PLEASE turn off Tome sound/visual effects!

Sylvari.2953

Another day, another person spamming Tomes right next to the bank while I'm trying to organize my stuff. This flashing screen makes me dizzy and the noise is horrible. Please get rid of these annoying sound and visual effects already. I don't know why this is still a thing, this should have been a QoL update years ago. And yes, people ask for this all the time. After 6 years we finally got rid of minor sigils/runes so there's hope... :persevere:

wS59sC4.jpg

This is the one thing I've always been really annoyed by. Gives me a headache, to the point where I'll actually just leave rather than be in the vicinity of someone cycling through dozens of these. Consume All is certainly an obvious, and desirable, solution. If they're worried people will accidentally use more than they meant to, a popup asking you to confirm the number you intend to use would be fine with me.

@"Biff.5312" said:This is the one thing I've always been really annoyed by. Gives me a headache, to the point where I'll actually just leave rather than be in the vicinity of someone cycling through dozens of these. Consume All is certainly an obvious, and desirable, solution. If they're worried people will accidentally use more than they meant to, a popup asking you to confirm the number you intend to use would be fine with me.

I think we could be moving towards a "use all" option - that kind of confirmation was just introduced with the new "salvage stack" option they snuck into salvage kits without a mention in the patch notes!

If I'm using a lot of tomes I always try to move to a quiet area to do it and if I'm using more than about 5 I'll stop at least once - partially because the effect is annoying in large doses, partially because levelling with tomes and then collecting the rewards is slightly less annoying if I alternate it.

If someone else is using a lot of them and it's annoying me I'll move away.

But it would be nice if the effect could be removed, or capped so it can't happen multiple times in succession. It sort-of makes sense when you level up naturally for it to be a 'big deal' but when you're using a tome it doesn't really need an effect IMO.

@Hashberry.4510 said:All these creeps have to do is step away from the freakin bank for a few seconds.

Thats a bit rude.

@OP, I'm one those people who have spammed tombs. I never pay attention to the effect sounds and usually laugh when I hear/see someone else spamming them. So, never occurred to me that it would be bothersome. I'll try to remember to move away in future.Also agree tho that the effects should be muted.

I’m with those who are annoyed, to say the least, when someone at the bank is spamming tomes. The ‘use all’ suggestion is great! When can we expect this? ;)

Also, I composed a little blessing for those who must spam tomes:

May Melandru sustain you,May Lyssa enrich you,May Kormir grant you wisdom on how to be kind;But if you ignore her,May Dwayna protect you;You’ll need Balthazar’s strengthWhen Grenth takes your behind!:p

Archived