Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Rune and Sigil Changes - 13 November 2018 [Merged]


Recommended Posts

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Taelac.7036 said:A guildmate asks: how will low-level characters obtain runes/sigils as they level up and change out their armor? Presumably they'll be able to craft them, but will new players find how to do that obvious? Will low level runes and sigils be craftable
and
tradeable, so that new characters/players can upgrade equipment through the trading post for a reasonable cost?

I'm pretty pleased with the notion overall, but I share the curiosity about how leveling gear will be addressed.

They'll still be slotted in gear they drop. Low level runes only require 2 to 4 runes to get their effects anyway. Plus gear changes fast enough that you will rarely ever have any effect active. You don't have to buy a new gear set every 5 levels in this game either, so I don't see any issues coming up.

Yes, but sometimes a rune or a sigil drops on gear that can't be used by that character, and if the upgrade is retained on salvaging the item, it can be slotted into existing gear to help it stretch until the next lucky drop or level reward. Veteran players know enough to work around being under-geared, but new players might struggle more if it hasn't been taken into account.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Arden.7480 said:And i still cannot understand what was it all about- I mean why people were so angry with this sigil...

I was very early on the crafting train, so I didn't have to experience prices over 3g mostly. I didn't really have an issue with it skyrocketing as much, I liked how exclusive the armor was because I'm a bit of a jerk.

__

Also note that there are only examples, not a full list of changed runes and sigils. The change to Sigil of Concentration is a big oof imo. from 33% after swap to 10% at all times. Depending on how acquisition has changed it might just drop really hard in price + more builds will struggle with 100% boon duration, which might not be a bad thing. Certainly simplifies it, as you now no longer have to swap before boon spamming.

Unless Rune of Leadership gets a +20% and all stats becoming all stats giving another ~3% resulting in a permanent +33% with less effort.

Yeah, I already mentioned to a friend that the way it's written heavily suggests that it's simply less power on that single sigil, but that they will now just have to take the appropriate rune set alongside it.

and Rune of Leadership's

when you use an elite skill, convert up to 2 conditions into boons of all nearby allies. (Cooldown: 45 seconds)

looks like a great candidate for being replaced based on the examples they have given.

Link to post
Share on other sites

glances at his 4 bank tabs packed with a stockpile of every single superior rune and sigil he's acquired since launch, starts rubbing hands together and laughing like Mr. BurnsCough That said this looks like it'll be a cool and interesting change, looking forward to it! Also looking forward to maybe salvaging something useful from some of the more plentiful runes, like Sunless.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@ExtraCosmic.9082 said:glances at his 4 bank tabs packed with a stockpile of every single superior rune and sigil he's acquired since launch, starts rubbing hands together and laughing like Mr. BurnsCough That said this looks like it'll be a cool and interesting change, looking forward to it! Also looking forward to maybe salvaging something useful from some of the more plentiful runes, like Sunless.

I have a entire guild bank on a personal guild (i'm old enough to have been able to do that when it was easy to get a guild bank through buying Influence) full of Runes and Sigils... Caching??

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully while they're rebalancing things, they'll take the opportunity to rebalance crafting by putting these rune/sigil recipes on jeweler, which is otherwise pretty darn useless to anyone who isn't still working toward their first set of exotic gear.

Edit: Maybe add a recipe to Infuse runes/sigils so they give a little AR as well, for 500 jeweler.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@ExtraCosmic.9082 said:glances at his 4 bank tabs packed with a stockpile of every single superior rune and sigil he's acquired since launch, starts rubbing hands together and laughing like Mr. BurnsCough That said this looks like it'll be a cool and interesting change, looking forward to it! Also looking forward to maybe salvaging something useful from some of the more plentiful runes, like Sunless.

It might not include superiors ...

That’s right, no more minor runes and sigils clogging up your bag space!

but maybe it will gain more interesting effects, depending on what they do with the #6 it could become a useful rune for WvW

The chance to extract runes and sigils from a salvaged item using a salvaging kit will change to a chance to salvage runes and sigils.This is also not very clear.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's what I'd like to know after reading the announcement -1) How am I supposed to get sigils/runes to salvage if they don't drop from salvaging gear anymore?
2) Is salvaging sigils/runes the only way to acquire these new materials that will be needed for crafting them in reasonable quantities?

If the answer to 1) is "use upgrade extractors or BL Kits" and the answer to 2) is "Yes", then they're locking sigil/rune crafting behind a paywall which is not OK.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"DragonForHire.3621" said:Here's what I'd like to know after reading the announcement -1) How am I supposed to get sigils/runes to salvage if they don't drop from salvaging gear anymore?

2) Is salvaging sigils/runes the only way to acquire these new materials that will be needed for crafting them in reasonable quantities?

If the answer to 1) is "use upgrade extractors or BL Kits" and the answer to 2) is "Yes", then they're locking sigil/rune crafting behind a paywall which is not OK.

They don't drop from salvaging gear anymore because when you salvage the gear there will be a chance the rune/sigil will also be salvaged and you'll get the mats. That's how I'm reading it, at least.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sieghilde.7632 said:

@"DragonForHire.3621" said:Here's what I'd like to know after reading the announcement -1) How am I supposed to get sigils/runes to salvage if they don't drop from salvaging gear anymore?

2) Is salvaging sigils/runes the only way to acquire these new materials that will be needed for crafting them in reasonable quantities?

If the answer to 1) is "use upgrade extractors or BL Kits" and the answer to 2) is "Yes", then they're locking sigil/rune crafting behind a paywall which is not OK.

They don't drop from salvaging gear anymore because when you salvage the gear there will be a chance the rune/sigil will also be salvaged and you'll get the mats. That's how I'm reading it, at least.

That is a reasonable interpretation of

The chance to extract runes and sigils from a salvaged item using a salvaging kit will change to a chance to salvage runes and sigils.

Especially when combined with https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/734483/#Comment_734483

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:Virtually all runes and sigils that were previously available from ONLY salvaging are receiving a recipe.

That does include Sigil of Nullification.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sieghilde.7632 said:

They don't drop from salvaging gear anymore because when you salvage the gear there will be a chance the rune/sigil will also be salvaged and you'll get the mats. That's how I'm reading it, at least.

I figured I had to be missing something, and that would certainly be a reasonable answer. It also seems like the likely one now that I see it written down. For some reason it just didn't hit me that way when I first read the announcement.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"Corrderio.5028" said:Sorry if it's been said already but...

How about an prompt message on the "The instance is full message" to let us queue into the instance when there is an opening instead of having to spam the Join option in the party/squad menu?

What has that got to do with runes and sigils?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Corrderio.5028 said:

@Corrderio.5028 said:Sorry if it's been said already but...

How about an prompt message on the "The instance is full message" to let us queue into the instance when there is an opening instead of having to spam the Join option in the party/squad menu?

What has that got to do with runes and sigils?

Wrong thread. Sorry... Let me edit that.

No worries lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Will this include new recipes to make Superior Rune of Snowfall and Superior Sigil of Mischief become more affordable? I never bought them back when they were so cheap, and just assumed they'd always be readily available. Also, my JP skills are so terrible that I never envisioned I'd ever have any shot at completing Winter's Presence. Yet I somehow managed to do finish the winter JP x3 last year (still shocked!), only to discover I'd completely missed the boat on the affordable runes and sigils. :s

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm excited about this!!

Just hoping that the change will also come with legendary weapon sigil swapping, since the reason they gave for not implementing it with legendary armor was messing with the in-game economy, and now that economy is going to be turned on its head, seems like a good time.

Unless they really think they're gonna make big money in the gem store with those upgrade extractors... :expressionless:

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Destrumona.3794 said:I'm excited about this!!

Just hoping that the change will also come with legendary weapon sigil swapping, since the reason they gave for not implementing it with legendary armor was messing with the in-game economy, and now that economy is going to be turned on its head, seems like a good time.

Unless they really think they're gonna make big money in the gem store with those upgrade extractors... :expressionless:

Legendary sigil swapping is already in the game and was originally intended to ship with this change. Doesn't work on a couple of weapons though, so best to wait another week before trying.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...