Best sigils and runes after update for roaming?

whoknocks.4935

Hey guys, just wondering after the update which could be the best sigil and runes to use in our mesmer roaming builds.

For hybrid I personally would still go happily with adventurer due to the recent power buff.

About sigils not sure, doom was good before, now it's even more good as cover condi and to help dealing with high sustain healing specs.

Now I am asking a more specific question, if I am running a sword/pistol build focused on CI and ineptitude for interrupts what could be a good sigil to put on sword?Draining seems pretty good for the damage and high gain on interrupt, or maybe something like the new absorption could be considered? Or maybe even the new Ruthlessness which gives 5 mights on interrupt without internal cooldown.

Of course double energy I think it's impossible to replace, so what you guys think?

I'll cast my vote for Superior rune of Antitoxin. Played around with it quite a bit yesterday while roaming and it's top notch. It's actually so useful with EM that even after the EM nerf this rune brings it back to greatness.

Tried running it with power shatter Duel/Inspire/Mirage with pain/recovery/midnight and it's faceroll against anything condi. 2 condi cleanse on dodge, torch, jaunt, shatter, heal, along with 6 condi cleanse on traited midnight. Condi mirage players who would normally be a somewhat difficult fight turned into laughably easy targets. You can basically ignore condi players while targeting the hard hitting power players when fighting outnumbered.

Even though the set offers condi damage as the bonus I'd argue that this set is optimal for mirage roaming on almost any build that isn't benefiting more from IH. Ran around with duel/dom while having only jaunt/EM as my cleanse and it worked effectively enough too. Your main weakness of course is dodging while dazed which is quite punishing. If you learn to play around that it's probably the best set for roaming. It obviously has even better synergy on a condi mirage but after more people start running around with this rune set I wager condi builds are going to fall off the roaming map.

@"Hackuuna.4085" said:I'll cast my vote for Superior rune of Antitoxin. Played around with it quite a bit yesterday while roaming and it's top notch. It's actually so useful with EM that even after the EM nerf this rune brings it back to greatness.

Tried running it with power shatter Duel/Inspire/Mirage with pain/recovery/midnight and it's faceroll against anything condi. 2 condi cleanse on dodge, torch, jaunt, shatter, heal, along with 6 condi cleanse on traited midnight. Condi mirage players who would normally be a somewhat difficult fight turned into laughably easy targets. You can basically ignore condi players while targeting the hard hitting power players when fighting outnumbered.

Even though the set offers condi damage as the bonus I'd argue that this set is optimal for mirage roaming on almost any build that isn't benefiting more from IH. Ran around with duel/dom while having only jaunt/EM as my cleanse and it worked effectively enough too. Your main weakness of course is dodging while dazed which is quite punishing. If you learn to play around that it's probably the best set for roaming. It obviously has even better synergy on a condi mirage but after more people start running around with this rune set I wager condi builds are going to fall off the roaming map.

Don't you think it's an over investment running all those anti condi?The majority of people I find while roaming are deadeyes, core thieves, daredevils, holos, reapers, soulbeasts, power mirages, spellbreakers, revenants, and against those professions having that many cleanses is nearly useless and you will be at serious disadvantage.

The only condi players I find around are few hybrid mirages like me, and some full condi mirage, scourges are not a big deal even running zero cleanses if you position yourself well and use evades correctly you will be touched by a single stack of torment only.

But the synergy with the new antitoxin is pretty powerful, what about sigils instead?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:Don't you think it's an over investment running all those anti condi?It is. A decent mirage is more than capable of dealing with condi just using the cleanse mantra.Plus the condi meta is almost dead now, bar a few exceptions. Power roflstomps all over it.

Exactly, he runs more condi cleanses than a firebrand xD

What about your new runes or sigil choices?

Apart from double energy what are good sigils to use?

Will be honest - I was trying antitoxin but after some testing decided I don't like it - not because it's not good, on the contrary actually because IMO it's crazy overpowered and I'm anticipating a nerf like an icd being added or something else, so don't want to get used to it to have the rug pulled out from under feet. Old diamond skin's got nothing on using RI or EM, menders purity and Jaunt plus cleansing sigils with this and tbh I don't like to see such comprehensive condi hardcounter potential so easily accessible.Nevermind the passive -45% duration on damaging conditions with renewing oasis. Sure I love being able to cleanse most random condis that hit in an outnumbered fight, but this is virtual immunity. Imagine an analagous potential vs power damage - like perma 80% (arbitrary number) damage reduction and preventing all crits or something, would be crazy.

Anyway have decided to go back to adventurer because the extra power is giving me 5k axe 3 crits and 8k F1 potential (with some might etc), nevermind confusion ticks and so on, which suits my playstyle.

Second reason is because I'm currently playing more warframe than gw2 so decided to stick with what's easy/ingrained in muscle memory so I don't have to think much about what I'm doing when playing gw2 - because tbh I'm enjoying crafting and playing warframe builds more at the moment.

But I am thinking of making an autohotkey timer script with visual overlay timer to keep track of the ICD on heal endurance, because in my opinion traited mirror is still by far our best heal vs the pew pew spam and I need to know exactly when the 6th bonus is off cooldown to be effective, not guessing at it. Eg if I've waited 4s after heal do I wait 4 more seconds for guaranteed endurance or do I need to heal in the next 2s, etc. Ideally it would be nice if Anet had this system built in to the game, but oh well.

Sigils of course double energy is still vital, and with the cleansing sigil buff I'm still running double of those and laughing - weapon swap is now the best defensive skill, every 9s get a free dodge and 3 condi removal!

Food of course still the 40% endurance to make up for (excessive) vigour nerfs, and toxic focusing crystals for stat maximisation.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:Don't you think it's an over investment running all those anti condi?It is. A decent mirage is more than capable of dealing with condi just using the cleanse mantra.Plus the condi meta is almost dead now, bar a few exceptions. Power roflstomps all over it.

Asks for recommendations.

Someone gets insulted and criticized within the first two posts when they give them theirs.

Cold world out there, bruh

@Rysdude.3824 said:

Asks for recommendations.

Someone gets insulted and criticized within the first two posts when they give them theirs.

Cold world out there, bruh

You have a weird view of what an insult is, he told me his build and I asked if it's not an over investment running all those condi cleanses since 90% of roamers is power and not condi, find me where I insult this guy please.

@Me Games Ma.8426 said:My personal Favorites:Condi Mirage: NightmarePower Mirage: SurgingPower Chrono/Core: Scholar, Strength

Cool runes I want to try out:Defender, Adventurer, Perplexity

Talking of full power mirage i didn't thought of surging, but doesn't seem a bad idea, for now sticking with scholar runes on it and what im trying out so far is sigil of draining on sword, it does damage and steal health and it does not have internal cooldown, with sword set you will interrupt quite a lot with ambushes and even with torch5.On greatsword im using sigil of air for extra damage and 100% proc every 3 seconds.But i think agility, severance, maybe doom too are all pretty good choices.

Defender rune maybe works quite well in a chrono build because you will have the most blocks of every other mesmer build, adventurer is perfect for hybrid builds, and perplexity a good rune for pure condi builds focused on stacking confusion as a primary condition.

@RabbitUp.8294 said:Has anybody tried the new Mirage runes? If (6) really doesn't have an icd, it could be extremely strong, especially against outnumbered situations.

We don't even know the radius of it, for example if a range pew pew me from 1500 range and I evade he gets torment? Or only if he is in radius of 240 or so? We don't know about ICD too as you said...

@RabbitUp.8294 said:Has anybody tried the new Mirage runes? If (6) really doesn't have an icd, it could be extremely strong, especially against outnumbered situations.

Tried them , felt underwhelming. Range is small if i remember correctly + felt like ICD of 1 sec or something.For Condi/Hybrid Tormenting is insane right now. Adventurer and Traveler were always good.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

Tried them , felt underwhelming. Range is small if i remember correctly + felt like ICD of 1 sec or something.For Condi/Hybrid Tormenting is insane right now. Adventurer and Traveler were always good.

Traveler ( as always ), Vision x2, energy x1, and 1 stacking sigil. Vision is amazing, Axe 3 crits for 4-5+k now, mind wracks range from 5.5-8k and scetper 3 is reaching 8-10k+ depending on the target.

For WvW

Once there is a non mirage mobility option akin to "Mirage Thrust" I might roam with something else. Until then I'll stick with Mirage and Traveler Runes. Can't imagine any rune that trumps traveler for me. Sigil wise I stick with Energy and Air. I need those evades and my foes need to feel the pain xD

Still Traveler runes for me. I can't pass up the movement speed and don't want to swap to focus constantly every night to move around quickly (or lose swiftness while in combat and potentially lose some chasing ability).

Energy sigils on both sets is practically a must for mirage, and I like doom/absorption sigils.

@"TyPin.9860" said:

For WvW

Once there is a non mirage mobility option akin to "Mirage Thrust" I might roam with something else. Until then I'll stick with Mirage and Traveler Runes. Can't imagine any rune that trumps traveler for me. Sigil wise I stick with Energy and Air. I need those evades and my foes need to feel the pain xD

If I run a sword build on mirage, the ambush leaps are enough for me to move around and I don't feel the necessity to run Traveler, it's not a bad rune, but it's Jack-of-all-trades rune; dependind on your build, there are better options to substitute it.

@Magolith.9412 said:Still Traveler runes for me. I can't pass up the movement speed and don't want to swap to focus constantly every night to move around quickly (or lose swiftness while in combat and potentially lose some chasing ability).

Energy sigils on both sets is practically a must for mirage, and I like doom/absorption sigils.

I know maybe this will sound like a terribly noob question, but when you enter combat, is there a difference if you have the passive 25% movement speed or not?Because when you enter combat you are automatically slowed down and even if you have swiftness you don't move anymore at full 33% speed, how is that calculated?

If i don't run any mov speed buff/boon and you run traveler rune and we both get hit by an enemy and we enter combat, you will move faster than me still?I think if you run traveler runes and you get superspeed by mirage clock you will move at 50% mov speed, because superspeed doubles your speed, out of combat i think it's capped and it's the same as swiftness.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@Magolith.9412 said:Still Traveler runes for me. I can't pass up the movement speed and don't want to swap to focus constantly every night to move around quickly (or lose swiftness while in combat and potentially lose some chasing ability).

I know maybe this will sound like a terribly noob question, but when you enter combat, is there a difference if you have the passive 25% movement speed or not?Because when you enter combat you are automatically slowed down and even if you have swiftness you don't move anymore at full 33% speed, how is that calculated?

If i don't run any mov speed buff/boon and you run traveler rune and we both get hit by an enemy and we enter combat, you will move faster than me still?I think if you run traveler runes and you get superspeed by mirage clock you will move at 50% mov speed, because superspeed doubles your speed, out of combat i think it's capped and it's the same as swiftness.

Movement speed is reduced by 33% in combat. I'd still be moving 25% faster than you if I had trav runes and you had no movement speed buffs.

It doesn't matter as much in a short fight due to mobility skills/utils, but that 25% can make a big difference when you're just kiting around or in a drawn-out chase where somebody's trying to run away that has swiftness. They still have a slight edge, but no where near as much as if you had no speed buff.

@Magolith.9412 said:

Movement speed is reduced by 33% in combat. I'd still be moving 25% faster than you if I had trav runes and you had no movement speed buffs.

It doesn't matter as much in a short fight due to mobility skills/utils, but that 25% can make a big difference when you're just kiting around or in a drawn-out chase where somebody's trying to run away.

Now I am running a full zerk standard gs sword torch build with scholar runes, I am tempted to try out traveler, but maybe the dps loss will be significant. You run hybrid?

About sigils there are many good options out there, double energy is obviously a must, but air, vision, absorption, draining, cleansing are all good options, I find doom one of the best overall, it really shuts down high regen specs if the fight goes on for quite a bit of time, and if you run hybrid condi it's a great added cover condi.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

It doesn't matter as much in a short fight due to mobility skills/utils, but that 25% can make a big difference when you're just kiting around or in a drawn-out chase where somebody's trying to run away.

Now I am running a full zerk standard gs sword torch build with scholar runes, I am tempted to try out traveler, but maybe the dps loss will be significant. You run hybrid?

Yea, I've been running hybrid for over a year. Before that (even during the reign of condi mesmer) I always ran full power in various builds. (I strongly dislike full condi.)

Scholar is great for the added damage, especially if you're in small group fights where raw damage becomes more important than mobility/speed. If I were to solo roam as glass power again, I'd still be using Travelers though. Simply too much cardio in WVW in-between fights for me to give up the movement speed.

Scholar is great for the added damage, especially if you're in small group fights where raw damage becomes more important than mobility/speed. If I were to solo roam as glass power again, I'd still be using Travelers though. Simply too much cardio in WVW in-between fights for me to give up the movement speed.

This :)Additionally there is boon duration and condi duration on Travelers. Might be useful for at least vuln and might, which are handy in any build I guess.

I agree that for pure damage other runes might be more useful, but walking with normal speed is just painful... even with the leaps and ports...

@Magolith.9412 said:

Yea, I've been running hybrid for over a year. Before that (even during the reign of condi mesmer) I always ran full power in various builds. (I strongly dislike full condi.)

I will try them out then :D

Yeah I started to dislike condi as well, but I saw many people did exactly like me, i am a kinda new mesmer and people got into the spec first playing condi and then after a while switched to hybrid or full power, full condi especially with trailblazer is seriously too easy mode and carrying, you can afford too many mistakes before dying, with full power is another story.

Archived