Rune and Sigil Changes - 13 November 2018 [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

@zombyturtle.5980 said:

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:The only thing that concerns me, is that they've nerfed traits that increase boon duration, now they are nerfing concentration sigil. This will require fractal chronos to drop DPS gear for concentration gear to be able to keep up the alacrity and quickness.

Oh no, the one many army that can provide everything and DPS will no longer be able to provide everything and DPS. Its almost like One Man Army builds are bad for the game. Maybe its just me.

Its not just you, im sure chrono mains will hate it though.

Dont see why they would. They still have 100% uptime. Sure they have to take more commander pieces and do slighly less dps, but who plays support chrono for its dps anyways. This change dumbs down chrono rotation so its afk easy to give boons. Chronos job will become easier due to nerf.

Uptime is not why I am angry. Its because minmaxed dps on chrono is much closer to full minstrel then it was and playstyle is easier. I think i would be happier if tgey changed it to 10 percent after swap then this.This change makes gap between bad and good chrono smaller and that is what I am angry about. It makes the class easier to play for bad chronos and takes away dps from good chronos.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have more than two bank tabs filled with superior runes and sigils. So additionally ANet should either add the entry+functionality to salvage-kits to auto-salvage all exotics (which could lead to lots of exotic items unintentionally salvaged) or simply reduce the quality of runes and sigils by one Tier:

OldMinor - MasterworkMajor - RareSuperior - Exotic

NewMinor - FineMajor - MasterworkSuperior - Rare

@VanWilder.6923 said:

@alchemist.6851 said:lol this is sad... hopefully the price for the sigil also drops by 70%

This Superior Sigil of Concentration may not be in any meta builds, its price may drop down to silvers.

I bought this sigil few months ago, 34G. :'(

Chrono will still use it.Also, if you had it for multiple months, it served its purpose long enough.

@Odokuro.5049 said:So let me get this straight, a Chrono build made for boon-share (SUPPORT) is complaining about having to actually play their role, and not DPS too? It's almost if ANet is changing things so that META Bandwagon players actually have to play better and have it not so easy.

With that change its easier though.You dont have to play better. You can camp one weapon set and are basically done. swap whenever you need to focus pull adds or something.Support Chrono doesnt even have great DPS to begin with. Its about 5k on most bosses. You had to play good to achieve these numbers. You wont see this in your average PUG group. I wouldnt say that 5k DPS that most people wont even achieve is a big problem.

@VanWilder.6923 said:

@"alchemist.6851" said:lol this is sad... hopefully the price for the sigil also drops by 70%

This Superior Sigil of Concentration may not be in any meta builds, its price may drop down to silvers.

I bought this sigil few months ago, 34G. :'(

its can't simply can't. Sigil ask sfor 5 freshwater pearlshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Concentration

Pearl used in armor that was and stays in meta-'minstrel' and gathering those are based on pure RNG, that is why each pearl is 5-6 gold

@Morte de Angelis.7986 said:

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:The only thing that concerns me, is that they've nerfed traits that increase boon duration, now they are nerfing concentration sigil. This will require fractal chronos to drop DPS gear for concentration gear to be able to keep up the alacrity and quickness.

Oh no, the one many army that can provide everything and DPS will no longer be able to provide everything and DPS. Its almost like One Man Army builds are bad for the game. Maybe its just me.

Hey, as long as people playing DPS classes in fractals can still kill things that's great, but from my experience is that lots of people run really non-optimized builds in fractals because they don't know how to dodge and avoid damage.

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:Good i welcome this, kitten gets stale quick if it doesnt change for years. Regardless this will still probably be best in slot. People will adapt like we did with all other nerfs. Boons dont win the game anyways, skill does.

This was good
laugh
I like it . No serious boons play I mayor role in this game in wvw the whole zerg meta is built on immune boons(Fb) , boon corruption(scourge) and boon denial(warrior bubble). In PvE I only say chrono and druid.

You may need also skill but without boons you can't play the endcontent in this game at least not in the way it is now.

Anyway this isn't the case like the other said you change a bit of your equip and you have 100% up time again with the price of some dps

Im sorry I thought this discussion was for sigil of concentration in use with high end PVE content . I was not thinking of WvW or PvP.

@"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:People who live outside North America have probably not encountered a certain "magically delicious" breakfast cereal. (I have, but that's because I lived in the US in the 1980s.)

I am not a U.S. citizen, so I guess I just found the lucky charms reference extremely funny per se - had no idea there was a cereal called that. ;)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:People who live outside North America have probably not encountered a certain "magically delicious" breakfast cereal. (I have, but that's because I lived in the US in the 1980s.)

I am not a U.S. citizen, so I guess I just found the lucky charms reference extremely funny per se - had no idea there was a cereal called that. ;)

I'm not a US citizen either, but I did live over there(1). It's a fairly ordinary children's (i.e. over-sugared) cereal that has mini marshmallows in the shapes of stars and crescents and so on, with the TV advertising based around a sort of leprechaun character and the tag line "Frosted Lucky Charms, they're magically delicious!"

(1) I entered the US in 1981 on a 90-day tourist visa and stayed for nine years. Er, legally, that is. All the necessary paperwork and everything, including a sliver of laminated pale pink plastic that for some reason is called a "green card".

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Some sigils/runes may or may not be any cheaper to obtain by crafting depending on the materials needed. Recall that each of the runes/sigils that can currently be crafted requires a unique component that separates it from the others. The same can be said elsewhere in the crafting system.

A lot of the available components that could be used also rely on RNG in order to obtain them. Take a look at putrid essence or giant eyes. While they are obtainable through map rewards, those quantities are fairly low. If they’re used for a highly desirable sigil/rune, we can immediately think about a specific sigil that got a lot of attention this past month, we’d just see a repeat of what occurred with that sigil.

A lot of people were praising the new precursor crafting when it was announced and how it was going to make things better. Everything that people were saying about it parallels what people are saying about sigil/rune crafting. How’d precursor crafting turn out for everyone?

Absolutely valid point, but I will offer some other points. Not to counter yours but to expand the point landscape.

Do you think the addition of precursor collections increased or decreased the production rate of legendary gear? I think it likely increased the rate.Do you think the addition of precursor collections increased or decreased the effectiveness of legendary gear as a retention tool? Here again, I think there is an increase.A specific sigil occupies the very same space within a recipe as do precursors.

A lot depends on the recipe and the materials required. I encourage the studio to use activities as a way to introduce additional materials. I think materials discovered by doing something particular would help tell a story better than materials just discovered by RNG. Interesting work tells a better story than interesting RNG. That is objectively true.

Perhaps the only thing we can confidently predict is that the player-base will become more efficient at producing the most demanded runes and sigils.

@Morte de Angelis.7986 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:How’d precursor crafting turn out for everyone?

I can't comment for most people but I liked the precursor crafting. It felt more satisfying to me to acquire Spark through my own means (even if its much slower) then essentially paying someone for it. It also doesn't hurt anyone as they still dropIt also stabilized the prices, and caused a price drop in the most extreme cases. So yeah, while not exactly what they players asked for, it didn't hurt, and while it didn't help as much as it could, at least it did help, and not just in a small way.And it
did
solve the main problem with precursors (supply source being completely random generated).

Precursor crafting is one of the best aspects of the game imo.

Yes, it's a grind and endless material sink (why the hell are there over 6k wood logs inside my weapon?), but it's also a journey. The good ones that have you solve small riddles in their description that send you all over the world. That's great. I like the way it's implemented, though it doesn't hide the fact that it's gameplay secondary and crafting primarily.

The choice between the 6th ultra-productivity bonus of completing a set or the mixed productivity of combining partial sets is a significant choice to offer. Perhaps significant enough choice to handle ascended upgrades.For example:5 exotic of a set plus the ascended version of that set would give the extant ultra bonus as well as productivity from a different set.

edit: the weight of the next ultra (this is would totally be the last change to upgrades) will partially be calculated as story but still comparable to the 10% difference between exotic and ascended stats.

Back to something Ayrilana pointed to earlier, the story players tell of fairness. If anything is a three-legged widget, we should name it fairness. I dare you to nail down fairness. The gaming ecoscape has resonated with the broader human ecoscape enough for us to know forum punditry is real enough. I feel awkward sometimes about being a grown man who takes Tyria as seriously as I do. I stopped playing at PoF, but Tyria made an indelible enough place in my life that I discovered a different perspective on Tyria. Still awkward, but less so.

Tyria deserves to be taken seriously. I dare you to tell me the studio doesn't try to describe fairness and that we don't deserve their effort and that they in return don't deserve our conscientious rendering.

edit: To be more accurate the studio is using a powerfully fair tool, a business model relying on relatively monetized currency fields. The more accurately and yet fluidly the studio renders the fields in narrative the more resilient Tyria becomes to suffering.

I think I'm going to pay very close attention to what hits the gem store as this goes live.

If we see a gathering tool/glyph that generates some of the rune/sigil salvage items when used, that will tell me that they are not worried about too many hitting the market, but expect them to retain some value in the long run. That would be the best case for us, I think.

A sale on Salvage-O-Matics is to be expected, no indicator there.

A salvage eater for these new resources will indicate that they expect there to be an excess of the items, and they are trying to add in some value for them.

Adding a costly but consumable item that helps you to get more will indicate that the salvage will be hard to come by and expensive, otherwise this item wouldn't be worth it.

@Einsof.1457 said:

@Draco.9480 said:33% is unfair and op. stop complaining. other stats didn't have 33% like condi duration.

I'm more concerned by how easy and boring chrono will be to play now than anything else

cuz it's fun to be op? now you don't calculate swapping, big deal. it wasn't even fun to do it and was just annoying and would just be a waste to use Soi when weapon swap is under 3s ready. what's so fun in it. Also it was too strong.

@Fueki.4753 said:This is great...People ask for nerfs to conditions across the board and Arenanet nerfs boons.Chrono takes the stick while Mirage still is heavily unbalanced at the top next to Scourges.

Scourge is one of the lowest dps ever. Mirage wins cuz of confusions reasons in certain bosses and Renegade is actually really strong.

@Morte de Angelis.7986 said:You can get 100% if you stack some Harriers in that Commander Gear. Full Commanders + Food + New Sigil is 94%. Throw in Chaos for the 2% per boon, just make you have 3 boons before you share. Profit?

Might get some Sigils for my Support / Quickness FB. Didn't weapon swap cause Mace / Shield was better overall then staff (save burst / snipe healing) at least now I won't feel bad by staying on a single weapon set.

Or basicaly get 20% boon duration from a herald ?

Archived