Backpack: CAPE just like Gw1

Toasa.1236

Actually, the Devs never stated there would be no Raids, nor Mounts. In fact, you can find articles commenting on Raids pre-Core GW2 launch. The 'never' came from posters on the forums.

What was stated by Devs was that capes would be problematic because of the physics, clipping, and the posture of Charr, I believe. Again, though, no 'never'.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:What was stated by Devs was that capes would be problematic because of the physics, clipping, and the posture of Charr, I believe. Again, though, no 'never'.

yeah clipping would be a nightmare on charr with capes, if they ever do fix the clipping it might mean a very slight (~to possibly significant - depending on implementation -) performance hit with all the collision detection constantly triggering (unless they make it so you could turn off other player's capes/backitems)

@Clyan.1593 said:

@Toasa.1236 said:What do you guys think?:(

I think that if you use the forums search function, you would find several threads on the topic of capes and why Anet isn't making them.

The only reason they don't make them is because they know the vast majority of people wouldnt bother with any other backpieces if this one was added.

Or..theres a particular race that wouldnt be able to use them without either A.) having hilariously bad clipping issues if the capes moved. or B.) The capes would be stiff boards like the GW1 capes were and would look idiotic on people so that all races would be able to use them.

@Dante.1763 said:

@Toasa.1236 said:What do you guys think?:(

I think that if you use the forums search function, you would find several threads on the topic of capes and why Anet isn't making them.

The only reason they don't make them is because they know the vast majority of people wouldnt bother with any other backpieces if this one was added.

Or..theres a particular race that wouldnt be able to use them without either A.) having hilariously bad clipping issues if the capes moved. or B.) The capes would be stiff boards like the GW1 capes were and would look idiotic on people so that all races would be able to use them.

Nah man. You have no imagination. Just give charr a shorter cape and problem solved.And GW1 capes were not stiff lol.And a little clipping issues - a good old edgy black cape makes up for it.

Or just delete the charr race.

Archived