WvW reward track gave items from other reward track

I was in Mistlock Sanctuary, but going to a WvW map didn't stop it from happening.

I got 25 Potion of Mists Rewards from black lion chests.

I started using them while in Mistlock Sanctuary and it was more than enough to complete the Crystal Desert reward track (which is not a repeatable reward track).

Afterwards I had activated a few other reward tracks because I noticed in the WvW window that some of the reward tracks had the auto-repeat function on them in the list even though they weren't my active reward track. Switching to a reward track would make the auto-repeat option show up for it. Eventually I selected the Auric Basin reward track (which can only be completed once) and started using the last of the potions to progress it.

With the Auric Basin reward track active, I was only getting items from the Crucible of Eternity reward track for some reason. I went to a WvW map to see if that would fix it but it didn't. I used the rest of the Potions of Mists Rewards and still received items from the wrong reward track.

The Crucible of Eternity reward track still shows as "completed" and didn't start over, but the Auric Basin reward track was progressing the exp bar even though I was getting the rewards from the other reward track.

Edit: Nov. 20, 2018A little before 8pm PST. Maybe the devs can look at my account logs around this time frame to see what's up.

T5nPT3Z.jpgSPmTVB5.jpg0nA6s6X.jpg

Are you sure it didn't default to Crucible of Eternity after completing Crystal Desert and you were unknowingly putting enough potions into it to max out the remaining part you had? My guess is that you almost had the reward track completed already. If you saved up a bunch of bouncy chests before opening them, they were probably just in your queue without your knowledge.

@Charrbeque.8729 said:I was in Mistlock Sanctuary, but going to a WvW map didn't stop it from happening.

I got 25 Potion of Mists Rewards from black lion chests.

Ya those potions provide you with BOTH WvW and PvP reward track progress. I had something similar happen to me, though I was active in WvW at the time of using (to boost to a reward).

Check your PvP reward track, it is likely from that.

This is why I love this community.

1) I don't do PvP so I've never bothered with the reward tracks. My PvP reward track is in fact set to Crucible of Eternity.

2) I didn't realize the Potion of Mist Rewards gave exp for both WvW and PvP reward tracks at the same time. (and apparently I didn't notice I was getting more rewards then I thought I was suppose to get, due to both tracks increasing at the same time)

Problem solved. Thank you for helping me. :)

n0QkouX.jpg

Archived