Rollerbeetle Racing and Long Live the Lich for Free (Coming Tues)

Randulf.7614

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:
  • Ep3 Long Live the Lich will be free until Jan 7th to allow players to get the beetle

I get the "ep 5 not till Jan 7th" kind of oof from this line. I
REALLY
hope not, that will be almost 5 months since ep4 which is basically a content drought.

It’s been only since Sept 18th that we got a new map and story episode, a little over 2 months.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:
  • Ep3 Long Live the Lich will be free until Jan 7th to allow players to get the beetle

REALLY
hope not, that will be almost 5 months since ep4 which is basically a content drought.

It’s been only since Sept 18th that we got a new map and story episode, a little over 2 months.

Cool, Im talking about Jan 7th, which is almost 5 months. That being said iirc Anet commended that episodes would be closer to the 2 month mark.

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:

REALLY

Cool, Im talking about Jan 7th, which is almost 5 months. That being said iirc Anet commended that episodes would be closer to the 2 month mark.

And it’s only been a bit over 2 months since the last one.

Also, two months was a goal, not a firm commitment.

@Yargesh.4965 said:Not eligible. not whole of EU is allowed. Strange.

I was surprised by that too. The same thing happened with a contest another game I play is running, a few EU countries are included, all the rest are excluded. I assume it's something to do with the laws regarding running a contest (which could be as simple as needing a licence, to pay a fee or to notify the local authorities, if the people running it decide that's too complicated) but I'm not sure what the difference could be.

Another thing which might affect some people is you have to have a valid driving licence to get the car, and you have to buy insurance for it before it's delivered. And unfortunately they're not offering a cash alternative to that one like they are with the holiday. I know my chances of winning are basically zero anyway, but it seems strange to hope I don't get the top prize because it would just be a waste of everyone's time.

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:

REALLY

That only works if you define 'content' as strictly Living World releases and nothing else. Otherwise we've had Halloween in October (which did include new content as well as the returning events) and we'll have Wintersday in December which may well include new stuff too. If I remember correctly festivals have previously counted as part of the release schedule so it seems inaccurate to exclude them now.

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:

REALLY

Sept 18th to Jan 7th is less than 4 months...

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Yargesh.4965 said:Not eligible. not whole of EU is allowed. Strange.

I was surprised by that too. The same thing happened with a contest another game I play is running, a few EU countries are included, all the rest are excluded. I assume it's something to do with the laws regarding running a contest (which could be as simple as needing a licence, to pay a fee or to notify the local authorities, if the people running it decide that's too complicated) but I'm not sure what the difference could be.

Another thing which might affect some people is you have to have a valid driving licence to get the car, and you have to buy insurance for it before it's delivered. And unfortunately they're not offering a cash alternative to that one like they are with the holiday. I know my chances of winning are basically zero anyway, but it seems strange to hope I don't get the top prize because it would just be a waste of everyone's time.

@"Randulf.7614" said:

REALLY

That only works if you define 'content' as strictly Living World releases and nothing else. Otherwise we've had Halloween in October (which did include new content as well as the returning events) and we'll have Wintersday in December which may well include new stuff too. If I remember correctly festivals have previously counted as part of the release schedule so it seems inaccurate to exclude them now.

We had festivals during the post hot release period as well, that went well... And i wouldnt tbf count returning content as new content, sure a pool of ppl didnt see it but its still old content, kinda like how it would be if lw1 was to rerelease.

@Elspereth.1280 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:

REALLY

Sept 18th to Jan 7th is less than 4 months...

True closer 4 months minus like 9 days.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:

REALLY

And it’s only been a bit over 2 months since the last one.

Also, two months was a goal, not a firm commitment.

Nowhere did i say that they should drop the ep now, only implied that dropping it on jan wouldnt be a good move and that the said they wanted to bring the releases closer to 2 monts.

While coming to terms with it now, I gotta say my first thought was: But GW2 isn't about rollerbeetles!, and is this a very early April fools joke?

Now re-reading it, it seems really just an event to play and it's a random sweepstakes as long as you participated. I wonder being from The Netherlands, but living in Germany makes me eligible.

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:While coming to terms with it now, I gotta say my first thought was: But GW2 isn't about rollerbeetles!, and is this a very early April fools joke?

Now re-reading it, it seems really just an event to play and it's a random sweepstakes as long as you participated. I wonder being from The Netherlands, but living in Germany makes me eligible.

The rules say legal residents of the listed countries, not citizens. Which makes sense since contests like this are usually restricted due to the rules on running a contest or types/value of prizes and the applicable laws are the ones for the country you're in, not the one you're from originally or a citizen of.

If anyone from the EU wants to practice and join the roller beetle community, hello i'm the leader of Race the EU beetle racing guild. We'll be hosting some practice runs for everybody using ours 50+ tracks we built the past months all around the world. Let everyone join our amazing beetle community! :) I'm so happy about this turn of events. Let see if you copied our tracks anet eheheh

@"Dragana.1497" said:Before anyone gets too excited, check if you are eligible for the contest/prizes first. A ton of countries are excluded.

Edit: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-roller-beetle-racing-sweepstakes-official-rules/

Anyone can participate in the races, which are permanent additions to the game. Anyone can participate in the racing dailies, which will be around for a month.

(The fact that not everyone in the world is eligible to not be randomly chosen to get RL swap is unsurprising, as anything involving cash or prizes has to go through tons of legal hoops. It's impressive to me that anyone at all is eligible.)

Archived