Change to Superior Rune of Nightmare not a good change.

Zenith.7301

You missed the point as to why people used 2 Trapper 4 Nightmare.

If you want people to use the full sets, you need to understand that fear duration increase is such an outrageously niche bonus available only to 2 classes (and warrior never uses "fear me! in PvE) that this is the reason people didn't pick the rune.

Now you have screwed condition renegades for no reason other than to saddle them with a totally obsolete 10% fear duration bonus.

It would be much better to at least swap that with 10% poison/bleeding/torment duration increase.

Don't ruin rune sets with utterly niche bonuses with marginal use cases.

Fear is so pathetically short to begin with that even classes with fear like necro or warrior won't even notice any benefit to this bonus.

@Zenith.7301 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Or you can just take something else. You don't have to run the set at all

There is no alternative to the old 2 trapper 4 nightmare that doesn't come out as a loss (one the spec definitely did not need in PvE). This is not a useful response.

Runes of the Afflicted works perfectly for my build.

The loss of +5% poison duration is more than made up for by the new death nova effect.

@Diak Atoli.2085 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Or you can just take something else. You don't have to run the set at all

There is no alternative to the old 2 trapper 4 nightmare that doesn't come out as a loss (one the spec definitely did not need in PvE). This is not a useful response.

The loss of +5% poison duration is more than made up for by the new death nova effect.

That if you have couple of targets next to dead one, what about torment duration?

The new rune is a +-0 for renegade if you use stat infusions. Nightmare setup has 75 higher condition damage and you used 15 condi damage infusions on old setup. You could change them to 75 expertise and would have exactly the same stats. Not sure if just not capping condi duration would be better though.

But yes fear duration is just completely useless. Make the player scream maniacally while in combat and it would have more uses than the current version.

@phs.6089 said:

That if you have couple of targets next to dead one, what about torment duration?

I would have to look at the notes again for torment duration, but I will say my build doesn't have it. CondiSB, to be specific.

I'm not able to look at my stats right now, but my memory says I'm gaining condition damage while still breaching +85% duration before buffs.

@Khisanth.2948 said:Replace the set with 6 Tempest runes.

You are only losing 39 condition damage. That is -2 damage per tick per stack on the low end for bleeding and -6 damage per tick per stack on the high end for burning. That is -151 DPS difference assuming you sustain 25 burn stacks.

You are losing 64 condition damage. Old setup had 100 condition damage. No need to run tempest runes. Nightmare runes are just better but they have the useless fear duration. Just feels wrong to select useless stats just because there is no good option with all usefull boni.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:Replace the set with 6 Tempest runes.

You are only losing 39 condition damage. That is -2 damage per tick per stack on the low end for bleeding and -6 damage per tick per stack on the high end for burning. That is -151 DPS difference assuming you sustain 25 burn stacks.

You are losing 64 condition damage. Old setup had 100 condition damage. No need to run tempest runes. Nightmare runes are just better but they have the useless fear duration. Just feels wrong to select useless stats just because there is no good option with all usefull boni.

Oh right ... forgot to add the 25 from trapper but tempest does give the same 25% as the 4 nightmare + 2 trapper. Probably depends on class. With food I would still have 95% with no other changes and that is with 3 pieces of sinister instead of viper's.

I just don't get why put the fear in there when the fear was the reason people weren't using the full set. Fear duration bonus is a total junk stat in about every single game format even because of how fear works and how few classes have so little access to fear to begin with (even in the case of necro they can fear at best for 3 seconds so a 0.6 sec longer fear every 20+ second is so utterly insignificant).

Fear duration % bonus is just outright obsolete.

@"Nephalem.8921" said:Enjoy your full commanders gear. Why is there no power/precision ferocity/concentration set yet. Or power precision concentration. Even pvp has it in 2 versions.

"So, we’re adding a couple of utility options that will help with this while tuning the sigil to a reasonable level."They added 2 options... To compensate for the leadership nerf. Nothing compensates for Sigil of Concentration.

Like you said, having to take useless stats feels awful. We had this with leadership before, now its commanders and leadership.Tanking is already really easy in full berzerker armor. With more toughness it just gets easier and boring.

@RaidsAreEasyAF.8652 said:

@"Nephalem.8921" said:Enjoy your full commanders gear. Why is there no power/precision ferocity/concentration set yet. Or power precision concentration. Even pvp has it in 2 versions.

"So, we’re adding a couple of utility options that will help with this while tuning the sigil to a reasonable level."They added 2 options... To compensate for the leadership nerf. Nothing compensates for Sigil of Concentration.

Like you said, having to take useless stats feels awful. We had this with leadership before, now its commanders and leadership.Tanking is already really easy in full berzerker armor. With more toughness it just gets easier and boring.

At least you can focus on your challenging Chrono rotation while tanking now. Oh wait...

@RaidsAreEasyAF.8652 said:

"So, we’re adding a couple of utility options that will help with this while tuning the sigil to a reasonable level."They added 2 options... To compensate for the leadership nerf.Which ones? because the new oils do not compensate for anything, as they aren't really better than what we've had up to now.As i see it, they haven't added anything to help with the loss of boon duration from neither Sigil of Concentration, nor Leadership runes. That was just a plain nerf.

Archived