Buy the expansion?

SHM.7628

Well lf you bought the game and was not interested in it. Came back after all that time and asked if you should get the expansions or just play the core game. Will you just quit again? If you do you will waste your money. But if you do want to come back Anet is having a 50% off sale for PoF just read the news page on the website how to do that. It should also give an option for HoT for $20 more along with some other purchase options. The beauty of Guildwars2 expansions is you don't have to play them one before the other. You can play PoF before HoT or play them both at different times. You do have to be level 80 to go to them but that is not a problem, because everything gives experience.
This game has Fractals which is a fractal in time in the guild wars universe and they are really challenging then you have raids for even more challenging end game content they have added so much to GW2 since it started over 6 years ago. Some things the community agrees with some they don't That will be with any MMO or game or whatever. No such thing as a perfect game. There is a cost after if you want to do the living story if you have not logged on in a long time you will be missing well all but the current part of the story. You automatically get it for free if you log on while its active for that episode.
The story opens up new areas of the map so I suggest you look into it.

Chyannes answer is really helpful :)

Personally I stopped playing GW2 too in the past(because of many reasons, but I also got a little bit bored of GW2) and started playing again after HoT was already released. Best decision ever.

HoT is so much fun. At the beginning it can be really frustrating because the enemies are a lot more stronger than the ones in the core game. But after you understand how they fight and everything it's really fun. The maps are amazing, so much to explore!

PoF is a lot of fun too. The maps are huge and the story gets a lot more interesting.

And the mastery system is awesome! You will learn how to glide(HoT) and you will be able to use mounts(PoF). The mounts in GW2 are so much fun!

I am glad I gave the game another chance :)

@Chyanne Waters.8719 said:Well lf you bought the game and was not interested in it. Came back after all that time and asked if you should get the expansions or just play the core game. Will you just quit again? If you do you will waste your money. But if you do want to come back Anet is having a 50% off sale for PoF just read the news page on the website how to do that. It should also give an option for HoT for $20 more along with some other purchase options. The beauty of Guildwars2 expansions is you don't have to play them one before the other. You can play PoF before HoT or play them both at different times. You do have to be level 80 to go to them but that is not a problem, because everything gives experience.

This game has Fractals which is a fractal in time in the guild wars universe and they are really challenging then you have raids for even more challenging end game content they have added so much to GW2 since it started over 6 years ago. Some things the community agrees with some they don't That will be with any MMO or game or whatever. No such thing as a perfect game. There is a cost after if you want to do the living story if you have not logged on in a long time you will be missing well all but the current part of the story. You automatically get it for free if you log on while its active for that episode.

The story opens up new areas of the map so I suggest you look into it.

Valid points! I had done a lot of what I wanted to do a few years in and I started to dislike the direction the game was taking. I like doing the Open world events, World bosses, and Map completion. Maybe I'm the odd man out but I could care less about most of the other stuff in the game. The mounts and specializations look cool. It was the price drop that peaked my interest. Thanks for your input.

@Myrdreth.6829 said:Chyannes answer is really helpful :)

Personally I stopped playing GW2 too in the past(because of many reasons, but I also got a little bit bored of GW2) and started playing again after HoT was already released. Best decision ever.

HoT is so much fun. At the beginning it can be really frustrating because the enemies are a lot more stronger than the ones in the core game. But after you understand how they fight and everything it's really fun. The maps are amazing, so much to explore!

PoF is a lot of fun too. The maps are huge and the story gets a lot more interesting.

And the mastery system is awesome! You will learn how to glide(HoT) and you will be able to use mounts(PoF). The mounts in GW2 are so much fun!

I am glad I gave the game another chance :)

Thanks. That was helpful. I've had a love/hate relationship with GW2. I think there's too many junk drops. Too many tier levels of weapons. I think they tried to do too much and everything got convoluted in the process. Yet, I like the dynamic world events. I like the world bosses. I like the exploration. I also like map completion. I'm still on the fence.

Short answer: YES! BUY THEM! BUY THEM NOW! DO NOT ASK WHY!

LONG... oops, sorry. Long answer: If you love doing world events, you’ll love HoT. They’re kind of like Orr areas, but with much more interesting maps, exploration, rewards, and events. HoT’s open world makes Core Tyria look like a snooze fest.

The only caveat is that the map can be really confusing at first, and downright frustrating if you want to rush through it. My suggestion is start PoF story first until you get the raptor. Then, stop playing the PoF story and play PoF maps until you’re able to get the Springer. Once you have these 2 mounts, then go back to HoT and do the HoT story. Mounts are so very helpful in navigating through the vertical HoT maps. Also, HoT story will help you learn the maps a little so that it’s not as overwhelming. Another thing is to look for, is HP Train (LFG tool) which starts in Verdant Brink and goes through Auric Basin then Tangled Depths. HP trains help you get the hard to solo HP’s in HoT maps, help you unlock waypoints, and help you understand the map’s paths better.

I also recommend getting all Living World seasons. LWS3 has maps that allow you to get ascended trinkets with relative ease. And if you care, the story from LWS bridges each expansion.

PoF zones aren’t as good. They look amazingly beautiful, but the ridiculous aggro range ruins any fun of exploration (IMO). That, and the events are pretty much abandoned by players and Anet. Basically, think of PoF as just paying for mounts and you won’t be as disappointed with PoF.

@BlueJin.4127 said:Short answer: YES! BUY THEM! BUY THEM NOW! DO NOT ASK WHY!

LONG... oops, sorry. Long answer: If you love doing world events, you’ll love HoT. They’re kind of like Orr areas, but with much more interesting maps, exploration, rewards, and events. HoT’s open world makes Core Tyria look like a snooze fest.

The only caveat is that the map can be really confusing at first, and downright frustrating if you want to rush through it. My suggestion is start PoF story first until you get the raptor. Then, stop playing the PoF story and play PoF maps until you’re able to get the Springer. Once you have these 2 mounts, then go back to HoT and do the HoT story. Mounts are so very helpful in navigating through the vertical HoT maps. Also, HoT story will help you learn the maps a little so that it’s not as overwhelming. Another thing is to look for, is HP Train (LFG tool) which starts in Verdant Brink and goes through Auric Basin then Tangled Depths. HP trains help you get the hard to solo HP’s in HoT maps, help you unlock waypoints, and help you understand the map’s paths better.

I also recommend getting all Living World seasons. LWS3 has maps that allow you to get ascended trinkets with relative ease. And if you care, the story from LWS bridges each expansion.

PoF zones aren’t as good. They look amazingly beautiful, but the ridiculous aggro range ruins any fun of exploration (IMO). That, and the events are pretty much abandoned by players and Anet. Basically, think of PoF as just paying for mounts and you won’t be as disappointed with PoF.

Thank you so much for the thoughtful reply. This was exactly the type of information I needed to make an informed decision.

Archived