Windows BSOD on Launch

I'm on the fast ring of the Windows Insider Program, and I've been having no problem whatsoever playing. However, after installing build 18282, every time I try to play GW2, I get met with a BSOD: system service exception, what failed: win32.kbase.sys. All of my drivers are up to date, and this isn't happening with any other games.My specs are:8GB of RAMRyzen 3 1200 @ 3.1 GHzGeforce GT 1030 firmware 416.94Windows 10 v1809 build 18282

I'd submit a bug report in game, but since it brings my whole system down before I get to the character selection screen, this is the best I can do.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Well, I'd guess that something in the newest version of Windows doesn't play well with GW2. There's not been a lot of posts about it, yet, so I don't know what exactly is the problem.Either a newer version of Windows will fix the problem, or the ArenaNet Devs will adjust something, once more is known.

Well, I've had the new version of Windows too long to go back to a previous version(10 days is the cutoff). I guess I'll have to wait for either Anet or Microsoft to come out with a fix.

• ArenaNet Staff

@archmagus.7249 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Well, I'd guess that something in the newest version of Windows doesn't play well with GW2. There's not been a lot of posts about it, yet, so I don't know what exactly is the problem.Either a newer version of Windows will fix the problem, or the ArenaNet Devs will adjust something, once more is known.

Well, I've had the new version of Windows too long to go back to a previous version(10 days is the cutoff). I guess I'll have to wait for either Anet or Microsoft to come out with a fix.

I'm sorry to hear that you can't revert to a previous build because I've seen that work time and time again. Often times, video card (or other) drivers are released with a few bugs, and after a few days, the devs working on the video card correct the bug on their end. Since you can't revert, this may be a "wait for their fix" situation, but I'll see if I can find out more.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Well, I'd guess that something in the newest version of Windows doesn't play well with GW2. There's not been a lot of posts about it, yet, so I don't know what exactly is the problem.Either a newer version of Windows will fix the problem, or the ArenaNet Devs will adjust something, once more is known.

And people wonder why I still haven't upgraded to Windows 10. Still on 7 btw <3

@Vegeta.2563 said:

OP isn't just using win10. That is a pre-release version of windows. Bugs happening while beta testing an OS shouldn't be a big surprise.

@Vegeta.2563 said:

Indeed; I use Win7, as well.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

And people wonder why I still haven't upgraded to Windows 10. Still on 7 btw <3Indeed; I use Win7, as well.

Me too, but eventually we will all be forced to either switch to Windows X or start using a different OS altogether (and with the later, there is also no compatibility guarantee, because Windows has the absolute monopole in the gaming industry.

Unless, of course, a miracle happens and Microsoft finally realizes the error of its ways and stops forcing OS version updates on people.

Collateral Victim of Windows 10 1809.

The list of possible bug is such that it is complicated to find the cause.Being in Insider Program, you should have all the tools that vote with the creation of ghost, backup completes before each update as the insider are still a program from alpha to the final release . Well you do not seem to have, I'm not going to tell you it's your fault, it will not solve your problem.

There are some bugs that can cause this problem with the latest build on Intel drivers that have been updated by Windows Update, and that have crashed the machine. For the last known case at least because there is too much possibility.

However the information that I find on this BSOD would go in this direction and unfortunately, you will have had to either restore from the system disk or bootloader (to ask that Windows auto-repair or reinstall).

You can still hope that Microsoft intervenes but apparently according to the latest known information they seem that Microsoft is totally out of the race to find a solution to who had his pc that crash following a maj of the program insider

@archmagus.7249 said:I'm on the fast ring of the Windows Insider Program, and I've been having no problem whatsoever playing. However, after installing build 18282, every time I try to play GW2, I get met with a BSOD: system service exception, what failed: win32.kbase.sys. All of my drivers are up to date, and this isn't happening with any other games.My specs are:8GB of RAMRyzen 3 1200 @ 3.1 GHzGeforce GT 1030 firmware 416.94Windows 10 v1809 build 18282

I'd submit a bug report in game, but since it brings my whole system down before I get to the character selection screen, this is the best I can do.

Have you tried re-installing GW2?? I've seen Windows (7 & 10) "drop" links and crash because of its attempt to "follow orders" that no longer make sense!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just received build 18290, and there is no change. I ran an integrity check before and after updating, and it passed both times. Whatever is wrong, they didn't fix it with the latest build.

Edit: For those talking about pre-windows 10, remember I'm using a Ryzen CPU, which isn't compatible with previous versions of windows.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived