playing revenant is borderline exploiting

incisorr.9502

@JayAction.9056 said:

@"rowdy.5107" said:rev is just a poor mans thief in my opinion. fun class to play. but thieves and mesmers do everything a rev can do, but so much better.

Funny, the thieves say that Rev is a rich mans Thief.Tell me, what exactly is that
"everything"
which thieves can do better?

Thief has;

Way higher damage than rev, it’s no competition. Even in a PVE environment it’s not even close. Power vs Power

High mobility than rev/sustain (once again no competition). Thief can cross entire DBL in like a minute.

People keep complying on rev because they lose to Revs that are nowhere near their own skill level. Rev has the LOWEST power damage by about 20-30% and LOWEST burst but people died to Rev hardest hitting attack and just can’t take it mentally.

Hmm hold up - how can Rev has lowest burst/damage? DPS-wise perhaps rev's not the best, but that's generally not rev's role. I believe Rev has one of the best burst damage in PvP, complimented by great engaging skills (OH sword for damage, Phase and Staff 5 for engaging). The thing is Rev's gotta land its OH sword skills to deal damage (by baiting dodges, CC, using quickness, etc.) - although to be fair Thief's gotta be careful in landing his steal too.

DBL is irrelevant here, this is a PvP thread - although you're right in that thief has better out of combat mobility than rev, thus making it better in decapping and disengaging. A rev is only better at disengaging if he makes the decision to pull out early enough - otherwise he'd have burnt some disengaging skills for sustain (staff 3 & 5) and energy (even worse if legend swap is on CD, you're on Shiro with no energy).

And I do play Rev as my main - I'm not very good but good enough to know what Rev has.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@JayAction.9056 said:

@"rowdy.5107" said:rev is just a poor mans thief in my opinion. fun class to play. but thieves and mesmers do everything a rev can do, but so much better.

Funny, the thieves say that Rev is a rich mans Thief.Tell me, what exactly is that
"everything"

Thief has;

Way higher damage than rev, it’s no competition. Even in a PVE environment it’s not even close. Power vs Power

High mobility than rev/sustain (once again no competition). Thief can cross entire DBL in like a minute.

People keep complying on rev because they lose to Revs that are nowhere near their own skill level. Rev has the LOWEST power damage by about 20-30% and LOWEST burst but people died to Rev hardest hitting attack and just can’t take it mentally.

Lowest power dmg, lowest burst....

I am sorry, but I am not even gonna argument against this as this is utterly and objectively not true and very widely known fact at that.

The point of my sarcastic post was that Rev has by miles higher dmg than thief, by miles higher sustain, same engage potential and only worse disengage.You could not, even as a joke, say that Rev has lowest burst dmg, or dmg overall.

@Alatar.7364 said:

"everything"

Thief has;

I am sorry, but I am not even gonna argument against this as this is utterly and objectively not true and very widely known fact at that.

The point of my sarcastic post was that Rev has by miles higher dmg than thief, by miles higher sustain, same engage potential and only worse disengage.You could not, even as a joke, say that Rev has lowest burst dmg, or dmg overall.

Do you know what dead eye is? Do you know what staff DD is? Core thief?

Every class has the capabilities to do higher burst than Rev in a pvp viable build. In all game modes Rev burst is the lowest. Even more so in PvP however. I’m guessing you got dumpstered by somebody playing rev?

@JayAction.9056 said:

"everything"

Thief has;

Every class has the capabilities to do higher burst than Rev in a pvp viable build. In all game modes Rev burst is the lowest. Even more so in PvP however. I’m guessing you got dumpstered by somebody playing rev?

S/D 3 button combo + almost half of Ini pool = 6763.D/P 4 button combo + more than half Ini pool = 7853 if you get behind, 3890 if front.

Rev, 1 button = 9789

All critics. Medium target. Match tested.

Staff Thief.... lol... not gonna react to that.

Was not talking about DE at all, would have said so if I did.

I main Rev, oh clever one.I know of only one other Rev that can and will effectively beat me every single time. Second one I dont know the name off but remember getting shreked.You using such a weak argument such as "dumpstered by somebody playing Rev" only shows your bias toward something you like, proving you don't argue here from an objective point of view.

Once again, I can't for the love of god, believe my eyes that somebody is actually claiming Rev burst is the lowest. Only biased Rev main could possibly release such a statement in to the world.

@JayAction.9056 said:

"everything"

Thief has;

Ask the best Revs right now and I bet a majority of them will agree OH sword is very strong right now (some might even say broken). I've heard Rev streamers say that, and almost everyone on this forum (except for you) says that. Rev might be weak at a few things but burst damage is definitely NOT one of them.

@Alatar.7364 said:

"everything"

Thief has;

S/D 3 button combo + almost half of Ini pool = 6763.D/P 4 button combo + more than half Ini pool = 7853 if you get behind, 3890 if front.

Rev, 1 button = 9789

I main Rev, oh clever one.I know of only one other Rev that can and will effectively beat me every single time. Second one I dont know the name off but remember getting shreked.You using such a weak argument such as "dumpstered by somebody playing Rev" only shows your bias toward something you like, proving you don't argue here from an objective point of view.

Once again, I can't for the love of god, believe my eyes that somebody is actually claiming Rev burst is the lowest. Only biased Rev main could possibly release such a statement in to the world.

9789 from1 “button” on rev. What’s this button bro? You did that much damage, I’ll assume berserker so this is almost possible. I’ll assume 25 might stacks to..

You did this vs medium armor dummy? Screens or it didn’t happen lol.

@idolin.2831 said:

"everything"

Thief has;

Ask the best Revs right now and I bet a majority of them will agree OH sword is very strong right now (some might even say broken). I've heard Rev streamers say that, and almost everyone on this forum (except for you) says that. Rev might be weak at a few things but burst damage is definitely NOT one of them.

I farm every rev NA

@JayAction.9056 said:

"everything"

Thief has;

Rev, 1 button = 9789

9789 from1 “button” on rev. What’s this button bro? You did that much damage, I’ll assume berserker so this is almost possible. I’ll assume 25 might stacks to..

You did this vs medium armor dummy? Screens or it didn’t happen lol.

Had to ask a guy to duel me after your denial post.Told you the screenshot was Match tested, so this one is with even much less might stacks then Rev will actually achieve in actual Match and much less then what you even though I did it with, so ...The HP bar is exactly at 50% capacity with 11k HP so keep your Berserker excuses to yourself ;)Have fun.HI7l0Wr.png

@JayAction.9056 said:

"everything"

Thief has;

I farm every rev NA

Cute, let's see those screens you like to ask people for when they make ridiculous claims.

Jokes aside, Jay has a point with rev not being as monstrous as people think, especially when making comparisons to a thief you have to take into account that thief wins the 1v1 against rev assuming equal skill between players. It's not as noticeable now with OH sword giving you the ability to 1 shot (needs a damage nerf, that can't be argued no matter who you are) but it's an important factor. It's the same reason why power mes or FA ele were never top tier meta builds, thief shut them out too easily for their advantages over thief performance to be worth it. If rev's OH sword is nerfed, as it should be, then you will see a significant decrease in rev's viability compared to other profs simply because OH sword's damage is the main thing keeping them in the game right now.

@Ario.8964 said:

Cute, let's see those screens you like to ask people for when they make ridiculous claims.

You can check my screenshots for my ridiculous statement right now above your very post.I even kited long enough until my Might stacks dropped. It is practically impossible for Rev to not have 20-25 might stacks, since Rev grants them to itself automaticaly and very very very frequently.If that person above wanted a screen without might stacks, then that would be pure alibism which practically can't be reached in actual Match, it would be like asking Mes/Mirage to post screens of F1/2/3 without Clones.

@Alatar.7364 said:

You can check my screenshots for my
ridiculous statement
right now above your very post.I even kited long enough until my Might stacks
dropped
. It is practically impossible for Rev to not have 20-25 might stacks, since Rev grants them to itself automaticaly and very very very frequently.If that person above wanted a screen without might stacks, then that would be pure alibism which practically can't be reached in actual Match, it would be like asking Mes/Mirage to post screens of F1/2/3 without Clones.

Was asking Jay for the screens of him farming every rev NA since he likes to talk big, sorry it wasn't clear.

@Ario.8964 said:

You can check my screenshots for my
ridiculous statement
right now above your very post.I even kited long enough until my Might stacks
dropped
. It is practically impossible for Rev to not have 20-25 might stacks, since Rev grants them to itself automaticaly and very very very frequently.If that person above wanted a screen without might stacks, then that would be pure alibism which practically can't be reached in actual Match, it would be like asking Mes/Mirage to post screens of F1/2/3 without Clones.

Was asking Jay for the screens of him farming every rev NA since he likes to talk big, sorry it wasn't clear.

Nah, that was my bad apparently.Sorry

@Alatar.7364

you did about 20% less damage than your claimed scenario with 13 might and 8 vuln on a thief with none of the possible damage reductions. I assumed best case scenario in hopes your claim could magically happen.

Thief can burst much higher than that

Everything I said still stands.

@Ario.8964

I don’t take screens of daily occurrences. Though Im not near my computer to post screens atm.

@JayAction.9056 said:@Alatar.7364

you did about 20% less damage than your claimed scenario with 13 might and 8 vuln on a thief with none of the possible damage reductions. I assumed best case scenario in hopes your claim could magically happen.

@Ario.8964

I don’t take screens of daily occurrences. Though Im not near my computer to post screens atm.

Nothing you said stands.The vul was done by SW, D'Uh.You said I did 9.7 with zerk and 25 mights, I did 8.2 with Marauder and 13 stacks.Real case scenario would be 25 stacks which equals roughly the dmg I stated original.Nothing you say stands. You got a proof but you deliberately chose to ignore it. Nothing you said stands...

@Ario.8964 said:

I farm every rev NA

Jokes aside, Jay has a point with rev not being as monstrous as people think, especially when making comparisons to a thief you have to take into account that thief wins the 1v1 against rev assuming equal skill between players. It's not as noticeable now with OH sword giving you the ability to 1 shot (needs a damage nerf, that can't be argued no matter who you are) but it's an important factor. It's the same reason why power mes or FA ele were never top tier meta builds, thief shut them out too easily for their advantages over thief performance to be worth it. If rev's OH sword is nerfed, as it should be, then you will see a significant decrease in rev's viability compared to other profs simply because OH sword's damage is the main thing keeping them in the game right now.

Yeah I'm just countering his point of Rev having low burst damage. Thief obviously has many advantages over rev - just as rev also does. I'm not sure about 1v1 - both Rev and Thief are not for that purpose but with UA, Reveal, high burst damage, good gap-closer and okay-ish sustain in 1v1s, I'd be more inclined to say Rev. I'm not too good however so I might be wrong :/

As for OH sword nerf: It's reasonable to nerf OH sword, but there needs to be a buff along with it - either to sustain (like a buff to Shield, or a defensive buff to traits), and/or a buff to MH sword. A buff to both MH sword and Shield would be interesting - I'd love to try playing Sword/Shield and be more of a 1v1 role.

@idolin.2831 said:

I farm every rev NA

Yeah I'm just countering his point of Rev having low burst damage. Thief obviously has many advantages over rev - just as rev also does. I'm not sure about 1v1 - both Rev and Thief are not for that purpose but with UA, Reveal, high burst damage, good gap-closer and okay-ish sustain in 1v1s, I'd be more inclined to say Rev. I'm not too good however so I might be wrong :/

As for OH sword nerf: It's reasonable to nerf OH sword, but there needs to be a buff along with it - either to sustain (like a buff to Shield, or a defensive buff to traits), and/or a buff to MH sword. A buff to both MH sword and Shield would be interesting - I'd love to try playing Sword/Shield and be more of a 1v1 role.

Shield would be so much better if they got rid of the root on 5. Then bringing it for disengage and repositioning would be a viable pick. As far as the thief and rev 1v1, if the thief is d/p they win cause stealth destroys revs damage as their skills require targets to go off (except for autos and sword 4). If the thief is s/d the fight is much closer but thief's positioning advantage plus the very strong influence of the stolen skill I think ends up shifting the fight just ever so slightly to the thief. It's not unwinnable by any means, but from all the testing I've done with people the fight is favored to thief.

@JayAction.9056 said:@Alatar.7364

@Ario.8964

So basically, you have 0 evidence and are making baseless claims. Got it.

i cant understand how you dont see that a thief got way better mobility than a revenant.Its not even a competition, thieves got the best mobility ingame and their entire kit is all about evasion and mobility.

Every thief runs a shortbow, and with shortbow and steal alone they rock the field with mobility, now add in daredevil dodges for more mobility, shadowstep, MH sword 2 heck, even heartseeker is a decent mobility option if MH dagger.

it wont ever be a contest, thieves got most mobility in game and thats completely fine, thats what they are about.

@Noha.3749 said:i cant understand how you dont see that a thief got way better mobility than a revenant.Its not even a competition, thieves got the best mobility ingame and their entire kit is all about evasion and mobility.

Every thief runs a shortbow, and with shortbow and steal alone they rock the field with mobility, now add in daredevil dodges for more mobility, shadowstep, MH sword 2 heck, even heartseeker is a decent mobility option if MH dagger.

it wont ever be a contest, thieves got most mobility in game and thats completely fine, thats what they are about.

it depends on the situation, roaming around with a shortbow, or racing towards a node yea d/p thief wins for sure, because of this has an additional role of taking decapping to the extreme

in +1 situations, when an enemy duelist flees the node and you need to kill it will be rev who has instant 1800 port (pt+s5), with another 1200 coming 5 seconds later. Sure this is something a thief can match using shortbow and ports (and back if needed), but at a much higher cost.Rev can reset much faster, and do this over and over again, all utilies and skills are low cooldown.

you only have to kite for 10 seconds towards a nice safe no port spot, or just wait 10 seconds trying to pick a target to have 100% energy in shiro, turning you into an absolute deathmachine with really no counter other than no port spots itself.

@Koen.1327 said:

@"Noha.3749" said:i cant understand how you dont see that a thief got way better mobility than a revenant.Its not even a competition, thieves got the best mobility ingame and their entire kit is all about evasion and mobility.

it depends on the situation, roaming around with a shortbow, or racing towards a node yea d/p thief wins for sure, because of this has an additional role of taking decapping to the extreme

in +1 situations, when an enemy duelist flees the node and you need to kill it will be rev who has instant 1800 port (pt+s5), with another 1200 coming 5 seconds later. Sure this is something a thief can match using shortbow and ports (and back if needed), but at a much higher cost.Rev can reset much faster, and do this over and over again, all utilies and skills are low cooldown.

you only have to kite for 10 seconds towards a nice safe no port spot, or just wait 10 seconds trying to pick a target to have 100% energy in shiro, turning you into an absolute deathmachine with really no counter other than no port spots itself.

I still completely dissagree :p (isnt it lovely that we all have different opinions xD?)

Sure a revenant got great "burst engage", but using up pt + s5 you really only have enough energy for a single shortened burstrotation, and switching into glint to add up with more burst locks you our of shiros mobility options for the duration. They do however bring great cleave and distruption against multiple opponents.= Fast engage, great burst, avrage disengage

A thief can s2 through a wall for (is it 900 range?) (or shadowshot if d/p for 600range), steal with 1200 range, shadowstep 1200 range, shortbow5 whenever for whatever innitiative there is to spare for 900range and none of this really effects their way to disengage or burst. Also alot of thieves run that heal+dodge thingy with is it.. 300range?.I do think revenants burst is harder though, but a thief is more "disruptive" against a single target with boonrip + daze(if s/d), daze+daze(if d/p) and alot of the damage actually comes from the auto attacks and "well timed" dazes/boonrips.= fastest engage, good burst, great single target distruption, great disengage.

@Noha.3749 said:

@Noha.3749 said:i cant understand how you dont see that a thief got way better mobility than a revenant.Its not even a competition, thieves got the best mobility ingame and their entire kit is all about evasion and mobility.

I still completely dissagree :p (isnt it lovely that we all have different opinions xD?)

Sure a revenant got great "burst engage", but using up pt + s5 you really only have enough energy for a single shortened burstrotation, and switching into glint to add up with more burst locks you our of shiros mobility options for the duration. They do however bring great cleave and distruption against multiple opponents.= Fast engage, great burst, avrage disengage

A thief can s2 through a wall for (is it 900 range?) (or shadowshot if d/p for 600range), steal with 1200 range, shadowstep 1200 range, shortbow5 whenever for whatever innitiative there is to spare for 900range and none of this really effects their way to disengage or burst. Also alot of thieves run that heal+dodge thingy with is it.. 300range?.I do think revenants burst is harder though, but a thief is more "disruptive" against a single target with boonrip + daze(if s/d), daze+daze(if d/p) and alot of the damage actually comes from the auto attacks and "well timed" dazes/boonrips.= fastest engage, good burst, great single target distruption, great disengage.

Yeah, thief can out mobilty most classes from a to b, but has little to no iniaitve left to be a real threat where as rev can still crazy dangerous.

@JayAction.9056 said:

"everything"

Thief has;

I don't honestly know if you play PvP, Revs have one of the best burst in the game right now an i don't know how you can't notice it, maybe you don't see a lot of decent revenants but still. Claming that they have the lowest power damage ? wtf

@incisorr.9502 said:whatever i guess there's no hope that this class will ever get addressed?

rips off sunglassesIt's been addressed since revenant dropped!Are you really freaking out over glint shiro power heralds?

@"kin korn karn.9023" said:relatively high sustain (at least in short bursts)

I don't know if that sounds reasonable to you, but to me it sounds like "I'm upset I burst damaged infuse light."You cannot sustain in short bursts. Sustain is not synonymous with "healing that depends on incoming damage for 6 seconds every minute."

Sword 4 might need shaving for what it can do. On the whole though, it's far from "borderline exploiting." If you're mad because a revenant got all his health back by swapping into glint and flipping light facet in time with your burst, you got outplayed.

EDIT:Op is a Mirage main, balance cluelessness checks out.

@everyman.4375 said:

"everything"

Thief has;

I don't honestly know if you play PvP, Revs have one of the best burst in the game right now an i don't know how you can't notice it, maybe you don't see a lot of decent revenants but still. Claming that they have the lowest power damage ? kitten

You don’t know if I play PVP? You must be low ranked

@Ario.8964 said:

So basically, you have 0 evidence and are making baseless claims. Got it.

Do you ever look at the leaderboard? I’ve been trashing people since the game has been out consistently. I don’t take screens of daily occurrences dude. I’ve been ranked 50+ plenty. You have to beat near everyone for that...

Archived