Empyreal Shards

RiverSong.5067

I know some people have more than they need, now i believe them. Thing is i'm told to do Silverwastes to get it. It's not working out.

I would like to know how those people get so many shards that they have to toss it. Someone said WvW, whatever that is.

So is it PvP or Silverwastes with nothing in between?

Dungeon, gathering from LS3 maps, looting stuff in LS4. Wiki probably has the full list. I haven't keep track of the exact amount but when I was doing the kourna meta and getting some of the supplies I was able to keep up with feeding these to the Sentient Anomaly.

Last time I went to SW hoping to get some obsidian to craft the empyreal/dragonite/bloodstone dust I ended up with more and more of them instead and the obsidian couldn't keep up at all.

It's been a very long time since I needed emp frags but what I used to do is farm all the chests in sparkfly fen while I waited for teq. IIRC there are about ten chests there that each give a few shards once a day. There are more efficient methods, but if you do teq every day you're there anyway so it's just a way to make use of your time that will help you out a bit . . .

@RiverSong.5067 said:Someone said LS3 map but he never explained the acronym, is it one of the story i have to buy?

EDIT: I looked up the chests in Sparkfly Fen. There's one listed on the wiki and it seems to be part of a bounty or something.Going to try my luck with dungeons i suppose.

LS3 is Living World Season 3, and yes, unless you had been playing during release you need to purchase them, but they have a bundle of all the episodes that is discounted vs individual purchases. As for getting them from Silverwastes, I think what they meant to tell you was that you have to participate in the meta event and then do the Bandit Chest Train that usually happens afterwards, all of the Bandit Chests that spawn after the meat have Empyreal Shards in them.

LS3 means Living World Season 3. Yes, the maps need to be bought unless you logged in to the game when they were current.

For Empyreal Fragments, Episodes 2 and 5 (the maps Ember Bay and Draconis Mons) have gathering nodes whose basic output is Empyreal Fragments, and Episode 3 (map Bitterfrost Frontier) have tons of chests that gives EF.

If you get the Ley-Energy Matter Converter (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ley-Energy_Matter_Converter) it sometimes gives you the option of exchanging HoT map currency for a bag of 50 empyreal fragments. Need to have HoT, unlock Dragon's Stand and get a good Dragon's Stand map but it's straight forward to get.

I use it to supplement my supply for crafting toxic focusing crystals.

I craft a lot of ascended, so I use a bunch of them. Personally, I get them from: (1) Ember Bay (petrified nodes), (2) Bitterfrost (icebound chests), and (3) EOTM (daily runs with guild). Given the amount of time I allot for myself, I get on average between 150 and 200 fragments per day. I get lesser amounts from the noxious pods in Dragon Stand after the meta as well.

@RiverSong.5067 said:I know some people have more than they need, now i believe them. Thing is i'm told to do Silverwastes to get it. It's not working out.

I would like to know how those people get so many shards that they have to toss it. Someone said WvW, whatever that is.

So is it PvP or Silverwastes with nothing in between?

Silverwastes is one of the fastest (normal gameplay) methods of getting them. You'll have enough for a full ascended suit of armor in 2 or 3 days. But if you want to get so many stacks that they're pouring out your ears (and gold happens to be no object)... then buy thousands of fractal encryptions, and thousands of stabilizing matrices on the Trading Post. Turn the matrices into fractal encryption keys, and just open fractal encryptions for a few hours. You'll have so many stacks of ascended mats that you'll need to destroy them.

I got like 30 stacks of everything sitting in my bank this way (plus enough relics to buy the omnipotion). But it costs thousands of gold.

@"Gop.8713" said:Pretty sure you get a ton of them during wintersday too, which is right around the corner . . .

That was my memory, too, but... the drop rates from Wintersday Gifts was severely nerfed. Wiki data for 2017 gifts shows (on average)

• 0.18 Empyreal Fragments per gift
  • 0.0002 Empyreal Stars per gift.

So it's not enough to help someone avoid a long wait or potential grind.

The following logging nodes contribute 1-3 empyreal fragments per hit:

• Petrified Wood in Ember Bay (limit to ~16 nodes per day per account, ~50 strikes = ~ 100 fragments)
  • Primordial Orchids in Draconis Mons (~48 nodes per instance; I cannot find documentation of a hard cap, but even if there is, ~300 fragments)
  • Diflourite Crystals in Sandswept Isles (~50 nodes per instance; approximate limit of 150 hits, i.e ~300 fragments)

There are farming guides available using TACO (the GW2 Tactical Overlay), GW2 Timer, or various map guides.

As others have notes, they also drop from various chests in the open world (which also have farming routes noted above). Of those, I think the most-efficient would be

• Icebound Chests in Bitterfrost Frontier
  • Sunken Chests (if you have saved enough keys)
  • Bandit Chests (Silverwastes)
  • Kournan Supply Caches (Kourna)

@RiverSong.5067 said:I know some people have more than they need, now i believe them. Thing is i'm told to do Silverwastes to get it. It's not working out.What exactly isn't working for you in SW? You do meta stock on bandit crests, buy keys from merchant, go trough chests with farming squad. On top of shards you get bit obsidian shards and loot that if you open and slave on lv 49 will get you some coins.

Archived