Bring back Ricochet

Turk.5460

@MUDse.7623 said:

@dDuff.3860 said:Also make ricochet working with rifle projectiles.

Bouncing DJs, mmmm

as 0 malice shot doesnt hurt much and only 1 target is marked, i guess it would be fine.then they just need to make rending shade steal boons on every hit of a stealth attack for pistol sneak attack ;)

Trigger Chance: 50%Maximum Additional Bounces: 3Range Increase: 150

3 Bounces would be fine? Thats like 15K extra damage with pvp numbers, can't imagine what its like in WvW.... 25K? You could drop 2 berserker amulet whatevers in one attack, no it wouldn't be fine! So pls a-net implement this... I might just return to WvW to p4wn s0me n00bs!

@Bazsi.2734 said:

@dDuff.3860 said:Also make ricochet working with rifle projectiles.

Bouncing DJs, mmmm

as 0 malice shot doesnt hurt much and only 1 target is marked, i guess it would be fine.then they just need to make rending shade steal boons on every hit of a stealth attack for pistol sneak attack ;)

Trigger Chance: 50%Maximum Additional Bounces: 3Range Increase: 150

3 Bounces would be fine? Thats like 15K extra damage with pvp numbers, can't imagine what its like in WvW.... 25K? You could drop 2 berserker amulet whatevers in one attack, no it wouldn't be fine! So pls a-net implement this... I might just return to WvW to p4wn s0me n00bs!

3 bounces would be fine, if a target cannot get hit by the skill more than once. so in order for the bullet to bounce 3 times, it has to hit 4 unique targets. obviously if the same target can get hit by the skill multiple times that would be too strong, probably for all rifle skills.

for the deadeye specifically i would prefer over bouncing if they would be able to shoot their target within or behind a group of opponents without the bullet bothering with targets on the way with both rifle and pistols, but i am not sure if that is possible while its still a projectile. (meaning bullet can still be absorbed/reflected by effect areas but not bodyblocked as we aim precisely)if we can actually focus our fire on our target within the group, we would still be pretty usefull in a large scale. another option would be piercing but that is too strong and because of that also limited to pass through only 5 targets on the skills that do have it.

@Turk.5460 said:I just want to be able to see bullets bounce everywhere again, it certainly won't be more damage than a CoR or Necro Shades. It would be nice for Thieves to have an AoE option that isn't melee or as slow/ineffective as Shortbow.

And this is the point i step in. We cant get Ricochet cuz of this.Let us imagine a DE equiping Ricochet. De takes rifle full Valkyrie gear approaches zerk from afar stealths kneels and starts autoattacking with rifle in a while he has full malice and he drops DJ with Ricochet trait onNow let us take a moment to imagine that saltenjoys the Vial of SaltYea it was niceIf you'd put Ricochet back it either wouldnt interact with DE spec or it would have to be very specific on which skills can be ''ricochetting'' or you are going to make the game even more unbalancedAlso dont forget about PVPAtm Ricochet could cause some serious dmgAnd we ran out of Flex tape last week

@"Horan.7013" said:I agree. The current state of AoE spam, including AoE CC, ricochet will not be OP even if it comes back.

It wasn't even "OP" back then and I honestly don't see a single reason for its removal other than "a developer didn't like it" since they never gave any official explanation for its removal and the only people who ever complained about it were the ones that didn't like how the ricocheting bullets pulled some other mobs in which is hardly valid justification for the removal of the trait for multiple reasons.

@Jack Redline.5379 said:Let us imagine a DE equiping Ricochet. De takes rifleThat doesn't even make any sense since ricochet was a pistol specific weapon trait.

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

@Jack Redline.5379 said:Let us imagine a DE equiping Ricochet.
De takes rifle
That doesn't even make any sense since ricochet was a pistol specific weapon trait.

okay if you want it to be pistol basedlet him take 2 pistols and spam 3 with ricochet that would be equally stupidI see, you haven't used a P/P based build for any of the PvP based modes in recent history otherwise you would have known just how nonsensical that statement is but in case you're wondering: you can't spam "3" thanks to how unsustainable that skill is in PvP and even if you could this would still be a deeply flawed comparison for multiple reasons.

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

@Turk.5460 said:I just want to be able to see bullets bounce everywhere again, it certainly won't be more damage than a CoR or Necro Shades. It would be nice for Thieves to have an AoE option that isn't melee or as slow/ineffective as Shortbow.

And this is the point i step in. We cant get Ricochet cuz of this.Let us imagine a DE equiping Ricochet. De takes rifle full Valkyrie gear approaches zerk from afar stealths kneels and starts autoattacking with rifle in a while he has full malice and he drops DJ with Ricochet trait on

Ricochet was a trait for Pistols, not Rifle - I made no mention of adding in additional weapons that would benefit from this trait.

okay if you want it to be pistol basedlet him take 2 pistols and spam 3 with ricochet that would be equally stupid

That wasn't the case before it was removed...

• 4 years later...

Raised from the dead!

Seriously though…. Why are thieves the only profession forced into this single target style?  But without actually dealing more single target damage btw.  Give us some kitten cleave!  Bring back ricochet!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Stx.4857 said:

Seriously though…. Why are thieves the only profession forced into this single target style?  But without actually dealing more single target damage btw

Because the complainers can't understand the concept of an assassin archetype, and want thief to be more like a revenant/warrior.

35 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Ricochet would be good for group cleave in wvw instead of just shoehorning thieves into picking off stragglers or roaming.

Seen pug-tag thieves shortbow autoing to respectable DPS levels ngl. 

But it seems like such a meme and boring. 

Unless id shortbow is kinda reworked to function better in group settings? Idk it already feels good. 

3 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Seen pug-tag thieves shortbow autoing to respectable DPS levels ngl. 

But it seems like such a meme and boring. 

Unless id shortbow is kinda reworked to function better in group settings? Idk it already feels good. 

Mild tangent, I'm so tired of pressing "the one button this weapon set has that does damage",  killing some guy that pressed like 20 block skills but missed all his damaging skills, then getting hatemail for pressing one button. Like, the class forces you to press 1 button -a lot- with how init hungry most of the skills are. 

I'd love if thief skills gave buffs or flipovers to other weapon set skills upon successful hits so my damage source isn't just 2...2...2...2..2..1..2-

18 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Mild tangent, I'm so tired of pressing "the one button this weapon set has that does damage",  killing some guy that pressed like 20 block skills but missed all his damaging skills, then getting hatemail for pressing one button. Like, the class forces you to press 1 button -a lot- with how init hungry most of the skills are. 

I'd love if thief skills gave buffs or flipovers to other weapon set skills upon successful hits so my damage source isn't just 2...2...2...2..2..1..2-

I have a brilliant idea!

We all know Improvisation. Lets take this idea to the next level, and give thieves trickery line a new baseline!

Basically anytime we press a skill, that skill will flip and swap places randomly with any of your 1-5 skills, so if you want to use an ability more than once you cannot just press one button repeatedly, you gotta make sure to press the appropriate button!

This solves the problem of monotonous gameplay where all we press is one button repeatedly and it adds EXCITEMENT!

Oh and let's also remove preparedness +3 base initiative bonus, imagine having the ability to press the same button so many times in a row and not knowing what will happen, it would literally fry players minds! So the solution is to make that happen less frequently.

This would fit perfectly in the Trickery traitline because it plays a real trick on the player! It's PERFECT!

Edited by TwiceDead.1963
add, dioi
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, TwiceDead.1963 said:

I have a brilliant idea!

We all know Improvisation. Lets take this idea to the next level, and give thieves trickery line a new baseline!

Basically anytime we press a skill, that skill will flip and swap places randomly with any of your 1-5 skills, so if you want to use an ability more than once you cannot just press one button repeatedly, you gotta make sure to press the appropriate button!

This solves the problem of monotonous gameplay where all we press is one button repeatedly and it adds EXCITEMENT!

Oh and let's also remove preparedness +3 base initiative bonus, imagine having the ability to press the same button so many times in a row and not knowing what will happen, it would literally fry players minds! So the solution is to make that happen less frequently.

This would fit perfectly in the Trickery traitline because it plays a real trick on the player! It's PERFECT!

*Avoids eye contact* 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

To be honest our best designed weapon in the whole game is probably Spear. It cleaves, hits hard, has a Heartseeker on steroids that evades. A block and counter that even AoEs, a pull that stealths and flips over to what I wish Death Blossom was~ an AoE spin attack with no animation lock and allows WASD movement while attacking with it. A better version of Pistol Whip that also has no animation lock, better iframes and full WASD movement. So many choices for attacks that are all useful and has that flip-over design giving it technically 6 weapon skills.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 2

On 3/6/2023 at 8:14 PM, Stx.4857 said:

Why are thieves the only profession forced into this single target style?  But without actually dealing more single target damage btw.  Give us some kitten cleave!

While I don't think that every sets needs to have cleave I would question why the P/P weapon set has less damage, utility (overal and in terms of practicality) and range than rifle on top of also not being an AoE weapon. The weapon set, as a whole, in its current state is like a bingo sheet of bad / dysfunctional game design and requests to fix the situation, especially in regards to something like bringing the ricochet trait back, have been made by many people over the course of almost a decade now but obviously to no avail.

It's like as if they want it to stay bad for the sheer sake of keeping the meme alive.

5 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

To be honest our best designed weapon in the whole game is probably Spear.

I'd say rifle (as in the weapon set itself) is also pretty good. The only real thing dragging this one down is the awkward forced movement thanks to Silent Scope and maybe a bit more range (like e.g. 1,5k base and 2k with Kneel) wouldn't hurt either but it's mainly the former.

Edited by Tails.9372

6 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

While I don't think that every sets needs to have cleave I would question why the P/P weapon set has less damage, utility (overal and in terms of practicality) and range than rifle on top of also not being an AoE weapon. The weapon set, as a whole, in its current state is like a bingo sheet of bad / dysfunctional game design and requests to fix the situation, especially in regards to something like bringing the ricochet trait back, have been made by many people over the course of almost a decade now but obviously to no avail.

It's like as if they want it to stay bad for the sheer sake of keeping the meme alive.

I'd say rifle (as in the weapon set itself) is also pretty good. The only real thing dragging this one down is the awkward forced movement thanks to Silent Scope and maybe a bit more range (like e.g. 1,5k base and 2k with Kneel) wouldn't hurt either but it's mainly the former.

Rifle = No AoE = useless in most content and unfun~ the same problem Dual Pistols has. Also; Rifle and PP are the same weaponskill set as I've mentioned in past, with small changes that pistols died for. We could have easily lived on never getting Rifle and just had better Pistols instead like we used to. I want Ricochet back more than anything in this entire game.

They could create a whole "Wanted" DLC on how Thief goes on an adventure to learn how to curve a bullet and bounce them off targets again and I would buy it.

Edited by Doggie.3184