Mesmers most broken class in this game

blx.8613

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@mortrialus.3062 said:Running into a 2v1 and tunnel visioning one guy while the other charges straight at you and can free cast on you is a recipe for disaster. In terms of burst, this level of explosiveness is pretty much the norm in this meta.

Especially when 12k damage comes from confusions and last 2 actions do almost 9k xd , he didnt bother to dodge even . Reddit have 1-2 funny posts tho :D

Nobody cares your pvp balance...honestlyMesmers will always have an edge over inexperienced players becuase the clone mechanic is simply not a mechanic anyone would put in a pvp-focused gameIts meant to be fun and cool in PvEAgain I say...this is mainly a PvE game and PvP balance matters very little in the big picture

@Amaranthe.3578 said:Nobody cares your pvp balance...honestlyMesmers will always have an edge over inexperienced players becuase the clone mechanic is simply not a mechanic anyone would put in a pvp-focused gameIts meant to be fun and cool in PvEAgain I say...this is mainly a PvE game and PvP balance matters very little

Well, could you please name an MMORPG, which has more balanced pvp, than GW2? At the state of 2018. (I know GW2 had seen much better days in spvp before expansions, but still.AND!!!I explicitly mean MMORPG, not a fucking MOBA like dota, or, god forgive, FPS like counter strike.Please, name just ONE. We'll wait.

If you can manage, I will immediately deinstall guild wars and will go play what you just named.However, if you can't, please, do this forum a favor, and keep your lunatic opinions to yourself.

Looks similar to a macro abusing condi mesmer I saw in WvW a while back, guy literally would jump on you with 1 macro stacking 20 confusion.

I'm more concerned about torment than confusion burst, confusion you can just run and kite, torment really messes you up and that's given out like candy on classes like rev, mesmer and I guess scourge if you tank a lot of their stuff.

Also yes as someone said, had that been a power shatter mesmer they'd be gone, likewise a power any class tbh.

@apharma.3741 said:Looks similar to a macro abusing condi mesmer I saw in WvW a while back, guy literally would jump on you with 1 macro stacking 20 confusion.

I'm more concerned about torment than confusion burst, confusion you can just run and kite, torment really messes you up and that's given out like candy on classes like rev, mesmer and I guess scourge if you tank a lot of their stuff.

Also yes as someone said, had that been a power shatter mesmer they'd be gone, likewise a power any class tbh.

On video you can see there was 3 bleeds/torments*, so what he did was to unload everything he had and necro survived even ,nerf inc . xDAlso if you main mesmer you should be aware its not something you need macros for

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@apharma.3741 said:Looks similar to a macro abusing condi mesmer I saw in WvW a while back, guy literally would jump on you with 1 macro stacking 20 confusion.

On video you can see there was 3 bleeds/torments*, so what he did was to unload everything he had and necro survived even ,nerf inc . xDAlso if you main mesmer you should be aware its not something you need macros for

I mean I'm more concerned with torment as a condition than confusion, confusion you can wait out, move around and dodge. Torment will do a lot of damage even standing still and completely shrek you if you have to move around.

Yeah you can do that without a macro if you're experienced with mesmer but if you were experienced you'd know not to. Like I say it looks like the condi mes I saw in WvW using a macro to spam everything onto someone then stealth and run away.

@Tiah.3091 said:

@Amaranthe.3578 said:Nobody cares your pvp balance...honestlyMesmers will always have an edge over inexperienced players becuase the clone mechanic is simply not a mechanic anyone would put in a pvp-focused gameIts meant to be fun and cool in PvEAgain I say...this is mainly a PvE game and PvP balance matters very little

Well, could you please name an MMORPG, which has more balanced pvp, than GW2? At the state of 2018. (I know GW2 had seen much better days in spvp before expansions, but still.AND!!!
I explicitly mean MMORPG, not a kitten MOBA like dota, or, god forgive, FPS like counter strike.
Please, name just
ONE
. We'll wait.

If you can manage, I will immediately deinstall guild wars and will go play what you just named.However, if you can't, please, do this forum a favor, and keep your lunatic opinions to yourself.

Perhaps you are the lunaticDid I say other MMOs have better pvp balance? No, perhaps you imagined I did?(seek help)What I said applies to any theme park MMORPG. These are PvE-focused games that focus on class uniqueness and flavor before balance.Considering how unique GW2 classes are we have amazing pvp balance.Especially when you consider how bad it was in the past...its really good now.

@daw.4923 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:Running into a 2v1 and tunnel visioning one guy while the other charges straight at you and can free cast on you is a recipe for disaster. In terms of burst, this level of explosiveness is pretty much the norm in this meta.

ah,good old excuse for stacking 30 stacks of confu in 1 sec.

May be you seen there 300?

@"TheDevice.2751" said:I think people also don't consider how it took zero cast time to dump all those conditions. That necro had to sit through his Axe2 (as it did nothing) and also get all those conditions dumped on him in under half a second.

Yeah, condis aren't supposed to be "bursts" like they show in that video. Sure -- confusion punishes the player for performing actions, but 20 confusion in under a second or two is very little time to react.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@"TheDevice.2751" said:I think people also don't consider how it took zero cast time to dump all those conditions. That necro had to sit through his Axe2 (as it did nothing) and also get all those conditions dumped on him in under half a second.

Yeah, condis aren't supposed to be "bursts" like they show in that video. Sure -- confusion punishes the player for performing actions, but 20 confusion in under a second or two is very little time to react.

Power oneshot builds give you more time to react? And confusion do no damage if you dont use anything + he seen mesmer coming ... and didnt used a single dodge ,what time to react he need ?

@TheDevice.2751 said:I think people also don't consider how it took zero cast time to dump all those conditions. That necro had to sit through his Axe2 (as it did nothing) and also get all those conditions dumped on him in under half a second.

But it doesn't take zero cast time. The necro had time to at least pull off one dodge but was tunneled on the person in front and then cleared most condis.

Im honestly so surprised by the amount of people defending the necro who just SAT there and ATE all the conditions. Not one dodge, not one look at his skill bar to see what condis he had on him. He literally would have taken less than half the damage with ONE dodge roll, and ONE stun break WHILE casting his heal. Instead he dodged zero times, spammed all his stun breaks and THEN casted his heal. Instead he cast three separate skills by mashing them in quick succession, instead of realizing what he was going against and what they could.

This is literally the equivalent of a mesmer eating an entire spin to win reaper shroud combo with quickness (which takes a little more than 2 seconds but still.) Then coming to the forum and complaining that reapers are OP.

@incisorr.9502 said:clickbait/sensationalism thread

out of 9 classes and about 14-15 meta builds the only semi-working condi build in the game is mesmer cus power is so ridiculously busted right now

literally 3-4 holos on average in all my games cus the power scaling is just stupid

Yes, we know you're a mesmer main with a hatred towards power classes. You've made that evidently clear by now.

Archived