Weaver need buff

Jack.7865

@Junkpile.7439 said:

@"Mini Crinny.6190" said:

@Junkpile.7439 you say weaver needs a nerf yet you make a thread saying weaver is weak?But i used my own build. In WvW everybody copy most broken build.

In terms of WvW, Ele is probably the most balanced class.. but everyone likes to talk about how strong ele is in WvW because there all Guardian and Necro mains

I'm curious to know your build;Actually i'm running the "broken" water/arcane with zerk/celestial/marauder; it's broken against eager noobs but against good players in holo or mirage, or range builds like soulbeast, deadeye... there is no match; it's no more about skill and brain, it's just about maths, and numbers of tp, kites, boons, blocks, burst, cc etc; if it is pefectly viable in pvp to hold a cap, it is not made to duel people in a large zone.I play also fresh air scepter/focus; it's a lot of fun but for solo roaming and compared to power mirage or thief that I play too it's very very squishy.I try too Fire/Air dagger/dagger in celestial set, strong burst, some potential; I try to balance dmg and sustain, differents runes ...

zhaid you can use mender and evasion agains duel condi mesmers for other players dwayna rune and avatar amulet same traits , but still as you said ele have no toughness if a warrior or holo can catch can kill you with 2 button but if they are add some toughness or attack stoper skill to weaver it will be balanced

• 2 weeks later...

At the moment Elementalist are jack-of-few-traits master-of-none.They demand very good macromanagement and timing and the reward is small compared tot he effort.

I play several other professions with Guardians and Thief being the oldest, and got a lit of other lvl 80.Usually do Open World, used to do fractals, run both sPvP and WvW.

Elementalists can be fun, but imo usually not worth it.Often an average player on any ither profession would be as beneficiel as a skilled elementalist... I find this to be kinda unfair.They could nerf the other professions, but I feel that would not be the way to go.

And random buffs would be just a headless..Think they need to look at all the skills, the narrow it down to which they want to fix first.But also be open for fixing the core mechanics.

• 3 weeks later...

Just ditch the idea of weaver for competitive pvp just like they dont try to make deadeye a competitive build and buff CORE ele or tempest instead. It's a clunky and non reactive playstyle to have no direct access to offhand skills and a shared attunement cooldown. With those self crippling mechanics weaver is neither enjoyable nor reactive enough to make it fun facing once it would be meta.

Reduce the damage across the other classes and their free sustain and ele will become much better. A lot of people don't like the meta and think the damage is too high already and it's true. Any new player can load up a meta build and roll across the keyboard to plat, why do you think we get so many bad players across the spectrum of PvP?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/63078/is-damage-too-high/p1

Archived