Balance Team: Please do something to improve core engineer

Vagrant.7206

One Positive Thing

Thank you for finally looking at some of our broken stuff recently. It may have taken you a few years, but thanks!

Weapons

Our core weapons are pretty atrocious right now.

• Rifle does non-competitive damage in both PvE and PvP. It does not control the PvP battlefield like it used to (it's more of a liability now), almost entirely eliminating its role in PvP.
  • Mainhand pistol's damage is a total joke. In PvP, it's even less worthwhile because of the amount of projectile hate currently in the game.
  • Offhand pistol is acceptable, although I'd look at improving glue shot to be more useful in PvE (IE adding vulnerability or boons to allies).
  • Shield (without sword) is also a joke. The cooldowns are excessively long and shield has no viability in PvE whatsoever. In PvP, shield is only viable with the sword of holomancer.

And those are all our core weapons. Come on balance team! It's only four weapons!

Traits

Oh for the love of...

We have too many traits that do not provide any real functionality. For example... most of the turret traits are worthless, because the turrets themselves are worthless. Some traits are flavorful (IE Orbital Command), but still suffer from many of the problems our utilities have. If we take Orbital Command as an example -- the casting time is instant, but there is still a significant delay before it hits, meaning enemies can either move out of the way or dodge easily. The damage is also pitiful.

Also take a look at the fact that in PvP, everybody takes alchemy (specifically mid mid up) because it is our only real defensive set of traits. We are all literally locked into the same traits in PvP, which is a bad sign for build diversity.

Utilities

Where to begin?

Our turrets are all sorts of borked. The healing turret acts like a healing bomb. The rest of the turrets aren't particularly useful anywhere in the game except for their toolbelt skills. Their damage is atrocious, they have virtually no health, and they have long cooldowns. Maybe give us pocket turrets like pocket raptors (with multiple charges)? At least then they'd represent the damage they actually do. Also, please do something about their terrible AI. That, or convert them into "turret traps" that would act much like a DH trap.

Many of our kits don't have a clear "purpose" and suffer from a variety of bugs. Just take a look at toolkit pull on uneven ground to find out what I mean by bugs. Kit damage is also better than our weapons, making them a necessity on our bars -- I haven't seen many of my other utilities in years.

Gadgets -- they're almost there! Just a little further. The charge system went a long way to improving these.

Elixirs -- Please remove the randomness from the throw elixir functions. It serves no real benefit any more. Please make the rest of the elixirs on a level of usefulness comparable to gadgets or kits.

Heal Skills

Please, please, PLEASE make something other than healing turret viable. Dear god, it's just a healing bomb and I'm so tired of it.

Elites

Mortar kit... more like pea shooter. Do something to make its damage better, because it is neither a condi or power weapon as it stands.

Supply Crate -- same issues with the turrets apply here. It's almost worthwhile with recent balance changes, but still not there.

Elixir X -- Pretty much where it needs to be.

I dunno... this feels dramatic to me. Someone new to this game reading this post might think Engi is some broken profession that only ever gets let into groups by the sheer generosity of the other members. That's simply not true, core or not.

Every profession has useless traits, skills, and weapons. That doesn't mean Engi is fine and nothing should be improved, but in context it's not a handicapped profession. Bring the shield cooldowns in line with the power creep, fix turrets/gyros (good luck), make some bad traits more competitive, those types of thing sound great.

I'm totally on board with bringing the lame traits and skills up to par (or at least closer) to the meta builds, but I don't think the situation is as dire as you're making it out to be.

I agree with Adamantium as you do make it sound like Engineer is the worst thing since stubbed toes on furniture but also you're right in a lot of ways.

I really think rifle should be changed to a fully ranged weapon now considering we have kits that can melee on core and 2 elite specs that are both power melee weapons.

Turrets need a miracle TBH.

As for the other things I just hope in the next balance patch they can hit a lot of stuff on all the classes instead of 1 or 2 areas that seems to be what they've been doing.

Also I hope Engineer gets more barrier mechanic on them, I think engineer being able to give allies barrier makes sense and would boost their support viability. I really don't want to see scourge be the barrier hog.

Be that as it may, even if engi isn't in the worst spot, OP is right in many points. Rifle is a ranged weapon that's the most effective up close and it still is mediocre. If hammer wasn't locked out by elite spec, nobody would prefer it to hammer that's a proper close ranged weapon with lots of good utility. Rifle just needs ranged rework to be something similar to warrior's rifle in terms of ranged use.

Shield's CDs may be similar to other profession's shield sills but are very situational and IMHO should at least provide couple of boons on activation. CD reduction would go a long way.

Auto attack dmg of all weapons should be also adjusted so that there aren't builds that basically spam kit AA and do the most dmg. (I'm looking at you power bomb kit spam)

Traits... yeah, we have a lot of underwhelming traits. Shoutout to the Scrapper daze trait that has been rendered useless after devs removed daze from gyros.

Kits are too prevalent. They have no downside. Normal utility skills can hardly compete with 5-skill bundles. I don't like the term "Purity of Purpose" but I have to agree that making each kit do only one thing (i.e power dmg, condi dmg, defensive utility, etc) would go a long way and possibly would bring more build variety.

Gadgets were improved but IMHO still need work, especialy mine and slick shoes. Turrets, gyros and basically all minions need rework of their AI, pathing and behavior to not be abused and be useful. (this is a very difficult one)

Elixirs are mostly ok but IMHO they are similarly to kits a must have in some modes and there isn't an alternative to them.

And last thing I'd like to see is scaling of ALL skills according to equipped gear.

We're in a good spot, we just could use more variety and rebalancing.

@Arimas.3492 said:I agree with Adamantium as you do make it sound like Engineer is the worst thing since stubbed toes on furniture but also you're right in a lot of ways.

I really think rifle should be changed to a fully ranged weapon now considering we have kits that can melee on core and 2 elite specs that are both power melee weapons.

As for the other things I just hope in the next balance patch they can hit a lot of stuff on all the classes instead of 1 or 2 areas that seems to be what they've been doing.

Also I hope Engineer gets more barrier mechanic on them, I think engineer being able to give allies barrier makes sense and would boost their support viability. I really don't want to see scourge be the barrier hog.

If you had your choice what do you do with Blunderbuss and Jump Shot? I'm not opposed to reworking rifle but I don't want to lose the shotgun feel that it has and how it rewards you for being close. I see room for improvement on Hip Shot and Net Shot but I kinda like the other three. Curious how you would improve it without taking that away, or what you would replace it with.

@Adamantium.3682 said:If you had your choice what do you do with Blunderbuss and Jump Shot? I'm not opposed to reworking rifle but I don't want to lose the shotgun feel that it has and how it rewards you for being close. I see room for improvement on Hip Shot and Net Shot but I kinda like the other three. Curious how you would improve it without taking that away, or what you would replace it with.

How about making Blunderbuss medium range? It would be also nice if they removed those silly bleeds and added something useful for a power-based weapon that rifle wants to be. Maybe it could grant fury. I can't think of a way to improve Jumpshot without completely replacing it.

@leviathan.2148 said:

@Adamantium.3682 said:If you had your choice what do you do with Blunderbuss and Jump Shot? I'm not opposed to reworking rifle but I don't want to lose the shotgun feel that it has and how it rewards you for being close. I see room for improvement on Hip Shot and Net Shot but I kinda like the other three. Curious how you would improve it without taking that away, or what you would replace it with.

How about making Blunderbuss medium range? It would be also nice if they removed those silly bleeds and added something useful for a power-based weapon that rifle wants to be. Maybe it could grant fury. I can't think of a way to improve Jumpshot without completely replacing it.

Good point with the bleeds. They are much more creative with qualifiers on skills now and Blunderbuss could certainly benefit from that. I'd like to see something unique, a temporary +Ferocity buff or something. Or something that links it to another skill on rifle. Give Net Shot an "electrified net" debuff on the enemy for a few seconds, and if Blunderbuss hits with that active it does something cool. Bonus damage, reduced cooldown, whatever. Or you can use Overcharged Shot for a few seconds without the self CC.

I like Jump Shot though, I'm a hard sell if you want to replace that one :)

I like Jump Shot too. It helped me countless times with jumping puzzles :D Reducing CD on hit of blunderbuss is quite a fun idea. I like it. Or how abut on hit of Blunderbuss, the next AA would have doubled damage with guaranteed crit? Something like that, the possibilities are endless. Also I would like them to finally remove self-knockdown from skill 4.

Rifle is still terrible in PVE you can't really use it in a power build without swapping to another weapon to substitute and we're still currently stuck in a no power build situation until we see what the holosmith will be like powerwise in the final launch.

Sure they did do alot to bring back explosives (although they left out a big chunk of fixes with mines) and explosive engis like me are thankful but there's still 4 years of neglect to work on in this class until it's finally back to what it was in the first two months post launch before they started nerfing everything for PVP.

@Arimas.3492 said:I agree with Adamantium as you do make it sound like Engineer is the worst thing since stubbed toes on furniture but also you're right in a lot of ways.

It's been 5 years now, how much longer should engineers wait until they fix the holes in this class? Honest question.

I used rifle early on and loved it. It seemed to slowly lose effectiveness as the game progressed and really needs to a long range weapon. p/p seems to be a bit more serviceable, but you are locked into very specific traits (firearms is a great line for pistols) and there is a near mandatory selection of utility skills. Fragmentation shot could really benefit from having a chain (similar to scepter) and maybe incorporating tormet into the 3rd shot of the chain. Also, return the bleed on aoe hit and let pistol shots pierce. Just a couple suggestions.

Unfortunately, I don't think we will see any changes any time soon with PoF coming in just over 2 weeks. All class forums will be flooded with nerf/buff threads and anet will certainly have their hands full of HoT was any indication of what to expect. I certainly don't think we should give up, but it seems unlikely that this gets any real attention any time soon.

@Einlanzer.1627 said:Honestly, when it comes to core updates, no class needs it more than Revenant.

The Ranger is also a solid competitor there. Their weapons are really clumsy, and tying so much dps and fields/finishers to something you have little control over and which tends to have difficulty hitting moving targets (or, in WvW zerging, just staying alive) is a severe disadvantage.

Anyways, I do think that an engineer rifle rework is needed, as well as some gadget and elixir updates. The RNG on elixirs really needs to go. However, I honestly don't think they can balance turrets properly, especially in sPvP. Also, gyros are already pretty strong.

@Adamantium.3682 said:

If you had your choice what do you do with Blunderbuss and Jump Shot? I'm not opposed to reworking rifle but I don't want to lose the shotgun feel that it has and how it rewards you for being close. I see room for improvement on Hip Shot and Net Shot but I kinda like the other three. Curious how you would improve it without taking that away, or what you would replace it with.

I think the shotgun feel could stay with Jump Shot and Bluderbuss but still make it a good ranged weapon too. I'd say extend the range of blunderbuss more and take the bleeds off and aff something in its place like some others have stated. Overcharged Shot should not have self knockback anymore which is what almost everyone thinks. Increase auto attack damage or increase its base speed. Also Net Shot should be changed to a good power ranged skill, something like Pile Driver on Weaver Staff where its a long cast time but deals big damage and pierces. That way rifle would be at a good balance where you can engage to deal heavy damage and also keep the target at a safe distance and now lose much dps or effectiveness.

The way I see it is engineer needs a good power ranged playstyle. We used to have long range nades but it was nerfed because of mortar and mortar is not good. With respect to weapons unless they pull some weird stuff and make longbow a 1200 range power weapon next elite spec engineer doesn't have a long range power option, and I don't think they would add longbow as it doesn't really fit engineer theme. I still think Rifle should become a full ranged weapon and Jump Shot could be changed to a disengage instead, but keeping the shotgun feel could work too while still making rifle effective at range.

I think it is pretty disappointing that we are finding the rifle in a similar (a bit worse even) position to the ranger longbow a few years back. Everyone was telling anet there was an issue with it and the cries fell on deaf ears. I really don't have much confidence in the balance team at this point and while I really hope there are some improvements I am doubtful we will see anything for some time, if at all.

@Meurto.8520 said:I think it is pretty disappointing that we are finding the rifle in a similar (a bit worse even) position to the ranger longbow a few years back. Everyone was telling anet there was an issue with it and the cries fell on deaf ears. I really don't have much confidence in the balance team at this point and while I really hope there are some improvements I am doubtful we will see anything for some time, if at all.

The real problem is that it needs a much more extensive overhaul than either the ranger longbow or the ranger sword did/does. The shotgun theme is appealing aesthetically, but fails the functionality test: the autoattack and general lack of active defense skills seem to push you to longer range, but the actual damage skills are only useful up close. I think they need to abandon the shotgun theme altogether (and I say this as someone who likes it), simply because a short range power weapon would have to compete with both hammer and sword, and I don't see a niche for a third in the general role. On the other hand, engineers are now the only profession that lacks a strong range option. The closest we have is the mortar kit; and while I love it, it really is just a glorified field dropper that happens to be good against stationary targets with multiple hit boxes.

@Adamantium.3682 said:

If you want to retain the shotgun feeling, you can do a few things

1. Make blunderbuss the auto attack (Say whaaaaaaa?)

This would actually resolve a lot of the projectile hate issue, give the rifle an AoE damage, and give rifle some usefulness as a condi weapon, while still leaving it feeling like a shotgun that's more effective the closer you are to the target. Obviously some damage tuning and bleed tuning would be needed, but I think it's a practical solution.

1. Swap Hip Shot out for "Slug Shot" and give it a cooldown (move it to position number 3). Maybe give it a few buffs or dmg modifiers to make it worth using.

Provides a somewhat long range damage skill without breaking shotgun immersion.

1. Make overcharged shot unblockable.

Solves the issue of projectile hate absolutely murdering rifle.

1. Make net shot pulse short immobs over time, rather than one large, static immob.

This would allow rifle to retain its usefulness as a "battlefield control" weapon.

1. Give jump shot evade frames.

I mean seriously, come on. Thief gets all of the evade, and we get diddly for defense/escape.

Imo Rifle's problem is that it is the incarnation of a playstyle that has been diminishing with all the power creep. It's a CC and spike (/burst) setup weapon that's backfiring if not used well. In the current meta skills to prevent incoming burst from Rifle (stunbreaks, immob breakouts, mobility, projectile hate, stability, resistance) are literally everywhere (often with low CD as well) and every class got it's share of it with HoT. Rifle can't reliable set up damage anymore. There's too much stuff preventing it. The risk / reward ratio is off. As the theme of Rifle deteriorates it's weaknesses become apparent: it loses trades against ranged opponents at range and it loses trades against melee opponents in melee.My dream patch would tone down all the over-tuned "anti-combo" mechanics, along with the iframes, CC effects thrown at most of the HoT classes. (Remember when engineer was known for his CC combos? Now it often feels like it has less reliable CC + burst combos than any other class.) I doubt this will ever happen though.

My thoughts / ideas for a more viable Rifle in the current environment:

1. Hip Shot: It's not bad. Without it's range power engi would lose all pressure at range. It is a filler attack, does that well enough and is suitable for a auto attack imo.
  2. Net Shot: Basically make it DH Bow 3 with immobilize (and maybe a short slow) instead of blind+damage. Since Rifle is not a real ranged weapon and trades bad with anything that has actual range damage skills beside AA I think Rifle deserves some tools to better deal with ranged enemies. Also, this would give it some use when fighting foes that are practically immune to immobilize. Adding a 2 sec slow on top of it might be to much, it could have slightly higher CD then.
  3. Blunderbuss: Make it more reliable when turning and attacking foes slightly below or above you. Also, giving it 2 charges would make Rifle more threatening at melee and provide more burst.
  4. Overcharged Shot: This one's hard, I feel like unblockable would be overtuned / just not a good design. "There's too much counter, let's make it a counter to the counter!" is the philosophy that got us power creep in the first place. When combat is about avoiding hard hits, hard hits shouldn't be unavoidable. And it has a short cast time already.I'd change the self-KB to a 1sec daze. This would still fit the theme, and make it a lit less punishing. Also, still being able to move would make it easier to adjust your position (back up or close the gap to attack with blunderbuss). Also, this would allow using it against the air when disengaging to remove criple etc. at the cost of a daze. As it is now the movement impairing effects remove isn't that useful since you're hard-CC'd afterwards.
  5. Jump Shot: Not really sure about that one. I'd like something else but I keep thinking a 1/2 sec evade when starting to jump, ending when you do the landing animation would fit quite well. Up the range to 900 or 1000, in terms of mobility it certainly wouldn't be OP and as damage skill it is still very telegraphed. Having JS with higher range would also mean that landing an immob at 1000+ range is not useless in terms of burst setup. At the moment, if due to some intervention of God or Netcode, you manage to hit someone with Net Shot at ~1100 range all the "guaranteed" damage you get out of your weapon skills are 2 auto attacks. Pretty unremarkable.

@Silinsar.6298 said:Imo Rifle's problem is that it is the incarnation of a playstyle that has been diminishing with all the power creep. It's a CC and spike (/burst) setup weapon that's backfiring if not used well. In the current meta skills to prevent incoming burst from Rifle (stunbreaks, immob breakouts, mobility, projectile hate, stability, resistance) are literally everywhere (often with low CD as well) and every class got it's share of it with HoT. Rifle can't reliable set up damage anymore. There's too much stuff preventing it. The risk / reward ratio is off. As the theme of Rifle deteriorates it's weaknesses become apparent: it loses trades against ranged opponents at range and it loses trades against melee opponents in melee.My dream patch would tone down all the over-tuned "anti-combo" mechanics, along with the iframes, CC effects thrown at most of the HoT classes. (Remember when engineer was known for his CC combos? Now it often feels like it has less reliable CC + burst combos than any other class.) I doubt this will ever happen though.

My thoughts / ideas for a more viable Rifle in the current environment:

1. Hip Shot: It's not bad. Without it's range power engi would lose all pressure at range. It is a filler attack, does that well enough and is suitable for a auto attack imo.
  2. Net Shot: Basically make it DH Bow 3 with immobilize (and maybe a short slow) instead of blind+damage. Since Rifle is not a real ranged weapon and trades bad with anything that has actual range damage skills beside AA I think Rifle deserves some tools to better deal with ranged enemies. Also, this would give it some use when fighting foes that are practically immune to immobilize. Adding a 2 sec slow on top of it might be to much, it could have slightly higher CD then.
  3. Blunderbuss: Make it more reliable when turning and attacking foes slightly below or above you. Also, giving it 2 charges would make Rifle more threatening at melee and provide more burst.
  4. Overcharged Shot: This one's hard, I feel like unblockable would be overtuned / just not a good design. "There's too much counter, let's make it a counter to the counter!" is the philosophy that got us power creep in the first place. When combat is about avoiding hard hits, hard hits shouldn't be unavoidable. And it has a short cast time already.I'd change the self-KB to a 1sec daze. This would still fit the theme, and make it a lit less punishing. Also, still being able to move would make it easier to adjust your position (back up or close the gap to attack with blunderbuss). Also, this would allow using it against the air when disengaging to remove criple etc. at the cost of a daze. As it is now the movement impairing effects remove isn't that useful since you're hard-CC'd afterwards.
  5. Jump Shot: Not really sure about that one. I'd like something else but I keep thinking a 1/2 sec evade when starting to jump, ending when you do the landing animation would fit quite well. Up the range to 900 or 1000, in terms of mobility it certainly wouldn't be OP and as damage skill it is still very telegraphed. Having JS with higher range would also mean that landing an immob at 1000+ range is not useless in terms of burst setup. At the moment, if due to some intervention of God or Netcode, you manage to hit someone with Net Shot at ~1100 range all the "guaranteed" damage you get out of your weapon skills are 2 auto attacks. Pretty unremarkable.

In a vacuum, I would agree with these suggestions. But as the Engineer stands now, alone of all professions in having no serious long ranged capability, I think they need to completely rebuild Engi rifle from the ground up as a long range weapon. They gave thieves 1500 range burst damage; we desperately need something that can do decent, reliable damage and cc at range. If not 1500 range, then at least 1200.

As a note, this is from about a year ago, but this was about what I thought should be done back then, most of this still applies, some has been fixed, some made worse. May go back and have another pass at this but dont have the time right now.

Gadgets:Throw mine: This needs to do better damage (especially the toolbelt), and the mine field needs to be stacked much tighter, and manually detonating these needs to remove the boons as well (they're buggy currently.)Rocket Boots: This needs to be a targeted movement skill similar to teleport to give it some useful utility outside of running in one direction slightly faster. Blast on leave, burn on arrival.Slick Shoes: The nerf to this really made it useless. Why not make it a larger field that knocks down once, with 3 fields total. Would keep the same use (area denial) and not suck completely.Personal Battering Ram: I say give this skill a debuff that will cause the opponent to take 5% extra damage for 5-10 seconds. It needs something other than plain CC, we have plenty of that. We don't have a profession group buff and we could use one.A.E.D.: This needs to remove conditions even if you do not take critical damage or I really don't see heal turret ever not being taken. Range on the toolbelt needs to go up or just make it into an instant cast.Elite: We COULD use a gadget elite (if Anet ever adds new skills to fill out professions). I would say to add a Personal Shield Generator. It could apply 1s of aegis and pulse for 5 seconds. Gives us a way to apply aegis again (RIP Gadgeteer) and the toolbelt could pulse group protection for 15s so we could give a good amount of protection uptime. (again, group buffs needed)Elixirs:First off, we have too many projectile attacks that can be consumed by an enemy blocking or being invulnerable that aren't even damage skills such as Elixir shell or any tossed elixir. This really fucks us over and if they are stopped things should apply their effect where they were blocked, not get consumed. Elixirs need a buff pretty badly, either up them to remove 2 conditions each, or give them something useful because currently they're just crap outside of using Moa on a reaper.Kits:Contrary to popular belief, kits need to be buffed. Let me explain why: Currently, any single kit kinda sucks by itself, it doesn't really have enough to bother taking it over other kits, so we don't have the possibility of just running 1 kit and 2 other utilities. We need each kit to be strong in its own niche.Grenades: These are honestly fine outside of weird targeting issues. Nonflat land fucks these up so hard and in general they can completely miss small targets with 1/3 of the damage easily. Fix all that. The rest is alright, though the blind grenade is honestly shit and should be replaced with incendiaries but whatever. Does close to the most damage we have while procing things 3x, other kits should deal more than this.Bomb kit: Make #3 an ethereal field to stack a good amount of confusion as the confusion feels really week and we don't have good access to this outside of streamlined mortar kit.Flamethrower: Fix Air Blast because it behaves so fucking awkwardly sometimes, I often see seekers rubberband after it, it just get plain missed point blank. Again, buff the AA of this so it is stronger than grenade AA, its a melee weapon, so it should do a good amount of damage. It does proc things extremely fast, but same goes for retaliation so it is balanced enough for that. It can be a very good selfish might stacking build but it just doesn't do enough damage to be that great. Fix napalm to drop the fire field when blocked because being fucked out of all that damage due to a single block on what is supposed to be a fire field sucks.Elixir Gun: Give us back the old streamline kit for this (super elixir). Fix #2 to work a little better (faster, better tracking.) I would honestly replace #4 to a field that gives regeneration and chills enemies. This is meant to be our support kit.MedKit: Buff the living hell out of the AA, this should be doing a hell of a lot more healing/s than druid staff AA does (they actually deal damage while using theirs, and have long range.) I'd make 2 a healing bomb that will knockback enemies and heal allies for a good amount, make 3 toss out a group of elixirs, curing 3 conditions and giving protection regen and swiftness. 4 could scatter bandages like the supply drop, and 5 could bandage your target, giving them a large single target heal (cannot target self). Cool downs for each would be quite long.Toolkit: I forgot this existed because it is literally just hammer lite right now. Pull should be the toolbelt skill, not the #5. It needs a focus, its currently a shittier version of hammer, with some condi, some power damage, but not really enough of either to bother taking outside of bunkering things which is still outshined by how ridiculous hammer is. The AA is ridiculously slow (feels like necro GS but way worse) and should be fixed to be quicker or much more DPS (preferably quicker so the healing on turrets isn't as slow as that is still one of the main points of it.) AA also apparently doesn't heal turrets unless it actively hits an enemy, and that is silly as hell.Turrets:Honestly, pets across the entire game need a fix. Zero stat sharing makes them useless in PvE and makes them nothing but bunker DPS in PvP. The reflect should be on the overcharge, not just the drop, so keeping them alive has some point, or make picking them up drastically reduce the recharge to drop them (not the small reduction we currently have.)Weapons:Rifle: Honestly pretty good needs slight damage buff, AA could do a bit more, 5 should be a 1s evade instead of knocking us down, or at least just a backwards movement skill for 1s and not a complete self CC unless it gets a huge buff to CC or damage. Also, probably remove bleeds from blunderbuss and just give us more direct damage with the skill.Pistol/Pistol: AA could deal a longer bleed. Poison Dart Volley needs to be accurate, annoying to miss at like 400 range with part of the volley. Would like the confusion to be much longer or something, kinda meh. Fire & Glue shot (now that it was fixed) are great.Traits:Explosives:Grenadier and explosive decent should be combined because duh. Give us a new trait. IDC what.Short Fuse: should increase the field length as well like Siege Rounds and the uhh fire ele thing.Explosive Powder: make the turret explosions slightly bigger, hard to use them outside of breakbar damage.Firearms:Chemical Rounds: Include piercing as well (was said to be baseline when you changed our traits, never happened.)Inventions:Overshield: Please change this. It is useless. Hell, Shield is useless. There is nothing here to help a healing build for raids since you should almost never go low enough for AMR to proc. Maybe give shield some healing love or a better reflect field or idk, SOMETHING.Soothing Detonation: With the changes I suggested, all this does realistically is give a buff to healing turret instead of something a healer would actually take. Change it to share the effect of energy amplifier with allies when you give them regeneration.Alchemy:Health Insurance: Change this to whenever you have healing kit on your bar. Forcing you to deal literally 0 damage to get the better healing seems just silly, we already won't be doing much at all.Alchemical Tinctures: Increase to remove 2 boons per elixir.HGH: Change from might to +5% damage buff, stacks duration not intensity.Stimulant Supplier: I just have the stim packs and such, so I think this should be changed to a larger group heal or boon or something.Tools:Honestly tools is pretty much spot on for everything. Great options all around (assuming that toolkit was actually good.)

Archived