazhook.6805 said:

A lot depends on how long you spend in each weapon. Rifle in my build is purely support and I am in it rarely. I find a port to woth quickness on and a followup PW while the guy stunned and still immobbed just more effective then a DJ which so many can dodge. When I want a mali dump I want it on the S#1 attack rather then the DJ as while the DJ mali dump only allows extra damage (all of which can be dodged with a single key) the sword Mali dump gives blind/daze vuln add and ENdurance all at once and is much harder to dodge. It true that the enemy can block or dodge that attack from stealth but I find they do not do that as much as they dodge a DJ and given I am running quickness near full time their timing has to be very good to avoid such an attack.

I tend to use rifle and S/P pretty evenly, depends how much malice I have and what I'm facing tho. I usually start with rifle and only go to S/P once on max malice, and keep it there for the stealth from stolen skills with one in the chamber. Between mark, swindler's equilibrium, mercy, binding shadows and shadow meld I get a lot of stolen items, which on max malice translates to a lot of stealth procs on S/P which is extremely useful for repositioning esp vs things like mirage. I use rifle to build malice, juke with stealth, outrange things I really shouldn't be standing next to and spike when I know celerity is off cooldown; binding shadows > DJ > three round burst spam with max malice and guaranteed quickness is devastating if timed right.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

I tend to use rifle and S/P pretty evenly, depends how much malice I have and what I'm facing tho. I usually start with rifle and only go to S/P once on max malice, and keep it there for the stealth from stolen skills with one in the chamber. Between mark, swindler's equilibrium, mercy, binding shadows and shadow meld I get a lot of stolen items, which on max malice translates to a lot of stealth procs on S/P which is extremely useful for repositioning esp vs things like mirage. I use rifle to build malice, juke with stealth, outrange things I really shouldn't be standing next to and spike when I know celerity is off cooldown; binding shadows > DJ > three round burst spam with max malice and guaranteed quickness is devastating if timed right.

Both sound strategies. I do have a second DE that rifle focused and this s/p build used to use p/p off hand until the recent changes. I would like to see some changes to p/p so I can go back so the builds play differently as possible. I like how s/p plays against a LB ranger as compared to rifle finding it has more success due to the port to and pull I get off the SW.

I like M7 but with the little time I get after work I crash right into the big fights like an idiot and packing stuff like BQoBK(power/precision),Malicious Intent,Rending Shade, and Sleight of Hand into a quick Death's Judgement puts more upfront with some reset. I try to reduce the chance of my Mark peeling away around their blob, although I do appreciate that you can still use Stolen item stealth at 5 malice with M7. Any of that's going to change often though depending on how I'm adjusting my health and other resource pools in response to how proficiently I get my ass kicked.

I could use Celerity with M7 but I found that slightly longer quickness duration gave me a better window to pull, stop, and down someone.

@babazhook.6805 said:I pulled an old Condition build out of the Closet to try i with anti-toxin runes. Those Runes are very effective on thief .two cleanses on an EA , two on the use of a SW , two +1 on a sword port via infiltrators. Used in combination you can shut down a pile of condition builds.

This rune set single-handedly makes P/D good to run again (u can take DA + Trickery + DD and still get decent condi removal with a lot of pressure on your end). Shame if it'll get hit with the nerf bat. I shudder to think what a Mirage can do with these things tho.

Archived