Rollerbeetle Racing and Long Live the Lich for Free (Coming Tues)

Randulf.7614

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"Yargesh.4965" said:Not eligible. not whole of EU is allowed. Strange.

I was surprised by that too. The same thing happened with a contest another game I play is running, a few EU countries are included, all the rest are excluded. I assume it's something to do with the laws regarding running a contest (which could be as simple as needing a licence, to pay a fee or to notify the local authorities, if the people running it decide that's too complicated) but I'm not sure what the difference could be.

Another thing which might affect some people is you have to have a valid driving licence to get the car, and you have to buy insurance for it before it's delivered. And unfortunately they're not offering a cash alternative to that one like they are with the holiday. I know my chances of winning are basically zero anyway, but it seems strange to hope I don't get the top prize because it would just be a waste of everyone's time.

From the Official Rules:

PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”):

Grand Prize – One (1) Winner will receive a choice of a custom skinned 2019 VW Beetle (ARV: $30,000USD) or $20,000USD cash.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-roller-beetle-racing-sweepstakes-official-rules/

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:
  • Ep3 Long Live the Lich will be free until Jan 7th to allow players to get the beetle

I get the "ep 5 not till Jan 7th" kind of oof from this line. I
REALLY
hope not, that will be almost 5 months since ep4 which is basically a content drought.

It’s been only since Sept 18th that we got a new map and story episode, a little over 2 months.

Cool, Im talking about Jan 7th, which is almost 5 months. That being said iirc Anet commended that episodes would be closer to the 2 month mark.

And it’s only been a bit over 2 months since the last one.

Also, two months was a goal, not a firm commitment.

None the less four months is a good bit wide of their two month goal, if it doesn't come out until January.

It would be strange to comment on a two monthly goal if your next episode is planned for four months. Kinda makes the statement seem like pure marketing to me.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"Yargesh.4965" said:Not eligible. not whole of EU is allowed. Strange.

I was surprised by that too. The same thing happened with a contest another game I play is running, a few EU countries are included, all the rest are excluded. I assume it's something to do with the laws regarding running a contest (which could be as simple as needing a licence, to pay a fee or to notify the local authorities, if the people running it decide that's too complicated) but I'm not sure what the difference could be.

Another thing which might affect some people is you have to have a valid driving licence to get the car, and you have to buy insurance for it before it's delivered. And unfortunately they're not offering a cash alternative to that one like they are with the holiday. I know my chances of winning are basically zero anyway, but it seems strange to hope I don't get the top prize because it would just be a waste of everyone's time.

From the Official Rules:

PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”):

Grand Prize – One (1) Winner will receive a
choice
of a custom skinned 2019 VW Beetle (ARV: $30,000USD) or $20,000USD cash.

Somehow I completely missed that. That's really good to know. :)

I saw they were offering the cash alternative to the holiday (probably because so many people can't or won't travel to the USA right now) and I thought that was sensible, but somehow I completely missed it on the car.

@Rhea Ravenseeker.7105 said:So, Long Live the Lich is free ....... as long as you already own Path of Fire. So not free.

The unlock is free. Actually playing it requires the expansion. What they've done is remove the gem cost of unlocking it after its active period. If you logged in during the episode's release time, you already have the unlock for free anyway. This is for folks that missed that window.

• ArenaNet Staff

This conversation seems to have two topics: (1) Episode 3 and/or roller beetle racing and (2) the sweepstakes and its eligibility. Let's keep with the OP's intentions of discussing the race and how to acquire the episode or a racer.

• To ask questions or make comments regarding contest eligibility, please see this thread.
  • To read a recent statement on eligibility, please see this post.
  • You can find a response to the request for an eligibility FAQ here.

Archived