Cant use any Guaranteed Unlocks....

Natas.6714

According to the release notes the Guaranteed Unlocks were updated with over 600 items.

I have unlocked all before the patch and could not use any of them even the preview.

Now after the patch I still cant use them.

[50 Guaranteed Weapon Unlocks][29 Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlocks][98 Guaranteed Armor Unlocks]

What is going on!?

@Natas.6714 said:According to the release notes the Guaranteed Unlocks were updated with over 600 items.

I have unlocked all before the patch and could not use any of them even the preview.

Now after the patch I still cant use them.

[50 Guaranteed Weapon Unlocks][29 Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlocks][98 Guaranteed Armor Unlocks]

What is going on!?

Ive noticed the same skins available in the unlock window as before the update. I know i have more skins than the ones its showing locked at the moment.

Ya, been paying someones salary for the past 6 years. Anyhow...

Nothing happens. when I preview Not even a window showing all unlocked.

But if I use any of them I get a red message in the chat log saying "All currently illegible wardrobe items unlocked. Future updates may add more."

Well the update has happened and announced (600 new items). Yet no cigar.

Something to keep in mind for future BLTC chest drops. Before dropping these unlocks check if the user can unlock them.Or treat them as dup items and refund the keys back.

I don't mind buying keys. But knowing that you are going to get stuff that you know wont be able to use is worst than having stacks of[250 Total Makeover Kits][250 Self-Style Hair Kits]

There is no more incentive for me to buy keys anymore.

My rant.

I am sorry, but .how would you preview what is offered to unlock in the first place without having1 of those unlocks.

Only way to do it is by having it as drop from the chest or getting it with statuettes...either case requires key(s)

Also, thats what I did, gathered as much as i could from in game before using them.Not to end unlocking crappy dyes/minis

You don't need a Guaranteed Wardrobe/Armor/Weapon Unlock to preview what's offered in any of them. You can preview them through a Black Lion Chest. (Just hover your cursor over the Guaranteed Unlock shown in the BL Chest preview, right-click and choose 'Preview'.)That will show any items you can unlock (it won't show items you have already unlocked in your Wardrobe).

Did that, still cant see anything, same behavior.

This conversation is not going anywhere. Can we get someone from anet commenting on the behavior of these items.

I want to know what are those 600 items added. Even if I had previously unlocked through the game.

Also, I am not the only one having issues with unlocks there are more than1 thread complaining about them.

https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/db/search?rarity=Exotic&type=Armor&ipg=200&sort=age&page=1https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/db/search?rarity=Exotic&type=Weapon&ipg=200https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/db/search?rarity=Exotic&type=Back&ipg=200

Looking at the list of "exotic things that have a skin" it isn't very surprising that people would already have all of them. Especially if you take out stuff like achievement rewards, precursors and things like the WvW/PvP skins.

I haven't been through the preview extremely meticulously but in my preview it looks like all I have left are either gemstore or cultural armor. All of which are rare so none of them would be new to this patch. This means dungeon skins are also excluded because I haven't finished those either.

@"Khisanth.2948" said:https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/db/search?rarity=Exotic&type=Armor&ipg=200&sort=age&page=1https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/db/search?rarity=Exotic&type=Weapon&ipg=200https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/db/search?rarity=Exotic&type=Back&ipg=200

Looking at the list of "exotic things that have a skin" it isn't very surprising that people would already have all of them. Especially if you take out stuff like achievement rewards, precursors and things like the WvW/PvP skins.

I haven't been through the preview extremely meticulously but in my preview it looks like all I have left are either gemstore or cultural armor. All of which are rare so none of them would be new to this patch. This means dungeon skins are also excluded because I haven't finished those either.

It's not that. For example I don't have many of the skins for the Exotic Hunter collection, and am missing many from sets like the Ceremonial weapons. None of those have appeared in the preview window. In fact, I didn't see any new armor or weapon skins in the preview (though I probably have most of the former).

• 2 weeks later...

@Natas.6714 said:How can I tell if I already have them unlocked? A part from the wardrobe/dye/mini tabs, there is no interface showing difference between locked and unlocked offered by these items.

You can see what armour and weapon skins you have unlocked (and which ones you have not unlocked) in the Wardrobe tab of the Bank.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Here are some items that were added:

thank you for this, it's very helpful, and TIL about that compare feature of the wiki.

in my case i'm still focused on the non-armor and non-weapon unlocks as where i might expect to see anything new show up to unlock, but it may be that there were a very limited number of updates in those categories

i'm curious how the wiki is being updated whenever the wardrobe unlocks change? is it being done manually, comparing what the wiki already had against the Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock for a fresh account, or is there an api endpoint or property that identifies that a skin shows up in the Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock? I've looked through the api documentation and many examples, including several of the new unlocks identified in the wiki, and i'm not finding anything.

@fusioncon.3269 said:i'm curious how the wiki is being updated whenever the wardrobe unlocks change?It appears that one person is using a special tool to run a 'diff' between current unlocks and the previous ones, posting that information to wiki editors, who then research the specific skins (using various database tools) to update the pages.(see the talk page of the wiki for more details)

@"Robban.1256" said:Here you can see which skins are in the unlocks and which you have- http://immortius.net.au/wardrobe-unlock-analyser/

Keep in mind that tool's data is manually updated after a patch, so it might take a few days to absorb the latest unlocks.With that caveat, it's a great tool because it can help you avoid that special feeling of seeing the wardrobe unlock something you can get for cheap and/or free.

Archived