djinns dominion suggestions

Stand The Wall.6987

That's probably the only overall map design suggestion with which I would agree. I'd make the green small crates into elaborate wall structures for a broader LoS space and maybe turn the green crate near the point into a meaty pillar, but ultimately the idea is sound. Anything beyond that would come down to the map gimmick with the lamp teleporting people to a cap node. Honestly, everything about that entire sequence is fine, it's just that the active skill reward seems a little jank and potentially unfun. It's pretty easy to get a free point//decap/kill with a single skill use in a contested area. I'd just maybe give the cap team some extra points (like 25 or something) and make it call in fighters every two minutes or so.

Aside from that, the map is somehow brilliant. It's the only pvp map in GW2 that really feels as if someone had made it to fit into GW2. There isn't any real wasted space; it's just the perfect size with relation to baseline GW2 WASD movement. It has honest to goodness choke points (which aren't 20 bodies wide), a lot of LoS options and a whole load of navigable terrain which lets players flow from place to place while avoiding combat or taking control of opponents.

@Swagg.9236 said:That's probably the only overall map design suggestion with which I would agree. I'd make the green small crates into elaborate wall structures for a broader LoS space and maybe turn the green crate near the point into a meaty pillar, but ultimately the idea is sound. Anything beyond that would come down to the map gimmick with the lamp teleporting people to a cap node. Honestly, everything about that entire sequence is fine, it's just that the active skill reward seems a little jank and potentially unfun. It's pretty easy to get a free point//decap/kill with a single skill use in a contested area. I'd just maybe give the cap team some extra points (like 25 or something) and make it call in fighters every two minutes or so.

Aside from that, the map is somehow brilliant. It's the only pvp map in GW2 that really feels as if someone had made it to fit into GW2. There isn't any real wasted space; it's just the perfect size with relation to baseline GW2 WASD movement. It has honest to goodness choke points (which aren't 20 bodies wide), a lot of LoS options and a whole load of navigable terrain which lets players flow from place to place while avoiding combat or taking control of opponents.

right on. yeah I think the side nodes are ok, maybe red side corridor could use a little LoS option. pillar at mid instead of crate is a good idea.I agree with the lamp thing, its really lame to get killed to one of these skills and the meteor does way too much damage.

I think the red side corridor to their home point is a bit of a deathtrap. some more suggestions: push back the cart and add a little spot there, nothing fancy, add a little box or somethin(green square, looks bigger then I want it), and cut off some travel time if you have to go around (big red triangle). for triangle don't delete structure over head but make a little overhang. might be too much of an advantage to have less travel time but it would be nice lol. my reasoning for less travel time was cuz blue sides 2 directions to mid (the 2 that take the least amount of travel time) are so far apart its pretty much guaranteed that who ever is chasing you from the other direction is likely to not catch up to you (unless good mobility ofc) whereas with the red side their 2 directions are so close its practically guaranteed that they will. so red triangle adds another option since it is more likely that red will take their long way around then blue will theirs.Rlk9sAO.jpg

Archived