How do i level up my crafting now?

Texovic.8639

gw2crafts.net is not run by Arenanet; it is the creation of an individual player. Their email address is available in the About section of that site.

Haleydawn: cw2crafts.net calculates the cheapest way to level up each of the crafts by checking prices on the Trading Post every hour. Runes and sigils were often the cheapest at many stages of the level-up process, particularly the highest levels. gw2crafts.net is popular enough that it has affected prices on the TP, and probably will again when the rune and sigil recipes are updated there.

@Texovic.8639 said:

It's not a great way as it doesn't grant a ton of Crafting XP.

For armorcrafting I need to discover and craft runes from 325-400..

Either just craft items that grant XP, Discover items with different stats, or wait for the guide to be updated. Your Crafting is not halted because a guide no longer functions.

I used gw2crafts years ago, and it was based on discovery for the most part. It still functions, you just omit the Rune/Sigils and craft/discover extras of the other things that are available. It's a guide, not a be-all-end-all. You should have a brain to work around it.

@"Texovic.8639" said:

What? No. You need to craft stuff that gives crafting XP. If necessary, make and throw away the highest tier of backpacks that you can manage (not efficient, I agree, but it does work). You can get all the way to 500 by doing that.

I am by no means saying this is even close to being the best way to level up a crafting discipline, but it is a bazillion times more effective than saying, "I can't make/discover runes, therefore I can't do it at all."

IMO this is the danger of relying too much on guides. There's never just 1 option to level a craft because each has dozens of recipes at each tier, far more than you'd need to level it up. Guides like this aim to show the cheapest/easiest way but they are going to be out of date after a major update. If you've learned how the crafting system works you'll know what other options are available and be able to adapt.

Of course the downside is at first it requires a lot of trial and error, which can be expensive.

A number of rune/sigil recipes are discoverable, using the new materials.

Obviously gw2crafts.net is going to be broken for a little while, until either the creator updates the relevant recipes or the price of using the old recipes increases so much that rune/sigil crafting isn't recommended (or both). At worst, that means the site isn't as useful as it used to be.

Since tons & tons of people have never used gw2crafts.net to level up crafting, one presumes that the OP can learn to do the same.

@evilsofa.7296 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:or the price of using the old recipes increases so much that rune/sigil crafting isn't recommended (or both).

The old recipes are gone, and can't be used for discovery or crafting.

Yes, that's my point. If the developer of the site doesn't add the new recipes, then the old recipes will remain as recommended forever and ever, unless the cost of using those no-longer-valid recipes increases so they are no longer the cheapest option.

I apologize for not being explicit in the wording that the recipes won't work -- the point is that the site still thinks thought they do work.(edit: per @"Bright Oblivion.2856", the site has been updated with the new recipes. xanthics' site is great again.)

I don't recall ever making runes to level up my crafting. Everything's designed nicely so if you render the mats, then build the components, then assemble components and discover recipes, you'll never hit a point where you can't progress by continuing the cycle - at least until 425.

@evilsofa.7296 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:or the price of using the old recipes increases so much that rune/sigil crafting isn't recommended (or both).

The old recipes are gone, and can't be used for discovery or crafting.

Sigils and Runes that you discovered before are still there to be discovered for new players, just with the new recipe.

Just in case anyone cares (perhaps the OP if they haven't finished armorsmithing yet), the guides were updated when I checked GW2Crafts this morning, and didn't have a single rune/sigil recommendation in sight. Additionally, the recipes on the wiki for runes/sigils appear to all have been updated as well.

For me, the biggest things GW2Crafts provides are a roadmap and a shopping list. I'm incredibly scatterbrained, so knowing at a glance "this is where I'm going and this is what I need to get there" is incredibly beneficial. Not only does it save money in terms of not buying things I won't need in order to get enough xp (or getting the wrong thing when there's a far cheaper option), but it also saves time, as I'm not constantly running back to the trading post because I'm two logs short of making the plank for the piece of the torch.

Assuming of course that I actually remember to talk to the trader and claim what I've bought before running back to the crafting station.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

Either just craft items that grant XP, Discover items with different stats, or wait for the guide to be updated. Your Crafting is not halted because a guide no longer functions.

I used gw2crafts years ago, and it was based on discovery for the most part. It still functions, you just omit the Rune/Sigils and craft/discover extras of the other things that are available. It's a guide, not a be-all-end-all. You should have a brain to work around it.

It is based on whatever is cheapest. The main problem is that it needs to update its recipes list.

Edit: Correction. Looks like it has been updated. No more runes or sigils for any discipline. So basically OP just need to reload the page ...

As I wrote this, I looked at the normal Hunstman 1-400 guide and it included discovery of the new recipe for Minor Sigil of Icebrood Slaying in the level 150-175 section. That was the only sigil or rune recipe I've seen so far in any of the guides. The other new rune and sigil recipes are, apparently and unsurprisingly, too expensive to appear in the guides for now. Whether this changes over time remains to be seen.

Archived