playing revenant is borderline exploiting

incisorr.9502

@Eugchriss.2046 said:I am pretty sure it s the same annoyement that the classes which have 0 target TP feel when a class with location TP manage to escape with 1 hp.Thus if you want to add line of sight in the TP algorithm, then add it for all kind of TP. Meaning that the mes in my vid could t have TP since there were no line of sight (from his POV) to get up there. The stairs were hidden by a wall (again from his POV).

I'm just asking for equality. If you guys want line of sight for target TP then let's add it for ALL KIND of TP..

Ahahahahahaha ,just ahahhahahaha. Blink can be used regardless of LOS! Breakings news

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@JayAction.9056 said:

@"rowdy.5107" said:rev is just a poor mans thief in my opinion. fun class to play. but thieves and mesmers do everything a rev can do, but so much better.

Funny, the thieves say that Rev is a rich mans Thief.Tell me, what exactly is that
"everything"
which thieves can do better?

Thief has;

Way higher damage than rev, it’s no competition. Even in a PVE environment it’s not even close. Power vs Power

High mobility than rev/sustain (once again no competition). Thief can cross entire DBL in like a minute.

People keep complying on rev because they lose to Revs that are nowhere near their own skill level. Rev has the LOWEST power damage by about 20-30% and LOWEST burst but people died to Rev hardest hitting attack and just can’t take it mentally.

I don't honestly know if you play PvP, Revs have one of the best burst in the game right now an i don't know how you can't notice it, maybe you don't see a lot of decent revenants but still. Claming that they have the lowest power damage ? kitten

You don’t know if I play PVP? You must be low ranked

you did about 20% less damage than your claimed scenario with 13 might and 8 vuln on a thief with none of the possible damage reductions. I assumed best case scenario in hopes your claim could magically happen.

Thief can burst much higher than that

Everything I said still stands.

I don’t take screens of daily occurrences. Though Im not near my computer to post screens atm.

So basically, you have 0 evidence and are making baseless claims. Got it.

Do you ever look at the leaderboard? I’ve been trashing people since the game has been out consistently. I don’t take screens of daily occurrences dude. I’ve been ranked 50+ plenty. You have to beat near everyone for that...

I look at the leaderboard, and when I see that the #1 player is a 1 shot DE I stop looking because that alone shows how absurd the leaderboard is to begin with. Rank means nothing and the fact that you have it drilled into your head that being on the leaderboard means you "farm every rev NA" baffles me. Is your ego THAT big? Or could it be that you still have 0 evidence of these "daily occurrences" you have been mentioning and are making poor excuses because someone finally called you out? If it's a daily thing, take 2 seconds out of your normal routine to press 1 button for a screenshot of you farming all these revs and post it. It's not hard, the problem is that you can't and won't because it simply isn't true. Better yet, go and take unedited videos of you"farming" lora, fahad, rarnark, mur, and zol on their revs 1v1 and I will write you a personal apology post admitting how wrong I am. Until then, cut the BS.

@"rowdy.5107" said:rev is just a poor mans thief in my opinion. fun class to play. but thieves and mesmers do everything a rev can do, but so much better.

Funny, the thieves say that Rev is a rich mans Thief.Tell me, what exactly is that
"everything"

Thief has;

Way higher damage than rev, it’s no competition. Even in a PVE environment it’s not even close. Power vs Power

High mobility than rev/sustain (once again no competition). Thief can cross entire DBL in like a minute.

People keep complying on rev because they lose to Revs that are nowhere near their own skill level. Rev has the LOWEST power damage by about 20-30% and LOWEST burst but people died to Rev hardest hitting attack and just can’t take it mentally.

I don't honestly know if you play PvP, Revs have one of the best burst in the game right now an i don't know how you can't notice it, maybe you don't see a lot of decent revenants but still. Claming that they have the lowest power damage ? kitten

You don’t know if I play PVP? You must be low ranked

you did about 20% less damage than your claimed scenario with 13 might and 8 vuln on a thief with none of the possible damage reductions. I assumed best case scenario in hopes your claim could magically happen.

Thief can burst much higher than that

Everything I said still stands.

I don’t take screens of daily occurrences. Though Im not near my computer to post screens atm.

So basically, you have 0 evidence and are making baseless claims. Got it.

Do you ever look at the leaderboard? I’ve been trashing people since the game has been out consistently. I don’t take screens of daily occurrences dude. I’ve been ranked 50+ plenty. You have to beat near everyone for that...

I look at the leaderboard, and when I see that the #1 player is a 1 shot DE I stop looking because that alone shows how absurd the leaderboard is to begin with. Rank means nothing and the fact that you have it drilled into your head that being on the leaderboard means you "farm every rev NA" baffles me. Is your ego THAT big? Or could it be that you still have 0 evidence of these "daily occurrences" you have been mentioning and are making poor excuses because someone finally called you out? If it's a daily thing, take 2 seconds out of your normal routine to press 1 button for a screenshot of you farming all these revs and post it. It's not hard, the problem is that you can't and won't because it simply isn't true. Better yet, go and take unedited videos of you"farming" lora, fahad, rarnark, mur, and zol on their revs 1v1 and I will write you a personal apology post admitting how wrong I am. Until then, cut the BS.

Dude if you're so great let me see you get top 10. Leaderboard is literally everything lmfao.

Rank means "nothing"? Dude come into reality.

Lora? Mediocre at rev.... and loses to me playing Holo, while I'm on Rev. LMFAO

Mur????? Doesn't even play rev, and i beat him while I'm on rev easily.

Rarnark???? who is this????? This person plays rev? Dude you just be saying stuff that isn't even true lmfao...

ZOL???? I smash him every game dude.

If leaderboard doesn't mean anything why are you even mentioning those names? Have you ever even been top 25? I can't take you serious with all this emotional kitten dude. The leaderboard is there for a reason bro.

Clown isn't that great ima be real... but I'm pretty sure he will farm you lol.... DO YOU EVEN HAVE A TOP 25 TITLE? HAVE YOU EVER EXISTED IN TOP 25.

You must not be high rated at all dude. The fact I have to even convince you of this says you haven't been playing high rating at least for a good year or long if you ever have lmfao. Ima do like Naru and stop arguing with everybody so clueless on the forums lmfao.

Difference between you and Naru is that he can back up all the stuff he says where you still have yet to do that. Again, if it's so easy to farm all these revs then it's not hard to press a button that screenshots the farming.

I never claimed I was good at this game, but I will say I have a much better understanding of balance and class interactions than you which has been made very obvious by your postings here. I don't have a ridiculous ego so it's easy for me to look past my own shortcomings, something you need a lot of work on.

@Solori.6025 said:

"everything"

Thief has;

When max damage builds are objectively compared between all the classes, rev along with necro are the 2 bottom power dps classes in the game. Necro was slightly higher before the rune and sigil update and herald simply hasn't been updated, so it will probably be a bit lower from the scholar rune change, regardless every other class has a power build that does 2-10k more dps than rev. There are a few problems with applying these numbers to pvp: there are a lot of skill splits currently so pvp balance is quite different from pve, some classes can self buff better than others which is more important in pvp, and classes don't run max damage builds in pvp.

With regards to skill splits between game modes, most classes except for maybe ele would lose a decent amount of damage if pvp balance was applied to pve. While it is hard to say conclusively (much harder than I want to bother with), there is a high probability that if pvp balance was applied to pve, and the damage benchmarks were redone, rev would probably be the lowest on the list and by a fairly large margin. This is because since people started doing these benchmarks, rev has always been at or near the bottom of the list for power damage, and as such has received a very high number of pve specific damage buffs and pvp specific damage nerfs over the years, yet despite all that it is still at the bottom of the pve dps rankings.

With regards to self buffing capabilities, yes rev can self stack might better than most classes though they can all self stack 25 might if they build for it. What this does is allow rev to catch-up with and slightly surpass higher potential dps builds that can't stack might. Balance wise it makes sense for the might stacker to surpass the non might stacker all else being equal because might can be countered with boon rip unlike higher natural damage, and a non might stacker can potentially gain might from an ally to gain even higher damage where a self might stacker is already capped and gains nothing.

With regards to classes not running max damage, this is obviously true aside from meme builds. Most classes run at least 1 defensive traitline and 2 defensive utilities in their meta builds with the exceptions being herald and non blood necros. Pure pvp'ers like to say that weaver does too low of damage, but they don't consider that standard weaver build is using almost full defensive traits, utilities, and a mender's amulet while using a fairly defensive rotation dipping into water to riptide off cool down almost every time. A weaver with fire, air, and marauder does an absurd amount of damage but dies insanely easily so it isn't really worth it (see
which is wvw but still way more damage than a rev could do in the same settings). Meta rev on the other hand has decent enough baseline survivability to not be a rally bot, so they go nearly full damage with their build to compensate the inherently low damage potential.

Why are you bringing WvW and PvE discussions in a spvp thread?Like those modes are HIGHLY irrelevant to the entire discussion at hand.Why even attempt to draw a comparison or even bring up those two game modes?

I've actually been hit by a 28k churning earth by a weaver this season in SPvP, hilariously enough. Weaver is not good, but the meme is still real in SPvP.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Eugchriss.2046 said:I guess this is what the OP was talking about xD :
As PT is a teleport skill, If you remove it, you should remove all tp skills (including Mirage thrust and Blink)Fyi neither mirage thrust or blink doesnt ignore walls like PT/sword5 . Those skills you try to mention nothing alike . Only skills that are similar is thief signet and steal and sword2

Well they actually are. They re all in the category "teleportation skills". While mes/thief/ele ones teleports to a LOCATION, rev/thief/guard/nec ones teleport to a TARGET. They re entirely the same.

It's still pretty annoying that ground targeted shadowsteps like shadow step, lightning flash, and blink need line of sight while Phase Traversal, Steal, Infiltrator's Strike and the like can be used through walls with targets having 0 chance to see the opponent coming.

With PT it’s interruptable, has a cast time and gets self interrupted by any uneven terrain/wall of it doesn’t get to travel the whole length of the lunge before the port ever happens(on top of the No Valid Path issues)

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Eugchriss.2046 said:I guess this is what the OP was talking about xD :
As PT is a teleport skill, If you remove it, you should remove all tp skills (including Mirage thrust and Blink)Fyi neither mirage thrust or blink doesnt ignore walls like PT/sword5 . Those skills you try to mention nothing alike . Only skills that are similar is thief signet and steal and sword2

Well they actually are. They re all in the category "teleportation skills". While mes/thief/ele ones teleports to a LOCATION, rev/thief/guard/nec ones teleport to a TARGET. They re entirely the same.

It's still pretty annoying that ground targeted shadowsteps like shadow step, lightning flash, and blink need line of sight while Phase Traversal, Steal, Infiltrator's Strike and the like can be used through walls with targets having 0 chance to see the opponent coming.

With PT it’s interruptable, has a cast time and gets self interrupted by any uneven terrain/wall of it doesn’t get to travel the whole length of the lunge before the port ever happens(on top of the No Valid Path issues)

Not to mention how much more freedom ground targetted teleports have with regards to disengage and general map mobility.

Archived