Auto Heal

I could use a little help, here... As far as I know, your heal skill triggering on its own is just not a thing. There is no way to auto-heal.

Just today, I was basically attacked (verbally) by several members of the same guild all because one guy would not listen when I told him that it just wasn't working. According to him, holding ctrl and hitting mouse 2 at the same time would trigger your healing skill to be used automatically whenever the recharge ended. My healing skill did not even trigger when I did this, but rather the image of a lock appeared over the healing skill icon on the bar. I used the skill to see if that would make it start, and nothing. It did not automatically trigger once the recharge was up. Figuring maybe it was because that healing skill was one with a target, I swapped to a normal healing skill. This time an arrow appeared around the edge of the skill icon on the bar, but again it did not automatically trigger. Once more, I tried using the skill to see if that would trigger the automatic activation. Nothing.

So here's the question...Is auto-heal a thing? If so, how do you activate it? Or were the people of that guild using a cheat/macro of some kind?

Another thing to consider is your trait lines. There are some options that offer a triggered heal when certain conditions are met - not your skill heal, but a heal of some kind. I'm not sure why you'd want to execute your main heal on a cycle, since odds are you'll waste it and find yourself in cooldown when it's needed.

@Biff.5312 said:Another thing to consider is your trait lines. There are some options that offer a triggered heal when certain conditions are met - not your skill heal, but a heal of some kind. I'm not sure why you'd want to execute your main heal on a cycle, since odds are you'll waste it and find yourself in cooldown when it's needed.

It's a terrible idea but enough people still do it that I see it fairly frequently.

Archived