why nerf a class thats been weak at everything since it was created?

sanctum.5437

This is what I hate about you anet - seriously.

I started this game as a scourge and quickly found out that its design made it so weak in game play that it wasnt brought to raids, couldnt pvp for crap, and was just good at open world pve (where it really doesnt matter since this game designs lends open world to just a giant mob tossing stuff on world bosses/events).

We cried to you FOREVER about getting help and what we had given (after months and months/ even years for some of complaining) was an accidental buff via an item (not even the class) that finally gave us exactly ONE SPOT ON ONE BOSS in raids (pure shit, but better than nothing) and some corner type dominance in wvw ( finally a bit of fun for once), but of course those with builds that do EVERYTHING WELL (raids - all bosases invited, open world welcome, and useful in pvp) cry because they cant instant win against us in ONE FREAKING THING, so you go and nerf us almost immediately ( omg no, we cant delay that!) and do it to us in OUR BUILDS - instead of the broken damn item you implemented.

That is the very essence of shit game development. Theres no other way to describe it. You guys have done us wrong from the very start and you just seem like your intent on keeping us down.

Can you not put just a little freaking effort into balancing us to keep up with the other clasess - stop the nerfs already. WE NEED BUFFS!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They seem intent on just constantly nerfing necro instead of actually fixing the problem they created by updating the rune. Necro is already bottom and this effects more than just the rune usage. I’ve stuck with necro since the beginning and put up with being at the bottom but this just feels rushed and not thought out at all. Knee jerk much?!?

im very invested in my necro so much that the character=gw2 for me.

This off handed and total BS knee jerk nerf to our class when weve been in need of balancing buffs for SO DAMN LONG, has just crawled under my skin.

Im seriously considering just walking away from the game.

This is not just a minor thing. This is a very real indication of how damn little they care for the player base that goes scourge. Its just offensive.

@sanctum.5437 said:im very invested in my necro so much that the character=gw2 for me.

This off handed and total BS knee jerk nerf to our class when weve been in need of balancing buffs for SO kitten LONG, has just crawled under my skin.

Im seriously considering just walking away from the game.

This is not just a minor thing. This is a very real indication of how kitten little they care for the player base that goes scourge. Its just offensive.

I’m 100% with you and it representing the game for me and I’ve never felt like walking away till tonight when I saw the nerf to the class and not the rune.

I agree this nerf is targeted at the wrong thing, they should have nerfed the rune, but cmon. No need to hyperbole scourges state. It just totally devalue your argument.

Scourge was great in pvp even before the rune and was just broken with it. Scourge is also 100% meta in wvw and has been since its release.

As for PVE, power reaper is totally accepted in raids now. Scourge is also accepted as a healing class, and is mandatory as condi on SH. Before reaper got buffed, condi scourge was broken in raids, abusing epi and the meta was 6 scourge runs on any boss that could be epid, including breaking most CM's. Reaper is also the OP class in open world for whatever thats worth.

I agree its not wanted in fracs. Reaper needs a slight buff to its burst to be on par with guard/ele combo. I also agree it was unwanted in most endgame content for a long time but that doesnt mean it should be OP now. As long as its viable and wanted in content, which it currently is for 90% of the game, then its balance is in the right direction.

@zombyturtle.5980 said:I agree this nerf is targeted at the wrong thing, they should have nerfed the rune, but cmon. No need to hyperbole scourges state. It just totally devalue your argument.

I agree its not wanted in fracs. Reaper needs a slight buff to its burst to be on par with guard/ele combo. I also agree it was unwanted in most endgame content for a long time but that doesnt mean it should be OP now. As long as its viable and wanted in content, which it currently is for 90% of the game, then its balance is in the right direction.

I disagree with many of your statements and I feel exactly what I said, but id mostly like to point out that I didnt say they should be OP - I said BALANCED so that they are wanted/used on par with all the other classes. I am so tired of being that last kid called, if at all, for anything.

The fact that they put out a broken af item and then felt that it was ok to nerf scourge instead of fixing a line of code on the item just totally shows how they feel about us in general - I have no idea why this is the case, nor can I even begin to reason why a development team would treat a class this way at all, but its still a blatant slap in the face to anyone who cares about their own scourge character, and that includes me.

I disagree with many of your statements and I feel exactly what I said, but id mostly like to point out that I didnt say they should be OP - I said BALANCED so that they are wanted/used on par with all the other classes. I am so tired of being that last kid called, if at all, for anything.

The fact that they put out a broken af item and then felt that it was ok to nerf scourge instead of fixing a line of code on the item just totally shows how they feel about us in general - I have no idea why this is the case, nor can I even begin to reason why a development team would treat a class this way at all, but its still a blatant slap in the face to anyone who cares about their own scourge character, and that includes me.

I couldn’t have said it better!!

@TexZero.7910 said:Nerf the rune not the trait.It wasn't an issue pre-patch, it only became one when a certain rune with NO ICD came into being. Either give the rune and ICD or give a real condition to trigger.

I’m soo glad I’m not the only one who is thinking this. I swear it’s like they gave the rune update to the intern and said, go lock yourself in a room and for the love of god whatever you do, don’t run any of this past the balance team.

In WvW scourge is still one of the strongest classes, and with the latest buff to scepter they went from being OP to even more OP there. Along with firebrand they are the bread and butter of WvW atm.

PvE (raids): power reaper can still use a tiny buff to become really strong, but unless you are doing speed runs, a reaper will generally out dps 90% of the dps'ers in a pug. Scourge have abit harder time, but is still used alot on several bosses (kiter on Sab, Epi on desmina etc) and is atleast by some people still considered the meta pick for some of the raid cm's (like Dhuum or Deimos).

About the nerf to abrasive Grit, this is mainly a WvW and PvP change, since who cares about the might gain in raids. For PvP I can see the problem, for WvW however... Its just a tiny and needed nerf to a very strong build there.

Sometimes I wonder if some people just dont play the class, or if they just dont know what their skills/traits do :/

@Sigfodr.9576 said:In WvW scourge is still one of the strongest classes, and with the latest buff to scepter they went from being OP to even more OP there. Along with firebrand they are the bread and butter of WvW atm.

PvE (raids): power reaper can still use a tiny buff to become really strong, but unless you are doing speed runs, a reaper will generally out dps 90% of the dps'ers in a pug. Scourge have abit harder time, but is still used alot on several bosses (kiter on Sab, Epi on desmina etc) and is atleast by some people still considered the meta pick for some of the raid cm's (like Dhuum or Deimos).

About the nerf to abrasive Grit, this is mainly a WvW and PvP change, since who cares about the might gain in raids. For PvP I can see the problem, for WvW however... Its just a tiny and needed nerf to a very strong build there.

Sometimes I wonder if some people just dont play the class, or if they just dont know what their skills/traits do :/

What exactly is tiny about a 5 sec ICD?!? That is not tiny in any version of the word. Again, the issue is that they chose to nerf the class and not the rune which they just updated barely 24 hours ago. I swear some people just assume instead of actually reading the comments.

@moonboi.1764 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:The discussion was disqualified the moment you implied that Necro has always been trash at everything

Since when did you get forum authority to disqualify or allow a discussion based on your opinion? Awful hubris of you.

When somebody goes in, throwing statements like that around you just know there won't be a normal discussion outside of "this has always been bad, you made it worse, I hate you"

I've been on the Internet a day or two mate. That's always how it goes. But I'll rephrase it for you because that way I won't get banned at least if that was so offensive. I'll just stay away from this topic altogether, far too heated and people aren't interested in discussing it really.

Edit: I prettied it up.

@Sigfodr.9576 said:In WvW scourge is still one of the strongest classes, and with the latest buff to scepter they went from being OP to even more OP there. Along with firebrand they are the bread and butter of WvW atm.

I Agree and they still are even after this nerf.

The problem isn't the cooldown on might gain, it's the condition clear that's the issue. Also 5 seconds is way too high for an ICD, and a 1 second cooldown would have sufficed, or better yet they could have just adjusted the rune to only give barrier on actual healing, and not life siphon!!!

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:The discussion was disqualified the moment you implied that Necro has always been trash at everything

Since when did you get forum authority to disqualify or allow a discussion based on your opinion? Awful hubris of you.

When somebody goes in, throwing statements like that around you just know there won't be a normal discussion outside of "this has always been bad, you made it worse, I hate you"

I've been on the Internet a day or two mate. That's always how it goes. But I'll rephrase it for you because that way I won't get banned at least if that was so offensive. I'll just stay away from this topic altogether, far too heated and people aren't interested in discussing it really.

Momma always told me to never feed the trolls.

Im not talking out my ass either - if you seem to think the class is fine, then thats you. It is not what most of us feel.

If you disagree, just walk outside your guild shelter and see if anyone will take a necro into a raid - or better yet, check the online sites that rate these things (snow crows) and see how often scourge is listed for anything anywhere (hint: it isnt much).

I know fan bois will be fan bois and/or trolls will be trolls, but damn. This is "necro is ok" bs is just god awful .

@moonboi.1764 said:

What exactly is tiny about a 5 sec ICD?!? That is not tiny in any version of the word. Again, the issue is that they chose to nerf the class and not the rune which they just updated barely 24 hours ago. I swear some people just assume instead of actually reading the comments.

Not really, in your title you're implying that necro has never been good in any game mode since the start of the game, which is just blatantly false if you had ever touched this game. He is just pointing that out too.

S> @ImperialWL.7138 said:

Not really, in your title you're implying that necro has never been good in any game mode since the start of the game, which is just blatantly false if you had ever touched this game. He is just pointing that out too.

Sadly, you make my point about people not reading the comments, as I’m not the OP of this thread.

Support Scourge is like other classes that are useable but slightly underpowered and this trait was a main part of that build, not the boon ripping builds that are the only strong builds due to the unique aspects of pvp and wvw. The problem with this is change is it is a strong nerf to a build that needed to not be nerfed because they didn't bother coming up with a better fix. This is even worse because it was due to a change outside the class and this is not a precedent we want to continue.

Can never go a single patch without Necro players crying. I swear it's been 6 years of this. Only time I have seen Necro players content was at the beginning of PoF when Scourge was completely brokenly overpowered. They didnt make a peep then...

Necro has been meta in WvW and PVP for the majority of those game modes existences. They havent been breakneck meta in PVE, sure, but they are perfectly viable in every way and Ive never seen a good necro get kicked from T4 fractals. I dont raid so I dont know about that end of PVE, but I do recall scourges being meta condiDPS.

As for PVP and WvW, Necros are meta, have been meta, and will continue to be meta regardless of how much you try to cry or decieve lesser knowledgable players on the forums.

Archived